Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Depths: An Alternate Underworld

Honestly, I love this idea. Everything about it is fantastic, though I'm not really sure if the idea of a boss talking to you through battle would work too well.

First update!

Did quite a few changes to the Shadowflame Sorceress! That includes story, stats, and appearance. Two masks added.

Also, have a drawing of Chasme's Soul:

p7XrLgi.png

Its still so amazing. Quick Question: Why did you remove the Guide?
Chasme was originally going to be truly evil, but I thought that was kind of cliche, and not so original. I then decided to make her a misunderstood character, as I thought that made her more interesting. The possessed guide made more sense back when she was evil (I just left him there). Also, with her soul replacing him, that now makes what used to be her not her any more, but a shadowstone giant she conjured up to make herself appear more threatening, so now she's not.. just somehow huge, but a soul of a tortured child trying to scare the player off, with her flash backs of being buried alive for a thousand years haunting her still.

There are some things I'm not quite sure how to address in the OP, as the Legend is meant to not tell the exact truth, but to portray her as evil, but it's not until during the battle the player finds out that she was just a kid who didn't mean to harm anyone.

Chasme was originally going to be truly evil, but I thought that was kind of cliche, and not so original. I then decided to make her a misunderstood character, as I thought that made her more interesting. The possessed guide made more sense back when she was evil (I just left him there). Also, with her soul replacing him, that now makes what used to be her not her any more, but a shadowstone giant she conjured up to make herself appear more threatening, so now she's not.. just somehow huge, but a soul of a tortured child trying to scare the player off, with her flash backs of being buried alive for a thousand years haunting her still.

There are some things I'm not quite sure how to address in the OP, as the Legend is meant to not tell the exact truth, but to portray her as evil, but it's not until during the battle the player finds out that she was just a kid who didn't mean to harm anyone.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the response.

Made it even more heart wrenching with this newest update I see.

Now I kinda wish there was a way to only defeat Chasme, rather than up and murder her. Perhaps a way to suck her soul into a new body or some such, so she could turn into a recruitable NPC? Heck, the necklace could still fall and shatter to release the spirits of light and dark through the process so that hardmode would end up activated. Even most of the drops would still make sense, because the shadow giant part of her would most likely still explode...

...Then again this is my overly optimistic side talking, as this would potentially lock you out of most of her drops. Unless there was a way to summon her shadow form again for farming purposes.

It wasn't until I saw this that I realized an alternate Hell would be cool. I've always really been partial to a Hades style underworld; A dark and gloomy place, full of rivers of souls that drain you of your life and endless caverns full of things hiding in the dark. No extreme lighting from lava, just a crushing darkness that feels like it's eating away at any light source you rely on to see.

I like this.

Way better that a big glob of guide chasing me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437222815,1437222475][/DOUBLEPOST]Whos the sacrifice though?

When you fight the wall of flesh, Guide dies. (Hoorah!)

(Can Chasme drop the GVD? I still want him to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Wow, this seems really freakin' cool. Make this like a beginner HM area to get some cool loot, add like a sort of event that will occur if you stay in the biome for a while. That would be so awesome

All I can really garner from that is 'I hate that Chasme is more than just a stat block with a sprite and AI for me to kill.'

Even so, I have a bit trouble understanding the self defense part. Unless I'm reading wrong you summon her and she just attacks.

Back
Top Bottom