1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice

tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by Scooterboot9697, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Dwagon

Dwagon Terrarian

Terraria needs more super missile explosions.
    Hoping to see this released!

2. CorruptdWarrior

CorruptdWarrior Plantera

Quite eager to see how this works out, and I don't doubt that this will be a very fleshed out mod.

Question, though, will the various powerups and expansions be found/looted, crafted, or a combination of the two possibilities?

And do you plan on doing an open beta to bug test, or will you only be doing closed testing within your team?

Scooterboot9697 likes this.
  3. Scooterboot9697

Scooterboot9697 Official Terrarian

Some items can be crafted and some are found, so a combination of both.

First release will be open beta.

4. ZombieZayne

ZombieZayne Terrarian

Do you plan on adding a Zero Suit clothing style during character creation/wardrobe? Or expand upon fishing at all?

5. Kragtast

Kragtast Terrarian

i've been using the metroid music wavebank but i'd like to tweak it/make my own.

most resources on how to do this are extremely outdated as of the latest updates, does anyone know the exact tracklist i need to follow?

EDIT: i found an up-to-date resource, if there's a want for it i'll share my personalized metroid themed wavebank here (featuring some music from samus returns), should y'all want it!

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  6. Scooterboot9697

For the moment, the Zero Suit isn't planned, though I've been considering adding it what with so many people requesting it. And the only thing fishing related might be special bait to summon Serris(?). Nothing else fishing related is planned, anyway.

Can't tell if you want to know how to make Wave Banks, or what the tracklist for my Wave Bank was, or both.
    If you want a tracklist, this one should have updated links to songs.
    If you need a program that can actually make a Wave Bank, look up "XACT"; there's probably also YT tutorials.

7. Kragtast

Kragtast Terrarian

i got it all figured out, i made a wavebank for this mod once a few years ago so i thought i'd give it a shot since my buddies got me back into the game

8. Eisklinge20

Eisklinge20 Terrarian

is ther a new downlodelink? the one ih the descripen is not working anymore

Roberto1223_YT likes this.
  9. Wildfire

Wildfire Skeletron Prime

so.....the trailer for the update was release....wonder how this changes things

10. Koopahunter197

Koopahunter197 Spazmatism

Likely as much as it changes things for any other mod.

11. Wildfire

Wildfire Skeletron Prime

I mean for when the update comes out, and will this trailer cause the mod author to halt work on the mod, until the update is out, so that he can look at tne new code/new tmodloader code?

12. steamjunk

steamjunk Terrarian

why would he?
    while its true that you never know what will break when they update tmodloader
    that doesnt seem like a reason to flat out stop work on a mod thats currently being ported to tmodloader
    if anything it just means that if the update drops before scoots metroid mod rereleases breaks it
    then scoot will just delay its release to fix it

if the mod does release first then
    woo
    it doesnt matter

13. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

In either case, I'll have to set up no automatic updates incase 14.0 drops before metroid releases

14. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

Same, I won't deny the update looks really cool. But it feels pretty underwhelming now that Terraria has modding left and right; Something that was pretty rare before 1.3.5 and what few mods did exist then weren't very good.

It seems like many people are not in favor of Terraria updating because they'll lose their ability to play mods, atleast until everything is fully updated.

It's a known fact Relogic is working with TMODLoader devs to try to minimize conflicts asap. And also things like Fabsol knowing throwing was going to be removed before anyone else did publicly so he had time to make Rouge Damage.

15. Scooterboot9697

Relevant status update:

Originally, we were going to wait longer for a release. Due to my life hitting some snags, progress had been going very slowly.
    However, now that we know that the Terraria update is going to drop this year, we plan to polish what we have and go ahead with a release.
    (No promises on a specific time frame, however).
    This should give a window to play this mod before Journey's End drops (and after it drops if you're withholding from updating).

We'll do bugfixes as we can, but major updates will be withheld until after tModLoader updates for Journey's End.

16. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

That is great to see, even if the major updates do sound important, I will be satisfied with the content that'll be provided soon at least

17. ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger Plantera

Oh, trust me, there's already more than enough content to satisfy. People were drooling over this when it was half as developed as it is now.

The gesture is greatly appreciated, Scooterboot! Best of luck in everything on your end of things.

18. rickles

rickles Terrarian

Does this work for multiplayer yet?

19. Scooterboot9697

It's being worked on.

20. rickles

rickles Terrarian

Ok thanks please notify me when its ready for multiplayer if you don't mind.