1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Release dates for any platform will not be given until right before it happens.

Giving estimates/target dates or time frames simply hasn't worked well in the past.

Blue_M4ge and InstaFiz like this.
  2. breadbin

breadbin Terrarian

Money. Pure and simple.

If mobile and Switch was a priority they could throw a few more developers at it, that would cost more money. These porting companies work on other games at the same time which means varying priorities. They will tend to focus on where the money is coming from because it is a business and not a labour of love. Games like Stardew Valley, Undertale, Spelunky, Cave Story, Minecraft were all developed by one person. One person with passion. You cannot expect the same passion from developers working on a port. They're a bit like mercenaries in that respect.

3. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

It’s hard to tell whether this is a wholesome post or one where you call the devs greedy.

4. breadbin

breadbin Terrarian

It is meant in good faith. I am trying to show the difference between development studios creating an original game and a studio creating a port. I'm not saying they are greedy, i'll let the final price determine that, but it is a business and they have to make money otherwise they will sink. With Re-Logic it is completely different, they develop the game for different reasons. 2 weeks ago, I could have bought the PC version of Terraria for 5 quid. It's definitely not financially focused.

ppowersteef, Cjjedik and InstaFiz like this.
  5. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

I know xbox was first and now they started mobile but if they have the whole game codebase already for xbox it shouldnt take forever to make mobile.

6. Ferretwings

Ferretwings Terrarian

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To ensure there's no confusion on the Newegg site, that was Newegg acting on their own. There is no release date/window, or estimate confirmed by either 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio or Re-Logic at this time. When a release date is given, it will be announced here on these Forums first.

InstaFiz likes this.
  8. Proto Persona

Proto Persona The Destroyer

No necessarily. The hardware that mobile runs on is different from the hardware in consoles and PCs. The underlying code probably needs to be adjusted for those changes. Plus there's all the changes needed for the smaller screen area and playability on a touch screen. I doubt the work of porting to mobile was simple or mostly done when it was ported to PS4/XB1.

9. Temyee

Temyee Terrarian

Could I get some help? I got a Xbox one with the first version of Terraria on it. Whenever I try to update it it just stops converting worlds at 50% can’t play. Help?

10. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

I guess so but the screen area shouldnt be too hard

11. Hakaibutsu

Hakaibutsu Terrarian

I read where this was addressed as “Newegg acting on their own”, but what the what??

How or why would they do this? A false release date, an estimated shipping price on a digital only game, and pre-order pricing?

Is that price even accurate?

12. xXNightSinisterXx

xXNightSinisterXx Steampunker

Try resetting your cache. Unplug your Xbox for about 2-3 minutes and plug it right back in... See if that helps.

13. ED209

ED209 Plantera

What's the thing in the last hotbar slot?

14. darthmorf

darthmorf Party Girl

ED209 likes this.
  15. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Mechanic

I had my appendix explode on me a couple weeks ago. The LEAST you could do for me is release 1.3.6 before the end of this month!

Eh? Eeeeeeh? ;D

16. Sorry, but they probably won't.

DJFlare84 likes this.
  17. xXNightSinisterXx

Yeah, that is probably not gonna happen...

DJFlare84 likes this.
  18. Blood Crawler

Blood Crawler Brain of Cthulhu

That's so sad, i cri everi tiem `:cry:
    I guess release date will be somewhere in start of April

19. xXNightSinisterXx

Just pray that it comes soon. I’m a mobile player so I don’t really keep up with 1.3.6. Just give them time and it will be here before you know it.

20. Sheriffblock

Sheriffblock Skeletron Prime

Will heart arrows still be in terraria mobile 1.3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.