Tool TML GOG Patcher [ABANDONED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found a way to install tModLoader to GOG terraria. DISCLAIMER: you will need to copy steam *.dll to your terraria folder. Those steam .dll are technically considered as pirated (you do not own game on steam, do you?). I would say it is not pirating from the point of view of common sense. I also have to mention that tModLoader offers free modified terraria executable which technically is also considered as pirated. We all know it is not.
Anyway thats the way to make it work:
Download latest tModLoader and move all files to your terraria directory replacing existing as usual (as usual for steam version)
<link removed by staff> download, extract, move all files (2 *.dll files) to the folder with terraria.exe. It should work

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found a way to install tModLoader to GOG terraria. DISCLAIMER: you will need to copy steam *.dll to your terraria folder. Those steam .dll are technically considered as pirated (you do not own game on steam, do you?). I would say it is not pirating from the point of view of common sense. I also have to mention that tModLoader offers free modified terraria executable which technically is also considered as pirated. We all know it is not.
Anyway thats the way to make it work:
Download latest tModLoader and move all files to your terraria directory replacing existing as usual (as usual for steam version)
<link removed by staff> download, extract, move all files (2 *.dll files) to the folder with terraria.exe. It should work

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/7...e141b47d01fed7ffb1d9b7f1da22fe1ae0f/detection

It reports a 9/57. Looks like it's a false positive since the big names like malwarebytes says it's clean... but I want to be sure. Has this given anyone problems? Does this really work?

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/7...e141b47d01fed7ffb1d9b7f1da22fe1ae0f/detection

It reports a 9/57. Looks like it's a false positive since the big names like malwarebytes says it's clean... but I want to be sure. Has this given anyone problems? Does this really work?
The specific file - steam_api.dll is being detected as Trojan.GenericKD, which is malware downloader. i am sure it is false positive (not connecting to anything in Windows Resource Monitor), but I have sent it to microsoft malware analysis. Also, I am using this for about 30 days, and 10 days ago I did check my PC (malwarebytes, kaspersky, ADW and hitman pro) and it found nothing. I have to mention that I did not run terraria with admin rights which might (really rarely) be the case why trojan not working on PC. I will post microsoft malware submission results as soon as they arrive

Last edited:
i tryed it with my VM, doesn't look like a virus (definitely not an expert), didn't work either.
When i try to open Terraria, it opens a new process in the taskmanager, but doesn't open any window

Running into the same issue as Tartaros. Followed the instructions exactly, but the game never launches. Wonder what we're missing.

Managed to get the GoG version of 1.3.5.2 to work with the latest tModLoader using the trick NKSHV found using the two dlls he linked, as well as an ini from a "special" version of 1.3.5.2. <link removed by staff> the link is just the DLLs NKSHV linked paired with the ini that made it work. I'm not certain if this has any effect on the game yet as i have not had the time to test it enough so be careful if you use it.

I can confirm that the files that ChaoticEvilMagilou put up work as a workaround. I took my 1.3.5.3 install and used those files and it works like it was a Steam version (it also says my Terraria is 1.3.5.2 again, but I am unsure of how true that is). The good news is that it has worked for all of the mods I have wanted to use so far!

Thanks for the files!

-Ex0dus

<Content removed by Staff>

Yo, mediafire blocked your patch file, can you reupload to a different site? Thanks for your work!

Yo, mediafire blocked your patch file, can you reupload to a different site? Thanks for your work!
<link removed by staff>
I don't know much good file hosters with long term file storage, so I upload here. It will be downloable for 3 month. If someone know any good file hoster with long file hosting term and without/with switchable antivirus scan option, upload and post here a link, I'll add it to previous post.

Several posts were deleted or edited to remove links above here. Many triggered malware warnings for me; maybe they were false positives, but I'm not taking any chances with that, and I wouldn't advise that anyone else do so either.

It is not permitted to post links to cracked versions of the game or to cracked Steam .dll files anywhere on this forum. Do not post them again, at the risk of being permanently banned from this community. If you choose to used pirated software, please keep it to yourself and do not share it here.

Jeckel's return status is unknown, but that doesn't mean people can use this thread to post things that violate the rules of this forum.

There is a link to the github repository for the work done so far in the first post, I expect that means that anyone is free to pick up where Jeckel left off and update the tool to work properly.

Those steam .dll are technically considered as pirated (you do not own game on steam, do you?). I would say it is not pirating from the point of view of common sense. I also have to mention that tModLoader offers free modified terraria executable which technically is also considered as pirated. We all know it is not.
Common sense or not, it is against the rules of this forum to post this information here. Whatever TML does, it has explicit permission from Re-Logic to do so.

Last edited:
Several posts were deleted or edited to remove links above here.
Why removed files from my [url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tml-gog-patcher-beta.50413/page-9#post-1517948]message[/URL]? It was not a hack, just a regular exe from GOG version 1.3.4.4.

GOG probably released several versions of 1.3.4.4, and "TML GOG Patcher" can only work with one of them. On the previous page, a few people have this problem - "TML GOG Patcher" is not working due to incorrect file checksum.

Why removed files from my message? It was not a hack, just a regular exe from GOG version 1.3.4.4.
It was removed for the reasons you stated - it was a functioning version of the game. You basically posted a free version of the game, and that is not permitted here.

I can't download the patch files for windows, when i click the link it says 404 not found. Is there a newer thread for Tmod?

Is there any way someone could show us a tutorial video thats new? It'll really help since I cant understand some instruction videos

Well, time to spend a stuttering bit of my savings cuz this is probably not gonna be updated...;(;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom