1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Tool Terrafirma - Interactive Mapping

Discussion in 'Released' started by mrkite77, Jun 9, 2016.

1. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

Moving this over here since the old forums are shutting down...

Terrafirma is the original mapping program for Terraria. The first version was released May 23rd, 2011. (Terraria was released May 16th, 2011).

View your world, search for blocks, search for chests containing a specific item. View your kill counts so you can plan your banner collection.
    Works in Windows, OSX, and Linux.

[​IMG]

Download it here:
    http://seancode.com/terrafirma/

Version 3.0.10 changes:
    • Updated for 1.3.2
    • Added filters for the chest and block dialogs (thanks!)
    • Fixed a bug where chests were cached when you changed maps.

Version 3.0.9 changes:
    • Updated for 1.3.1.1

Source code:
    https://github.com/mrkite/TerraFirma

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I also have a couple of unix command-line utilities that some people might find helpful (with full source).

xnb2png - converts a directory full of xnb image files into pngs.

xnb2shader - disassembles an xnb pixel shader into a text file. Helpful for figuring out exactly how the dyes and paints work.

Tabi, Jofairden and Jeckel like this.
  3. Jofairden

Jofairden Golem

I'm trying to get it to work with Cygwin, but it doesn't... you know of any tutorials for Windows? A shame I have to ask, to say the least.
    edit: well :red: me, it didn't install gcc by default... forget about my post lol

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Tabi likes this.
  4. Mortisoul

Mortisoul Terrarian

I have a question. It says in 3.0.5 you added remote world support, how do I access this functionality?

Tabi likes this.
  5. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

It was removed. The anti-spam protection caused it to stop working (it would connect to a server like a regular player and then teleport around to generate the map.. servers didn't like that)

Tabi likes this.
  6. Mortisoul

Mortisoul Terrarian

thank you sir, I was afraid it was something like that. I hadn't realized the game got anti-spam protection like that. Although I wonder if the teleporting was done slower if it would still work.

Tabi likes this.
  7. Proxiehunter

Proxiehunter Terrarian

Trying to install the linux version I'm getting an error "Dependency is not satisfiable libqt5core5a (>=5.4.0)"

Running Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa. Any help getting this working would be appreciated.

Tabi likes this.
  8. ManaUser

ManaUser Brain of Cthulhu

Very nice. I've never used this tool before. I just used it to check if two treasures I'm missing (lava charm and anklet of the wind) are in this world... It would feel like cheating to check exactly where they are, but I was pleased to see they do exist.

Tabi likes this.
  9. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

You might be better off just compiling it from source, since the deb is setup using ubuntu's dependencies. You should be able to just run "qmake; make;" and have it work. Assuming you have Qt5.4 or newer.

Tabi likes this.
  10. Mirror B_i

Mirror B_i Terrarian

Is this compatable with mods? such as the thorium and Tremur mods?

Tabi likes this.
  11. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

No, it's not compatible with any mods that add new blocks or items.

Tabi likes this.
  12. Mirror B_i

Mirror B_i Terrarian

Ahh, okay. thanks anyways.

Tabi likes this.
  13. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

Updated for 1.3.2

Linux and OSX binaries will be released tomorrow.

Tabi, Tunnel King and Jeckel like this.
  14. ManaUser

ManaUser Brain of Cthulhu

Dang, you're fast. :)

Tabi likes this.
  15. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

This time it's all thanks to Enigmaquip. I didn't even realize Terraria updated until he sent me a Pull Request with the updated tile definitions.

Tabi likes this.
  16. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

Okay, Linux and OSX binaries are up.

Tabi likes this.
  17. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just in time for the hotfix. (might not cause any issues for TerraFirma, though)

Tabi likes this.
  18. enigmaquip

enigmaquip Terrarian

every version change is a change in world file version.... so it does require a quick modification

Tabi likes this.
  19. mrkite77

mrkite77 Terrarian

Sigh. Okay.. 3.0.11 is out for all platforms. Works with the hotfix. Thanks enigmaquip for the PR.

Tabi likes this.
  20. manoftron

manoftron Terrarian

So if your world has blacks from mods, will they show as unknown or will the map even load at all?

Tabi likes this.