Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled31_20200315014509.png
Untitled31_20200315014316.png
Basically its just a dome on your chest that has a lil slime guy who just kind of looks at you. plus there's also slime in other parts of the armor/ vanity set and when you move the slime moves as well and the smiles face would change based on what happens, like you get hit the slime is like sad ;( . if wanted you could put different creatures in it too. thatd be cool.

To pay homage to Terraria's original player sprite while adding a head cosmetic that obscures the face, here's a simple black mage! (Running title: Night Magician? Dark Mage? Some variation like that, heh.) I love the pieces of armor like the cultist hoods and spectre hood, but none of them keep the player's more vertical shaped eye, so this'd help fill that role while also adding onto the game reference vanities.
BlonkMageSubmission.png

Last edited:
3894FEED-7593-4902-A71A-2F257DF32353.jpeg
This is Blackout. And armor set from the solar eclipse. It’s supposed to be Mothra crafted from the items dropped from the monsters in the solar eclipse. Also it will fit with the wings Mothra drops. I was going to do another character but I’m using him for another game I’m making. I didn’t want to give him to you. No offense. Enjoy! :D

I dont know if this is too complicated but i tried sticking to something that really captured terraria quite literally. I love this game to death and seeing the cool dyes you guys added in patches why not add some cool reactable outfits? I dont know whats possible but never hurts to try!

This is my first post but ive been playing since the full 1.0 release. Love what you guys have done with the game and look forward to your future projects. With love, joedun
TERRAIRAJOEDUN.png

Eye of Crimthulu Set

Head
: Eye of Crimthulu
Tooltip: Crimthulu's Eye.

Body: Crimthulu Servant Armor
Tooltip: Made from crimtane bars and the scales of Crimthulu.

Legs: Crimthulu Servant Leggings
Tooltip: Made from crimtane bars and the fur of Crimthulu.

It is based off of the Eye of Cthulu boss and the Crimson. All art by me.
2020-03-16_15.51.05.png
2020-03-16_14.15.37.png
2020-03-16_14.15.45.png
2020-03-16_14.16.04.png

The explosive set. Makes an explosion from an explosive weapon have a higher blast radius and/or makes them do more damage.
terraria submission.png

King Gnu:
Head: Gnu Head with a crown
Body is hidden with its red cape, and a guitar is hanging from its neck
Long pants

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
bird.png

The Snowbird set

head includes:
goggles
white head
beak
Plume
Torso:
Coat with some nice fur and pockets :))
Legs:
Tail
pants
fur boots (boots lined with fur?)

i have much better programs than paint but i like the simplicity of it
anyway I think it's cute! good luck to everyone else submitting their stuff

So, here is a suggestion for the vanity addition.
*apologies for the notes on the sketch. due to them being possibly unreadable, I have them typed below*
The two possible names:
The Impactful Creation or the Historian Set: "a costume made up of bits and pieces of a game's adventure"
The 4th Wall Breaker Set: "a vanity of relics of the past, wonder who knows what importance they have."
Idea: A vanity set which includes a bit of the history of Terraria's development

*1.0*​

The hat/mask of the vanity set
+ Rough description: Includes goggles tilted up to "hold" back the hair. At the end of the goggles is a heart pin. The character holds a bone in their mouth. Has brown hair with a purple highlight.
+ "Hat's" feature meanings:
- Goggles: Being one addition to the game during it's official release. It thought it would be nice to have them a part of this set, pointing them out for being from the official release all the way to the end.
- Heart Pin: On it's release, monsters were given hearts which would drop when killed.
- The Bone: I know, a bit weird, yet this game has it's little quirks. As for the meaning of it, besides them being added to the game in this version, is that the developers had made a structural beginning to Terraria.
- The purple highlight in the hair: Although dying of hair wasn't introduced in the beginning, the corruption was during this release.

*1.1 - 1.2*​

The Chest piece (middle/shirt section) of the vanity set
+ Rough description: Wears a dark, shady red jacket with a small pixel design of a pixie or one of the npcs on the left or right of the design. Under the jacket is a black shirt with the eye of Cthulhu printed in the center.
+ Chest/shirt feature meanings:
- Jacket: The dark red of the jacket is for the addition of the crimson biome. While, the small pixel image of the pixie represents the hallow being added... a long with the inclusion of a new mode: Hard mode. If the npc pixel image is used, it would represent the massive introduction of new npcs into the game.
- Shirt: The shirt helps to show the introduction of bosses into the game, with the eye of Cthulhu being one of them

*1.3 - 1.3.5*​

The Pants of the vanity set
+ Rough Description: Has white shorts, blue checkered long socks with yellow detail at the button.
+ Pants meanings:
- These updates were improvements to the game, a lot of stuff was added through these versions but overall it was focused on improving the world that we play in. So, I focused on the weather additions and inclusion of new enemies to the desert and the snow biome. The white shorts represents the snow biome, the yellow shows the desert, while the blue checkers is the sky. Didn't want to throw in too much detail, just wanted to keep it simple.

Each of these would work nice with a little description, hinting at the update it represents.

As for the update that is coming out, 1.4 Journey's End, I actually tried to include something in the outfit. But, there is no room for "more" in this outfit without pushing it in.
There were attempts and ideas, yet most didn't seem possible or weren't possible.

Here is the concept to the outfit:
IMG_20200316_133438972.jpg

*Here are some attempted pixel animations of the set*
(Emphasizing on attempted)

Male Version:
GIF_of_Full_Vanity_Player_Male.gif

Female Version:
GIF_of_Full_Vanity_Player_Female.gif

Good luck everyone, hope to see even more amazing creations being submitted.
Can't wait to see what the 1.4 has in store for us, and who takes the bone... I mean, the victory to this contest.

P.S. Sorry if someone had the exact idea, tried my best to look through the pain staking amount of posts to see what everyone had done so far

This is NecroWisp Armor. An armor made from the depth of the unknown parts of the dungeon. NecroWisp armor will have buff of two glowing wisp, similar to the Wisp in the bottle, but one melee attacks while the other one gives a small sheild against projectiles. NecroWisp armor is made from a new bar called Dungeon Bar as well as cobwebs like the regular necro armor. The bars are made from ectoplasm, bones, and chorophyte bar. Don't care how much to make it, or where to craft it but it will be nice to see how creative you guys can be. I though this could be a cool way for armor because how you are adding a secret to the dungeon in the Journey's End update. It would really nice to see this armor be in the game as well as others who were chosen.
Screenshot_20200316-150733_Gallery.jpg
20200316_125331.jpg

So i made this in paint, it took me about an hour and a half.
And yes my character looks really wierd.
The gray things on the hands and legs etc are spikes.

Attachments

• Slime Amor Terraria Contest Alex40119.png
    Slime Amor Terraria Contest Alex40119.png
    11 KB · Views: 135
Here's my entry!

I love plants and have my own little garden, so for my set piece I chose to do a Wood Sprite. I hope you guys like it, Its in a different style than usual as I didnt want to put 100 years into shading and such, so this time I just used a selection tool to select my shadows and painted them in.

Ill also be posting a couple of my sketches and stuff from when I was making the concept.

The sprite I posted isn't a sprite, I suck at making sprites so I just did a rough pixely drawing around the same size as a terraria sprite but its not accurate.

I look forward to seeing evertything people create!

So a little bit about my set:

The set is compromised of 3 components the Wood Sprite Mask, Wood Sprite Chest, and Wood Sprite Leggings.

The head includes the mask, top of the cloak/mantle, and the horns.
The chest includes the mantle, arms, and bark pieces.
The legs would just be the other bark pieces and the boots.

I tried to make the mask kinda similar to a skull in the fact that the bark kinda makes the shape of a cheekbone and the teeth.
I also tried to give the mantle a mossy texture which im quite proud of actually. It has a smooth texture on the inside, and a mossy texture on the outside.

Overall, I had a TON of fun making this and Im glad we were given this oportunity!

WoodSprite.png
image0.jpgimage0.jpgWoodSpritePixel2.pngEdit: I tried my hand at pixel art, I hope it looks okay!

Last edited:
I call this the Explorer's set. I'm not sure if the name was already used or not, but here's what I've got going on:

The Explorer's Goggles sit up above the eyes, and keep the hair visible, regardless of armor. Much like the regular goggles except brown frame and positioned differently.

The Explorer's Outfit features a jacket, undershirt, bandanna, treasure bag, and bandaged hands. There is no leg item.

unknown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom