Game Mechanics The earth is pulsating with celestial energy...

Catman8274

Official Terrarian
Luminite.png

Luminite. We all know what it is. We all know what it does. It only comes from one thing.
Moon_Lord.png

The Moon Lord... Look... I like repeatedly killing bosses as much as the next guy. But having an ore drop EXCLUSIVELY from a boss? This should not be!

This suggestion is short and very simple. Instead of killing 30000 Moon Lords to get the armor we want, why not have the Moon Lord bless the world with Luminite upon death?
9VDYDc3.png

It's very simple. Luminite should not exclusively drop from the Moon Lord. I know this is a very badly Photoshopped representation... But it gets the point across! We should be able to find Luminite in the caves after beating the Moon Lord. I don't how else to say it.

Banner if you want to support this idea. Not necessary given the shortness of this.
Code:
[url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-earth-is-pulsating-with-celestial-energy.59096/][img]http://i.imgur.com/9VDYDc3.png[/img][/url]

I'm sorry to say, but if this is on purpose to get the bars faster, then I really don't mind to beat up another Moon Lord instead of going back into the same caves again, looking for a limited amount of chunks spawned and hoping that it doesn't break any of the underground builds I've made in the meantime.
In fact, I see this scenario even worse than just letting them drop.

In my view, it's much faster and safer to beat Moon Lord twice. (30.000 times is really exaggerated if it's only a maximum of 3)

I'm sorry to say, but if this is on purpose to get the bars faster, then I really don't mind to beat up another Moon Lord instead of going back into the same caves again, looking for a limited amount of chunks spawned and hoping that it doesn't break any of the underground builds I've made in the meantime.
In fact, I see this scenario even worse than just letting them drop.

In my view, it's much faster and safer to beat Moon Lord twice. (30.000 times is really exaggerated if it's only a maximum of 3)
I suppose I based much of this on my own opinions as well... I just don't think that an ore should drop EXCLUSIVELY from a boss. You know what I'm sayin'?

And yes I may have exaggerated a bit... But I know there's someone out there who agrees with me!

The extra evil biome spawn and hallow spawn already :red:s up my builds, I don't want anything else to
I don't think it would interfere with your Underground base... It would function like any other Hardmode Ore Spawn...
(In the future, I would seriously recommend building your very clearly Underground base out of Stone Bricks or Stone Slabs... to prevent your builds from getting screwed up...)

Maybe an alternative to this is that lumanite appears in sky islands but only can be mined post moon lord?
A nice idea... But that doesn't give it much room to spawn... This means making multiple worlds... Unless you're somehow implying that the Islands would be MADE of Luminite...

Hmmm... This doesn't really circumvent the making of more worlds to get the amount you may need... You also have to factor in the Spawn of a Sky Lake.
Don't get me wrong. I like this idea.

Ok so maybe the sky lakes can spawn with floating chunks of luminite around it? (Chunks are around the same size of meteors).

Hmm... I came up with a similar idea a while back, and I think that this would be great. Here's my idea on how it could work:

-Luminite now requires 225% Pickaxe Power (or higher) to mine. Only Laser Drills or Pillar Pickaxes will make a dent in this stuff.
-When killed, the Moon Lord spawns Luminite underground. However! It's much rarer than Adamantite/Titanium. It's not even worth attempting to mine any yet.
-Each Moon Lord kill spawns more Luminite underground. Once you kill about 3 Moon Lords, Luminite will be about as common as Adamantite/Titanium.

Another nice thing would be Pillar Stones that spawn in randomly underground as rare pot-like objects after their respective pillars have been taken down, which give a few fragments when broken.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom