Journey Mode - Features as Rewards

Thirteen1355

Terrarian
Hey everyone,
I am playing through Terraria with my friend, and I urged him to start a Journey Mode character/world, thinking that eventually, we might be able to integrate the features provided in this mode into our playthrough in a natural fashion.

By now we are somewhat further into the game, and we now feel it's time to evaluate in what way we could "reward" ourselves with the various options Journey Mode provides us with.

Basically, we would like to give ourselves these options upon achieving certain in-game goals. It would be fun if others can think of some milestones that can be accompanied with the unlocking of the Journey options, like Duplication.

Obviously, these rewards would only be given at very large, endgame moments. It would also be really fun to think of which Journey option fits which achievement best in-universe (for example, being able to research/duplicate when doing something related to technology-related items or NPCs).

It would be really cool if together, we all could make these optional features part of the actual game's progression system. So please give us your ideas/thoughts!

Then what about the people that just want to use it as a creative mode?

Extra options that are different than what we have, maybe. But I just dont like this. Journey mode is meant to be easy on players

Then what about the people that just want to use it as a creative mode?

Extra options that are different than what we have, maybe. But I just dont like this. Journey mode is meant to be easy on players

Journey Mode isn't meant to be simply an "easy mode," it's meant to make your adventures more customisable. If you wish, you could make it easier. If you wish, you could try and naturally implement said options in a made-up reward system. This isn't a suggestion thread, yeah. It's just a little idea of mine.

Speaking of difficulty, I'd also like to switch from Normal to Expert at some point in the game, and I wonder if there's some point where I could make that seem most natural.

Journey Mode isn't meant to be simply an "easy mode," it's meant to make your adventures more customisable. If you wish, you could make it easier. If you wish, you could try and naturally implement said options in a made-up reward system. This isn't a suggestion thread, yeah. It's just a little idea of mine.

Speaking of difficulty, I'd also like to switch from Normal to Expert at some point in the game, and I wonder if there's some point where I could make that seem most natural.
Hardmode. Switch to expert at the beginning of Hardmode.

Switch to expert whenever you feel ready. It’s honestly worth it at all points of the game as most expert items are incredibly powerful. The Eye of Cthulhu one in particular is a shining example of that.

Back
Top Bottom