Unleash Your Creativity - Terraria Steam Workshop Support Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got two questions about texture packs:
  1. Is it possible to use change an item's tooltip?
  2. Can wires be made permanently invisible, regardless of whether the player is holding a switch etc.?

1. You can change an items tooltip, but you cannot add a tooltip if it did not already exist.
2. I'm not aware of a combination of settings that would allow that.

Quick question for the map-playing section of the community, uhm, does anyone remember the name of *this* map? I played it a few years ago and have been wanting to play it again, but can't remember the name. Kept forgetting to ask about it.
A reverse image search doesn't come up with much, so I think the devs made that image for the Steam Workshop update post and it's not actually apart of any adventure map.

Quick question for the map-playing section of the community, uhm, does anyone remember the name of *this* map? I played it a few years ago and have been wanting to play it again, but can't remember the name. Kept forgetting to ask about it.
It's Tales of the Terrarian. It's actually still generally functional in 1.4 but you may want to keep your pickaxe as a singular puzzle broke, fortunately you can get past it though if you just mine away at some sand in your way.

It's Tales of the Terrarian. It's actually still generally functional in 1.4 but you may want to keep your pickaxe as a singular puzzle broke, fortunately you can get past it though if you just mine away at some sand in your way.

Ah, thank you both! I was looking for it the other day and thought it sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember as I had played several other maps around the same time.

I remember hostile projectiles being affected by enemy banners was a big no-no, or that was the last I read in the balance thread, What changed? Could a single banner still affect different enemies with the same projectile?

I remember hostile projectiles being affected by enemy banners was a big no-no, or that was the last I read in the balance thread, What changed? Could a single banner still affect different enemies with the same projectile?

It was still a substantial amount of work, but we did some back-end overhauls that allowed it to be done in a semi-reasonable amount of time. There were still a bunch of edge-case issues, like the aforementioned projectile NPCs (which are not projectiles at all, yet are expected to behave like them).

So what's the today's update about?
I feel like i missed the changelog if there was one.

Got a Terraria update today that showed 0 bytes in size but it still screwed up my Terraria's resolution like usual after updates.
I am not subscribed to any workshop packs btw.

Last edited:
Terraria 1.4.2.2 Changelog

Changes

- Projectile NPCs (enemy projectiles that can be hit and destroyed by the player) are now subject to the effects of that enemy's banner
- Chattering Teeth Bomb and Shadowflame Apparition are now also subject to their creator's banners (Clown and Goblin Summoner respectively)
- All Town NPC first names can now be adjusted using Resource Packs
- Added /ale to the Emote menu list

Bugfixes
- Fixed a crash caused by having no valid/detected audio devices when launching Terraria
- Fixed an issue where certain tracks, most notably the Terraria intro track, would not loop correctly with some music Resource Packs
- Fixed an issue where renaming or importing worlds would change the time of day in that world to the time of the main menu at the moment they were renamed
- Fixed an issue where the Steelseries RGB setting was using the Logitech setting in the config.json, not the Steelseries setting (in other words, you can now properly deactivate Steelseries RGB if you wish to do so)
- Fixed an issue where certain MP3 files would play at dramatically lower speeds
- Fixed an issue where the Linux GOG dedicated server was not launching correctly under some conditions
- Fixed an issue where non-Journey players could sometimes be set to permanently have Journey powers activated
- Fixed an MP syncing issue relating to enemy Heal effects
- Fixed a error that led to Dart Gun and Dart Rifle's 1.4.1 balance change not being applied
- Fixed a missing apostrophe in a painting name
- Fixed an issue where the completion meter in the Bestiary would show a comma after 100% when using any language other than English
- Fixed an issue where Lazure's Barrier Platform would be worn on your head when in reverse gravity. The world is not ready for this level of futuristic fashion.
- Fixed an inconsistency where language and music Resource Packs would be prioritized in reverse order compared to texture changes. Packs at the top should be prioritized, but language changes were prioritizing packs at the bottom.
- Fixed projectile knockback being inconsistent in multiplayer
@Lythael mostly bug fixes, but some of these updates, aside from everything else, are actually pretty great! 👏 😊

@Lythael mostly bug fixes, but some of these updates, aside from everything else, are actually pretty great! 👏 😊
But that's old changelog from March today is 22 April and i got an 0kb update today.
Main post haven't been edited at all since March 29 this changelog is old i recognize the NPC banner projectile change.

But that's old changelog from March today is 22 April and i got an 0kb update today.
Main post haven't been edited at all since March 29 this changelog is old i recognize the NPC banner projectile change.
20210422072812_1.jpg

If you start up the game & are running on version 1.4.2.2, then the updates I posted above are the only noted changes; as I'm pretty certain I was doing multiplayer in version 1.4.2.1 just several days ago.

View attachment 317887
If you start up the game & are running on version 1.4.2.2, then the updates I posted above are the only noted changes; as I'm pretty certain I was doing multiplayer in version 1.4.2.1 just several days ago.
sigh.jpg

So did OP time travel or something? Or Steam delayed that update for nearly a month?
Since i got the update today and not at 29 March.

And why the update was 0 bytes?

Forum staff have an option to to tag "don't update last edited" when editing a post
^.~

that is why it says "Last edited: Mar 29, 2021" instead of "Last edited: Apr 22, 2021"

There even is a new Entry on the Wiki

Also 2 new sprites were added, but i have no idea what they do or are for yet
<.<;

Forum staff have an option to to tag "don't update last edited" when editing a post
^.~

that is why it says "Last edited: Mar 29, 2021" instead of "Last edited: Apr 22, 2021"

There even is a new Entry on the Wiki

Also 2 new sprites were added, but i have no idea what they do or are for yet
<.<;

Ay they kinda shouldn't do that to avoid confusion i mean not everyone pays attention to the version numbers or memorized everything from the changelog.
Like i didn't and was wondering what was and what wasn't in the changelog since i seen the mention of NPC projectiles and banners when this topic was created.

Thanks for clarifying.

Ay they kinda shouldn't do that to avoid confusion i mean not everyone pays attention to the version numbers or memorized everything from the changelog.
Like i didn't and was wondering what was and what wasn't in the changelog since i seen the mention of NPC projectiles and banners when this topic was created.

Thanks for clarifying.

I made an arbitrary edit to the post to refresh the most-recently-edited date to today, if that helps. Though I would have assumed the big yellow text saying 1.4.2.2 Changelog might have been a dead giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom