1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by Scooterboot9697, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Wildfire

Wildfire Skeletron Prime

Thanks for the update scoots. This is what i meant, when i said "I wonder how the update will affect this mod"
    before trailer 'wait for new update'
    after trailer 'work, and release the mod preferably before the update'
    Not that i want you to rush. Please, do take your time

ShadowTiger likes this.
  2. Kragtast

Kragtast Terrarian

Hey, I've made my own personalized wave bank based off of the updated version by Jeffcole1, so it's functional with 1.3.4.
    Download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/64q5hn0xm0vld38/Wave Bank.xwb?dl=0, if you have any requests for changes i might give it a shot but no guarantees.

1. Night: MSR: SR388 Surface Ambience
    2. Eerie: SM: Crateria Landing
    3. Day: SM: Crateria Main Theme
    4. Boss 1: MP1: Meta Ridley Battle
    5. Title: MP1: Title Theme
    6. Jungle: MF: Sector 2 TRO Remix
    7. Corruption: MP: Phazon Mines
    8. Hallow: MP3: Skytown, Elysia
    9. Underground Corruption: MP3: Phaaze
    10. Underground Hallow: MSR - Chozo Laboratory
    11. Boss 2: MP1: Metroid Prime Phase 1
    12. Underground: AM2R: Hydro Station
    13. Boss 3: MSR: Diggernaut Theme
    14. Snow: MP1: Phendrana Drifts
    15. Space: MP1: Sunken Frigate
    16. Crimson: MP3: Skytown Metroid Xenoresearch Area
    17. Boss 4: MP2: Quadraxis Battle
    18. Day Alt: AM2R: SR388 Tunnels
    19. Rain: MP1: Tallon Depths
    20. Ice: MP3 : Bryyo Ice
    21. Desert: MP1: Chozo Ruins Plaza
    22. Ocean: MP1: Tallon Overworld
    23. Dungeon: MP3: Pirate Homeworld
    24. Plantera: MP1: Parasite Queen
    25. Boss 5: MP2: Adult Chykka Battle
    26. Temple: MP3: Bryyo Cliffside
    27. Solar Eclipse: MP1: Frigate Orpheon
    28. Rain SFX: Light Rain Loop by soundrecorder7
    29. Mushroom: MSR - Water Caves
    30. Pumpkin Moon: MP1: Omega Pirate
    31. Underground Alt: MSR: Caverns
    32. Frost Moon: MP1: Thardus
    33. Underground Crimson: MP3: Valhalla's Depths
    34. Lunar Event: MP2: Chykka Larva Theme
    35. Pirate Invasion: MP2: Space Pirates Main Theme
    36. Hell: MSR: Lava Caves
    37. Martian Madness: AM2R: Serris
    38. Final Boss: MP1: Metroid Prime Phase 2
    39. Goblin Event: MP1: Space Pirates Main Theme
    40. Sandstorm: MP: Chozo Ruins Main Theme
    41. Old One's Army: MP3: Gandrayda

Scooterboot9697 and ShadowTiger like this.
  3. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

besides the video update showcasing the beam weapon upgrades, what else are we expecting for a beta release?

4. Scooterboot9697

Scooterboot9697 Official Terrarian

Even though I've shown quite a number of spoilers, there are some things that I want to be a surprise. ;)

5. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

"Cue Space Pirate Boss fight video you only shared in discord here"

6. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

[​IMG]

Well then, heres to that. Hopefully, I'll be able to show off whatever I find here when it drops but will probably be placed under a spoiler to keep things a secret (Unless anyones super curious.)

Scooterboot9697 likes this.
  7. Koopahunter197

Koopahunter197 Spazmatism

From what I know, there's only a dev discord for this mod

8. IDGCaptainRussia

this was shared in TMODLoader discord

9. Scooterboot9697

Actually I'm pretty sure I did share it on this thread a few pages back.
    And honestly, I believe that boss is the largest achievement I've made for this mod currently.

IDGCaptainRussia likes this.
  10. IDGCaptainRussia

Oh look at that, someone took the time to prove me wrong, massive hand claps my dude bravo! (not sarcasm, I do like being proved wrong at times)

I think that boss alone outshines any boss ever made in modded Terraria, I've even heard people say it makes Calamity's bosses look lame by comparison.
    I might be repeating myself here: but I could never animate legs or arms in Gamemaker like that while where were many who could, it's amazing to see it done so well in Terraria!

11. TapDrew

TapDrew Terrarian

I'm very curious, once this mod gets tI a release with all of the bosses, it would be really nice for a super metroid adventure map. (Starting after arriving on brinstar tho)

12. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

Though, as much as I dislike pestering for updates, I've been constantly checking the release board for any indications and probably the last thing I'll post here in terms of discussion until it drops.

I hope this isn't rude of me to ask again (And certainly addressed that the time slot is shorter) but will we expect a release next month or is there going to be a metroid mod Lite version if the project's ambitions are becoming larger than expected?

13. Scooterboot9697

It'll come out when it's ready, in a state that we are happy with. That's about all I can say.

14. Impzor The Starfox

Impzor The Starfox Skeletron Prime

Pretty long time passed since last comment. And I'm still waiting for it

15. ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger Plantera

Comments like that will make it come out any faster? They'll grant extra motivation to someone that's not being paid for their sweat, blood, and tears?

16. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

In all honesty, I am willing to donate just because I've had hell've a fun time with previous versions, fact that hes managing to try and get it up to date and then some is STILL commendable.

I'm still on the edge of my seat until the day comes and understandably, I can feel their anticipation. They just wanna be reassured from the maker but I think at best, this quote,
    is probably the only thing that should tide us over until he and his team get the mod published.

It's still great the amount of support is helping keep this thing alive.

17. mynameisgabe

mynameisgabe Terrarian

I agree. I haven't posted much, but I've been lurking here since it was on tAPI, and it's honestly really commendable to keep coming back to update the same mod.

Christopher Early likes this.
  18. Christopher Early

Christopher Early Terrarian

This thread is the reason I signed up to the forums so I hear you on the lurking. I've got classes starting in a month and the suspense is at Alfred Hitchcock levels.

19. Tylerfreeman

Tylerfreeman Terrarian

I think to this day, I'm still ecstatic that we're gonna get moonlord based beam addons.

Which does make me curious about the beam tier in general since I think I remember that the previous build went up to plantera and golem.

I'm still hoping that the Screw attack can be obtained without the cheat sheet though

20. mynameisgabe

mynameisgabe Terrarian

just out of curiosity, have you considered adding anything to make missiles viable past early hardmode? I always liked how early on, you kinda had to use a combination of missiles and beams for bosses.