Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laser trap: Buy from Mechanic after Golem's kill. When activated, creates a laser from the block of the trap to the first block on this line that works until disactivating and deals ~50 damage. Sorry for my bad English:rolleyes:.

Wow, I had another great idea. :)

Eighth. Gravity walls that pull you in the direction they're facing. (Just like Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Rightside Down Galaxy). Using the Gravity Globe can also revert the gravity even with the walls facing somewhere, using it while the gravity is facing right will make you go to the left. (Gravity walls don't change the camera, just the gravity globe does it).

I've also updated my original post.

Last edited:
MOAR STATUES like rare creature statues which u have to craft from like all other statues,wireless connections, can use anything metal or liquid to let electricity pass trough, if anything stands on a electrified metal it get the electrified debuff which previously u could only get from martian madness machines can overheat, make hoiks an actual real thing in terraria and upgrade them, more wrenches, accesories which improve wiring skills, an accesory which prevents machines from overheating, u actually need something to power your contraptions, like solar energy, maybe ask 505games if they could add that the android pet can power wires without switches or anything, and the last few ideas arent actually about wires but i was thinking if u could copy minecraft's portal gun mod's can teleport to moon function but will need some gear to survive there and maybe add more drops from bosses, for example for the twins retinazer drops an upgraded laser rifle and spazatism or whatever his/her name is drops a flamethrower but shoots cursed flames so it would give cursed flames more use

PLEASE add more ways to interact with items! Add ways to pick items off the ground, move items between chests, and have a block that auto-sells any items piped (or otherwise inserted) into it, and outputs the coins. As for how to move items around, how about to do it you need martian conduit plating to craft conduits to pipe items around. You could have an extraction conduit, which pulls out items when powered, and can be given a filter, a insertion conduit, which inserts items into chests from a connected conduit, can be filtered, and a normal conduit to connects extractions and insertion conduits. Also, please make the martian chest pick up items off the ground within a certain range and insert them into itself. I want to be able to automate coin and key farms and stuff.

YES! I know something:
- A device that you put inbetween wires that gives power trough but with a little delay.
Now how this works is, you put it inbetween wires and you right-click to set time (1-60 seconds). You activate the wire, and If I ,for example, set the time to 3 seconds the wire will be activated until the device that waits 3 seconds, then the other wires activate.
-A team-wrench/pressure plates
So basically in Multiplayer you can make traps and if you are on a team the people on your team can only activate the traps if they step on a team-coloured pressure plate, and the enemy won't activate it.
-Wireless teleporter
It explains itself.
-The Power Transmitter
A device that you wire, and if you activate it, the device will send a beam of power that can send a power to like 1000 blocks away.
-Damage powered machine
If you shoot at it with any weapon it will send out a beam of power (Basically power transmitter but with damage so you can activate traps from far away)
-0.5 second timer
Basically you have to get a 1 second timer and a platinum/gold watch and craft at a Wireless router (I will come to that later) and it will activate every 0.5 seconds and will activate firework boxes only.
-Wireless router
A crafting station that requires "Broken Router" and 5 wire, it basically is a crafting station for the mechincal stuff.
-Broken Girl (Basically a girl that wanders around and throws telephones at you, because she is broken cus he has no internet)
I am not sure about the name yet but I thought you could add an enemy that drops a Broken Router with a 10% chance, it is common in the overworld but only at blood moons. The phones do around 50 damage without any defense.

This is all it might be ridiculous but I thought I would give it a shot, anyways, have a good day all!

You should be able to hammer the traps to face upwards for more flexible farming. Also, a jungle trap the shoots poison out at the player, an ice trap the freezes the player in the tundra, and an ocean related trap. You should also have a major accesory called the Mechanic's Portable Workshop. It would be crafted with; wrench station ( crafted at tinker table, crafted with all wrenches and wire cutter), 500 wire, Measurement tape ( ruler, mechanical ruler, and wire counter ( tells how much wire to get to were your cursor is, also works on map). The Portable mechanics workshop would give you a 50% increases range and a 100% increased wire range. Only works in accesory slot. Another cool item would be to infinite wire sack (4 stacks of 999 wire and a crystal ball.) and finally the electronic boots ( frostspark boots + 20 of all souls besides flight and 2 stacks of wire. "Gives the player the speed of electricity" and its upgrade the power boots ( electrical boots, and any wings). The electrical and power boots give a 15% increase on wire placement. Theanks for reading my post and maybe adding a couple if these in. :)

My idea,
The Overcharger

Pre-hardmode yoyo
brought from the mechanic for 12 Gold.
Has a pulse around it for 3 blocks wide and high
Damage: 21 (Pulse damage is 5 damage)
Critical: 4%
Tooltip: "Don't get zapped!"

And ...
The Zapper
Hardmode staff
Damage: 35
Mana cost: 2 per Bolt
How to craft: Mechanics soul (100% chance to drop from mechanic) 40 colbalt bars and 20 wire
Use time: 14 Autouse
Tooltip: "Zzzzzap!"
Range of bolts: 18 blocks

Hope you liked it!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 123
The only way to really solve the wire problem is to add "wi-fi" as it's refered to. You could add extra colored wrenches but it would still be a mess, stacking different colors on top of each other is a pain also.

An easy way to solve this is to make an item called something like "Wi-fi module" which when used, makes you place two items. The two modules would be linked together (visually) with a line when you are in "wiring mode" so you know which modules are linked together.
This could also be used for long distance, but i'm thinking very short distance here (Making small "bridges" to jump over a wire with the same color).

This way you don't have to seperatly add a receiver and transmitter items which would require the user to input a unique ID to link them.

I really think this would be the best way to improve wiring.

Also, add logic gates please :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1440197747,1440197454][/DOUBLEPOST]
Turrets of some sort that activate when they're hooked up to wires?

Maybe the turrent could also act as a chest which would allow players to insert different types of bullets (including homing) for the turret to shoot. It has to be able to have thousands of bullets in storage though, else it would be a pain to refill all the time. Would be fun if the turrent shoots for a shortwhile at every "tick" instead of just one bullet.

Last edited:
I was thinking a new activator, a laser!

I was thinking it'd come in 3 variations with 2 variations each, player activated, enemy activated, and anything activated with up/down and left/right models for each type.

The way it might work is if you cross the laser's path, it sends a signal to turn on whatever the laser is attached to. The laser might have a limited coverage of 50 tiles up and 50 tiles down.

A possible crafting recipe for each variation might be...

2 lens
5 wire
5 iron bars
2 torches

Oh, you know what we probably REALLY need? A new summoner item. Not just any summoner item. But a summon staff that summons skeletons. So we could have a small band of skeletal minions.

Also, Antlion Charger/Swarmer minion/mount.

But srsly, Skeleton Staff. I'd totally dig a small band/army of skeletons. I don't even care if it's pre-hardmode. Because then we could have our band of skellies fight the gobby invasion.

Heck, how'sabout a Goblin Staff? Then you could have a staff of goblins.

Oh, you know what we probably REALLY need? A new summoner item. Not just any summoner item. But a summon staff that summons skeletons. So we could have a small band of skeletal minions.

Also, Antlion Charger/Swarmer minion/mount.

But srsly, Skeleton Staff. I'd totally dig a small band/army of skeletons. I don't even care if it's pre-hardmode. Because then we could have our band of skellies fight the gobby invasion.

Heck, how'sabout a Goblin Staff? Then you could have a staff of goblins.

This is not related to wires in the slightest.

I have played over 3000 hours but thats on modded and other types of terrria

Attachments

• Captureffff.PNG
    Captureffff.PNG
    31.3 KB · Views: 136
If it hasn't already bin suggested already I will say that wireless/remote linked wires would be very nice. Stringing wire from one end of the map is beyond tedious. And being able to place something on the wire and link it remotely to another wire on the other side of the map would make some things so much easier in fact it would make those things actually possible without requiring more patients than god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom