1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: more recent news has been posted
Lock date: 21:39 16-08-2019
  1. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

Didn’t I tell you to post it here? Player Suggestions

2. r4v1n6

r4v1n6 Official Terrarian

I think it would be great if 1.4 revamped the handling of save files so that it's impossible to corrupt saves, even when the save process IS interrupted. I know for a fact that that is possible, as I developed productivity apps many moons ago. Then it was absolutely verboten to corrupt user data for any reason.

3. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Yep! I actually even think it might be easier/better with how it works on mobile than even PC. :eek:

I just tried in-game. It took 19.3 seconds to buy 999 musket balls.

Quackinton and Sonic_X like this.
  4. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

No, that's not practically possible. Whether a block is actuated or not is not information sent to the tile shader, so unfortunately it wouldn't be able to determine what to do with which block.

It's technically possible, but that would require a vast amount of engine modifications, which I doubt is worth the result.

5. Quackinton

Quackinton Skeletron

I have a question. Does anyone know when split screen is coming to Switch? I’m thinking of buying the Switch version for my friend and I to play.

6. Phoenix798

Phoenix798 Skeletron Prime

So excited to be able to play both 1.3 mobile and current mobile because I have an iPad 6 gen and an iPad mini 2
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2019, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2019 ---
    ...Wow that is a huge improvement

Quackinton likes this.
  7. Sonic_X

Sonic_X Terrarian

When I was watching Terraria 1.3 Mobile stream video, I was wondering if you ever consider changing the look of damage number icon to give it a shape of PC icon? i think PC icon is more clear and lucid. But that's just my thoughts about this ;)

Quackinton likes this.
  8. Nine

Nine Terrarian

To clarify you mean in game as in 1.3? Or the current mobile version? Maybe my device I use is just slow. I used a stop watch so I didn’t think I messed it up. Although I can’t say that I didn’t make any mistakes. For it is possible to make mistakes.

“I just tried in-game. It took 19.3 seconds to buy 999 musket balls.” [/QUOTE]
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:22 AM, Original Post Date: Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM ---
    I just now went onto my I pad and bought 1001 bullets and I used a stop watch again to record the buying speed. I guess the “in game” is 1.3. Because it it me around 1 minute and 56 seconds. (I was slow to hit the stop that is why the picture below says 1:57).

Attached Files:

9. Quackinton

Quackinton Skeletron

:eek::dryadeek::merchanteek::nurseeek:~:eek:':eek:

AidanCat likes this.
  10. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:22 AM, Original Post Date: Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM ---
    I just now went onto my I pad and bought 1001 bullets and I used a stop watch again to record the buying speed. I guess the “in game” is 1.3. Because it it me around 1 minute and 56 seconds. (I was slow to hit the stop that is why the picture below says 1:57).[/QUOTE]

Correct, 1.3.

Pretty sure it had the wrong font for a time - but that has since been addressed.

Quackinton likes this.
  11. Sonic_X

Sonic_X Terrarian

So that means right now Terraria 1.3 Mobile has the same damage icon font and look as PC icon? (also crit colour)? ;)

Quackinton likes this.
  12. Spooderman79

Spooderman79 Terrarian

Will souls of night change sprite, and will there still be a manual cursor, or ‘zoom’ cursor be in 1.3?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM, Original Post Date: Aug 14, 2019 at 9:45 PM ---
    Will crafting also be closer to 1.3 love on Xbox and PlayStation, or will it be like mobile’s is right now?

13. Phoenix798

Fun fact! The update will release before November

Quackinton likes this.
  14. RockaBen99

RockaBen99 Terrarian

Proof.

15. Phoenix798

Cenx said it on the discord

Quackinton likes this.
  16. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Souls of Night sprite (along with the other Souls) will have updated sprites, they were updated in the 1.3 version on PC and will be for Mobile as well.

It looks like you zoom in/out with the buttons on the bottom of the screen.

Quackinton likes this.
  17. Quackinton

Quackinton Skeletron

Really? HYPEEEEEEEE! But which is it for? 1.3 mobile? 1.4 PC?

Blue_M4ge and AidanCat like this.
  18. Phoenix798

Mobile

AidanCat and Quackinton like this.
  19. Ilmarinen

Ilmarinen Santa-NK1

When? Did she say this recently?
    *edit*
    Oh.

Quackinton likes this.
  20. Quackinton

Quackinton Skeletron

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Sorry, too excited. Off topic question, @Loki, do you like ducks or just love them? The Discord channel was all about ducks today, and even the update is run by ducks, which is epic lol. The answer isn’t more than me of course, nobody loves ducks more than me lol.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 1:58 AM
    Nightspark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.