Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Depths: An Alternate Underworld

A5uAPy0.png

MOM! Phineas and Ferb are invading my otherworldly realm!

I think it needs a BIT more help as a straight alternative to the Underworld. It seems kind of like another Corruption/Hallow replacement right now.

Wait... mercury? That can be useful in electronic devices, like new light sources, gyroscopes, switches!

Mercury is incredibly poisonous. And unfortunately, it isn't much of a replacement for magma, because after all magma is what the Earth was before it cooled into a solid ball of rock.

"GET OUT!"
I can imagine Isaac's mom from Binding of Isaac: Rebirth saying that.

Otherwise, great suggestion! I even thought of making a Hive alt. called "The Depths", but to be honest, the Underworld would be a better candidate for alternative. Maybe I could make an Hive alt. for this Underworld one day, who knows? All I'd need is permission to be honest, if anything.

Man. shadow queen, crystal hearts, Ultra Hammers and thousand year doors? *Puts on chugga voice* YOU GOT A CRYSTAL STARRRR!!!
ok, but still, amazing suggestion, and I like the quicksilver idea. Also, you making a yo-yo to counter the Hel-Fire?

A5uAPy0.png

MOM! Phineas and Ferb are invading my otherworldly realm!
Eh?

Nice, I like it. Though Zoomo's Shadow Wall fits better as big boss, imo.
I spent so much time on this character though :dryadsad:

This would actually be a great new biome to put in the game, plus I love minions, and your ideas would expand it alot. Not to mention how well thought out it was.
Thank you!

I think minions could use more help. Seems like the yoyo weapon type has more going for it even!

The achievement list was just released, and it has an achievement with this name. DEPTHS CONFIRMED 4 1.3!

Nope, it's for Crystal Hearts. Better change it.
*shrug*

I think it needs a BIT more help as a straight alternative to the Underworld. It seems kind of like another Corruption/Hallow replacement right now.
A bit more? Besides paintings it seems to have more content than the Underworld.

Wait... mercury? That can be useful in electronic devices, like new light sources, gyroscopes, switches!

Mercury is incredibly poisonous. And unfortunately, it isn't much of a replacement for magma, because after all magma is what the Earth was before it cooled into a solid ball of rock.
Due to the safer environment of the Depths, I made the enemies and boss more difficult than the Underworld's.

"GET OUT!"
I can imagine Isaac's mom from Binding of Isaac: Rebirth saying that.

Otherwise, great suggestion! I even thought of making a Hive alt. called "The Depths", but to be honest, the Underworld would be a better candidate for alternative. Maybe I could make an Hive alt. for this Underworld one day, who knows? All I'd need is permission to be honest, if anything.
Hive alt called that? How would that work?

Man. shadow queen, crystal hearts, Ultra Hammers and thousand year doors? *Puts on chugga voice* YOU GOT A CRYSTAL STARRRR!!!
ok, but still, amazing suggestion, and I like the quicksilver idea. Also, you making a yo-yo to counter the Hel-Fire?
One of my favorite games! :)

Most likely, yeah, when I find the Hel-Fire. I think I may update Confection before this, though.

You should improve the drop rates to be 33,3 %, so it would always drop a random emblem and a random weapon on kill, like the WoF does.

I can see Chasme relating to a part of a Breaking Benjamin song: I will always be here for the rest of my life — What Lies Beneath.

Oh man there is so much you've done with this and it just looks amazing. I quite like the enemies, especially the fluidslime thing! I think my favourite thing is the Mercury. There is honestly not enough Different iquids in this game. You say it's an alternative so might it work like Crimson/corruption? You either generate a world with the underworld or a world with the depths...

Or what about adding a level below the underworld? Would that be too much you reckon...

Also a question, I see people put an enormous amount of work into creating a whole biome with he monsters and items included.... Do they ever get included in the finished game? Or do they often become mods? Because I see this biome and I almost feel a jealous yearning because I know I won't actually play it, sigh. I fully support this and if it ever gets implemented in a mod of sorts please let me know, would play it!

Back
Top Bottom