One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye Ocram and im gonna buy the sparkly wings
7.jpg

nooooooooooooooo sharanga is getting removed, but i want to try the hellwing bat, but wow alot of exclusive items are getting remove but thats a good think (i think)

They will be cool. It'll be nice when nobody uses red's wings anymore
Yup. I joined a terraria club on xbox live and at least 75% of posts are asking for reds wings or all items world's. It just seems like people can't be bothered to do it properly. A mate of mine was given a copy on ps3, the bloke who gave it to him said 'here, have some stuff to get started' and gave him a full set of end game gear. He never played the game properly coz he said it ruined it for him.

Sorry. That was a bit of a ramble.

TL: DR. My point is that I hope with the introduction of Dev sets, that the amount of annoying posts on xbox live will drop dramatically.

Sorry if this has been already adressed, but I'm not going to read 27 pages...

Are there any plans whatsoever about updating the 3ds version of terraria to take advantage of the "new" version of the 3ds with increased processing power?
Or is what we have now as good as it's going to get?

All I've heard since the last time this was asked was "we'll see".

Sorry if this has been already adressed, but I'm not going to read 27 pages...

Are there any plans whatsoever about updating the 3ds version of terraria to take advantage of the "new" version of the 3ds with increased processing power?
Or is what we have now as good as it's going to get?

All I've heard since the last time this was asked was "we'll see".
No, there are not. The new 3DS has already been updated to take advantage of what power they could. They increased the world sizes. That's as much as the system can handle sadly.

Well... I am late to the party (very late) but If I may have my word on this.

As a PC player primarily with some time spent on console, why not just... well merge them. Bring Ocram and all that lovely content to the PC as well. One Terraria does not have to mean One Terraria "Completely based on PC" version it could be Terraria "Everyone is Happy because all the content is on all the platforms" version. I mean while Ocram was not the best designed boss(In terms of mechanics, loved his visual design) in the game I did still enjoy fighting him... not to mention that one day while I was playing with friends I thought; right with all the mechanicals down we can take down Ocram, only to catch myself out and say "Hang on this is PC, silly me!" which at the time made me have PTSD of the initial 1.2 console release, but lets not speak of that...

To put it simply, just bring it all together. While yes PC might be ahead in terms of patch release I feel that console do still deserve their share of some form of nostalgia, whether it is a bad release or just a nifty boss exclusive to them.

Please consider.

Well... I am late to the party (very late) but If I may have my word on this.

As a PC player primarily with some time spent on console, why not just... well merge them. Bring Ocram and all that lovely content to the PC as well. One Terraria does not have to mean One Terraria "Completely based on PC" version it could be Terraria "Everyone is Happy because all the content is on all the platforms" version. I mean while Ocram was not the best designed boss(In terms of mechanics, loved his visual design) in the game I did still enjoy fighting him... not to mention that one day while I was playing with friends I thought; right with all the mechanicals down we can take down Ocram, only to catch myself out and say "Hang on this is PC, silly me!" which at the time made me have PTSD of the initial 1.2 console release, but lets not speak of that...

To put it simply, just bring it all together. While yes PC might be ahead in terms of patch release I feel that console do still deserve their share of some form of nostalgia, whether it is a bad release or just a nifty boss exclusive to them.

Please consider.
They've already said they will consider it, just later down the road. Right now asking to program him in would be a lot more work for both PC and console. They are doing a complete rebuild of the PC 1.3.0.1 code for consoles instead of keeping the current console engine. It's not just a matter of wanting to remove him, it's a matter of he's not in the code to begin with.

There's also the matter of ReLogic looked at the current console exclusives and decided they just aren't good enough for their standards. There's a chance we will get Ocram and friends back later on, but not as the lazy efforts they are now.

I can assure you, if time/ease was the obstacle, it wouldn't be a problem. Its a matter of these elements not fitting our vision of the game or conforming to our standards. If anything, the easiest solution is to just leave them in. So that doesn't really hold up too much. Its also why the ones which potentially fit, but don't match our standards, are being tabled for further investigation! ;)

Think about it; if we were looking for the easy way out, why would we have a company completely recode the Console version of the game from scratch to improve the quality of the game, when we already had a functioning version of the game present on Console? We could have just kept riding that option, but that's not how we roll. :D
Firstly I'm sorry i worded that in such a bad way. What I should of said and what you did was "Its also why the ones which potentially fit, but don't match your standards" I was simple being lazy by saying easy. If will show a post(if I can find it) after this that explains my abrupt answer.I am sorry if I offended anyone by stating why I did.

Last edited:
Sorry but your reasoning here is inaccurate. For the 1.3 update they've completely rebuilt console Terraria using PC 1.3 as the base. So it would actually take more time to add in the console exclusives rather than simply leave them out.
Before I start Nike Leon I don't mean to bring you in on this;this is the reply I was talking about

Got confirmation and permission to share that the 4 Console tracks will be remaining in Console. Tutorial will remain where it is in the Tutorial. The Space and Ocean themes will be "alternating" with the normal PC track, the same way Surface Daytime and Underground have alternating tracks.

Wanted to get it all cleared up and confirmed before I responded to this one, didn't want to jump the gun. :)

Group ping for most of the interested parties (sorry if I missed anyone who asked about this, its a long thread)
@Techdude594 @MegaMage314 @Torque @thediploge @Bearfax @TheGreenTruffle @demvic1 @E-cat420

Firstly I'm sorry i worded that in such a bad way. What I should of said and what you did was "Its also why the ones which potentially fit, but don't match your standards" I was simple being lazy by saying easy. If will show a post(if I can find it) after this that explains my abrupt answer.I am sorry if I offended anyone by stating why I did.
I think that part is more a matter of focus. The devs can and probably will rework some console exclusives to fit it the game, but for now it's likely that they're leaving them out so that they can put all their time and effort into finishing the update as soon as possible.

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, there aren't many armours that function like Dragon Armor did. Melee speed is a very useful stat, but it's usually only accessories that increase/decrease it. It worked well with the Terra Blade because, with its autoswing mechanic, it would not do much damage besides 105ish, but the damage would stack, and if you had flasks, you could chop apart bosses like mincemeat. I know 1.3 makes this much easier, but the console exclusive items always had a use, if you just tried them out in ways they weren't intended. Even the Titan Armour was useful not for damage, but for bullet consumption. It even worked with the Coin Gun.
huh, pretty smart. Never thought of using them like that.
[doublepost=1505842375,1505841898][/doublepost]
I wouldn't be concerned, history has shown that the console and mobile editions are secondary in the eyes of the devs. Pc needs will most likely continue to be first in their eyes.
Isn't the whole "One Terraria" supposed to remove that gap?

once the mechanical lens gets added to whatever version you play on you can see every trap on-screen without switching items
[doublepost=1505693185,1505692988][/doublepost]
the removal of console exclusives could mean that tmodloader mods with every console exclusive item and enemy will be allowed;
Good point.

They will be cool. It'll be nice when nobody uses red's wings anymore
i told my friends they will get corrupted if they hack reds wings in.but they got mad and said:YOU ARE SUCH A NOOB GAWD GO BACK TO MINECRAFT
(that actually happened and I blocked them:D)

Got confirmation and permission to share that the 4 Console tracks will be remaining in Console. Tutorial will remain where it is in the Tutorial. The Space and Ocean themes will be "alternating" with the normal PC track, the same way Surface Daytime and Underground have alternating tracks.

Wanted to get it all cleared up and confirmed before I responded to this one, didn't want to jump the gun. :)

Group ping for most of the interested parties (sorry if I missed anyone who asked about this, its a long thread)
@Techdude594 @MegaMage314 @Torque @thediploge @Bearfax @TheGreenTruffle @demvic1 @E-cat420
Now this is what I was hoping to hear. I actually really liked the Console music tracks, but it was also missing out on some of the PC ones. I love that they're handling it like this, I hope they do this in PC too by bringing the Console music in,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom