What's the worst logic you've ever heard?

Don't do bad things to a person just because they did bad things to you! That will just make matters even worse, and it's wrong on it's own right.
It isn't wrong at all, letting her get away with whatever she does is wrong, if she doesn't change her behavior other people will have to deal with her, because apparently her mom needs to do some parenting once in a while.

Re-Logic Can't believe that hasn't been said yet... Uh... stay on topic...

"I'm Better at soccer"
"No. We're Equal" -Me
"Yeah, sure..."
"Let's have a match then" -Me
*Proceeds to win*
"WE'RE EQUAL" -Me
"Yeah, SURE..."
*BeingYourFriend.exe has stopped working*

*says something pertaining to a race in some way but no way offensive to the race*
"Wow, racist."
People who do :red: like this are immediately to my distaste. If you're gonna use a word, learn what it means. Saying someone is of ___ heritage does not say anything offensive towards their race nor does it say my race is superior. It merely says that their ancestors originated from around that location.

Anyone's logic behind why they think something is overrated. When you say it, it works like this:
A large part of everyone enjoys something When you call it overrated, you are implying that everyone who enjoys it is in the wrong. Their opinions are apparently incorrect, and they shouldn't be enjoying it because you don't enjoy it. The one declaring the something as overrated has decided that the majority is giving something too much praise because they wouldn't give it that much praise, as if their opinion on the something was the only one that mattered.

Anyone's logic behind why they think something is overrated. When you say it, it works like this:
A large part of everyone enjoys something When you call it overrated, you are implying that everyone who enjoys it is in the wrong. Their opinions are apparently incorrect, and they shouldn't be enjoying it because you don't enjoy it. The one declaring the something as overrated has decided that the majority is giving something too much praise because they wouldn't give it that much praise, as if their opinion on the something was the only one that mattered.
This is incorrect.

Saying something is overrated means precisely that. I can enjoy something and still think it is overrated. It is the persons opinion that the subject matter does not deserve the quantity of positive praise it gets, usually in comparison to other similar things. They are not invalidating other people, they aren't outright saying "No your opinion is wrong". Things can be overrated due to having extensive media exposure etc.

Things can, rightly be overrated or underrated with no relation or implication that those who enjoy it are in the wrong for doing so, but that quantitatively speaking, the praise it gets compared to something of a very similar nature is considerably higher without the thing in question being of any higher quality.

To give an example, this is a very common phenomenon within gaming recently, particularly due to youtube coverage. A game can have significantly more coverage than another similar if someone like Pewdiepie plays and likes it, simply because he played it, it doesn't mean the game itself is any better than others in the genre. Games like Five Nights at Freddy's for example, which in my opinion sucks every shade of butt, and compared to games such as Penumbra, is significantly overrated simply due to youtube.

No news is good news. So what if that no news is the fact that your friend can't reach you because he's dead... Think about that.
"No news is good news" refers to things being uneventful as ultimately better than something bad happening.

In short, you are taking something that isn't meant to be taken literally, literally.

It isn't logical to apply logic to idioms.

when homophobes think gays are going to hell, and dont console them by giving them a good time on earth.

when homophobes dont want gays to be happy when it doesnt affect them.

when homophobic parents hope that their child isnt gay.

when people think homosexuality is unnatural. sure, it isnt the way to reproduce, but homosexuality is KINDA what happens (at least eventually) if you give a creature the capacity to love.

when people hate you for an opinion of yours. one time i said if you fight someone, you dont have the brain capacity to settle it mentally (unless the fight is recreational, of course) and a random guy started replying all of these oh so hurtful things and calling me a moron and saying how much more mature he was than me. i legit laughed so hard i couldnt swallow anything, and it hurt when i spoke.

when religious people try to point out wrongs in atheism and logic such as "who created the bible?" :red:, HUMANS created the bible. god may or may not have said those things in the bible, but HUMANS recorded it. 1. respect opinions. how would you like it if i went to a church and said "god is a stupid idea because the bible says he creates everyone, even gays, so he creates people to send them to hell"? i mean, it kinda says that, at least in the eyes of the really religious people, but that is stupid. of course, god isnt a stupid idea, but homophobes' god is stupid, if he really sends gays to hell for being themselves. yeah, i said it. but i digress.
2. there are just as many logic in any religion as there are in atheism, so shut your damn mouth.

and finally, when people are insecure at home and take it out at people at school. how does that give you any type of satisfaction? if you had a modicum of intelligence and human decency, you would know about these things called "feelings".

i probably shouldnt have put so many sexuality related things here, but look at the logic there!
[DOUBLEPOST=1427912042][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, the old gamer chorus of "Don't tell me to get better, I'm just trying to have fun!"

No, having fun and completely and utterly sucking at games are not mutually inclusive. You can have fun while not sucking at games, I promise. A damn lot of fun, of the "heh, is the game even trying anymore?" kind.

I used to suck at games, just like you, then I took a Rockman in the knee.
i believe the point is that they dont want to be bothered, because they dont want to take the time to get good at the game, they are just there for the fun. besides, there is such a thing as having fun because youre bad at the game. sure, it is extremely rare, but it exists.

"X is terrible."
"Why?"
"Because it sucks."
"*proceeds to give loads of good points about said thing*"
"Whatever. It still sucks."
"o_O"

Also, when someone does something, then you do something similar (but not the same. I don't copy people.) and they shoot you down for it. It's annoying.
well, its just their opinion. they might not like the gameplay, or the story, or both.

or they could just say "it sucks in my opinion".
they dont really need to back up their opinion on a video game with facts.

o_O
also, their defense could be that they dont like the gameplay, story, or both.
If someone asks for their opinion and asks for reasons, you should give reasons.

I would be fine if they said that, but they don't.

Back
Top Bottom