Theory on The Crimson/Corruption.

Cerebrum123

Terrarian
It almost feels to me like the Corruption is a decayed version of the Crimson. The Crimson is alive with all kinds of fleshy creatures, and the Corruption just completely rotted away. You have rotten chunks, worms everywhere, and everything has become a ghastly decaying purple. It's almost like the Corruption is what happens when you leave the Crimson out for too long. Anyone else feel this way?

Oo. I like that thought. That could definitely be true. Would also explain why the Crimera and the Eater of Souls look so similair.
I mean, the similarities are probably there because gameplay reasons, but :red: if I'm not making this my headcanon.

the wiki says that the Corruption is more shadow-based than rot
The wiki sure hasn't been an amazing authority on trivia. Besides. One of the items to summon the EoW is rotten flesh, come on :p

I've never thought of it like that either, and it does make sense. Not to mention that Deathweed grows in both biomes.

I've never thought of it that way before... the wiki says that the Corruption is more shadow-based than rot, but it could be possible. The one thing that still sticks out to me is the sheer number of eyes the Corruption monsters have. I've always wondered why...
Maybe the decay is so strong that even light is effected by it?

You do have a point about the eyes though, maybe they are left over from a rotten BoC being recycled?

Maybe the decay is so strong that even light is effected by it?
You do have a point about the eyes though, maybe they are left over from a rotten BoC being recycled?
I've just realized the sheer lack of eyes in the Crimson monsters as well... Wow, I hope the devs have a way to explain this in future updates...

I've just realized the sheer lack of eyes in the Crimson monsters as well... Wow, I hope the devs have a way to explain this in future updates...
It might just be a design choice to make it different from the Corruption.
Corruption = loads of eyes
Crimson = no eyes

*shrug*. it makes sense to me

Not quite seeing a lack of eyes. BoC has a bunch that attack you, Face Monster seems to have them, same with Blood Crawler, Herpling etc. The only one I can think of that doesn't is the Floaty Gross.

Not quite seeing a lack of eyes. BoC has a bunch that attack you, Face Monster seems to have them, same with Blood Crawler, Herpling etc. The only one I can think of that doesn't is the Floaty Gross.
I think it's more that eyes aren't the focus of the biome, whereas in the Corruption something is staring at you, 100% of the time.

^^^^^^^^^
you just cracked the puzzle
mind blown
Hmm, this thread could make for an interesting suggestion. What if they added an event that could turn a Crimson into a Corruption? You could get a message "Your world has begun to rot". Might make for a way for a world to have both Crimson and Corruption stuff without making a new world.

The Brain definitely has the eyes, but the other monsters' sprites kind of just have pink lumps where their eyes should be.

The Brain definitely has the eyes, but the other monsters' sprites kind of just have pink lumps where their eyes should be.
he's right
Herpling.png
Face_Monster.png
Floaty_Gross.png

Back
Top Bottom