Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, it's from the boss fight that leads UP to the moon lord, and therefore is the highest tier bow
"Highest Tier Bow" isn't a title that matters. And given the strength of Frost/Fishron items it could be possible they are in a similiar range as Pillars in tiering.

the nebula arcanum is useless, it's DPS is tiny, and your statement about hte lower tier dps gets negated when you look at the last prism, even with the -50% damage debuff you have around 8k DPS at least, it's insanity

Don't know why everyone hates Nebula Arcanum so much. For me it was a great help against the other towers (better than Razorblade Typhoon and Nebula Blaze). My theory is that most people fail in continously launching those little galaxy like things, because if you have a (something) Cuffs and Spectre Heal they can do at least 2k of DPS(No magic damage bonus from accessories).

Pillar tier and Moon Lord tier are two different things. Things from the Moon Lord/Lumanite are noticeably better than Pillar weapons.
not in my opinion, same series of boss fights
"Highest Tier Bow" isn't a title that matters. And given the strength of Frost/Fishron items it could be possible they are in a similiar range as Pillars in tiering.
frost moon items are OP in general, admit that, razorblade typhon is also amazing for consistant DPS, the nebula blaze for the moon lord boss fight also outclasses the razorblade when attacking the core, by alot, sure, maybe they did nerf the phantasm too much, but i will say that i never used it for the moon lord as i was going full out mage in melee armor before i got the nebula set

frost moon items are OP in general, admit that, razorblade typhon is also amazing for consistant DPS, the nebula blaze for the moon lord boss fight also outclasses the razorblade when attacking the core, by alot, sure, maybe they did nerf the phantasm too much, but i will say that i never used it for the moon lord as i was going full out mage in melee armor before i got the nebula set

I never used it for Moon Lord either. I've only fought him as Summoner in Tiki, then Stardust. And as a Mage in Nebula.

But, Pillar and Moon Lord are most definitely separate tiers. The weapons are on entirely different levels.

I never used it for Moon Lord either. I've only fought him as Summoner in Tiki, then Stardust. And as a Mage in Nebula.

But, Pillar and Moon Lord are most definitely separate tiers. The weapons are on entirely different levels.
only some of the items, i know plenty that can outclass in melee the terrarian, but it IS the highest tier yo-yo

Don't know why everyone hates Nebula Arcanum so much. For me it was a great help against the other towers (better than Razorblade Typhoon and Nebula Blaze). My theory is that most people fail in continously launching those little galaxy like things, because if you have a (something) Cuffs and Spectre Heal they can do at least 2k of DPS(No magic damage bonus from accessories).

The thing is, their velocity is painfully slow.

No offence, but your opinion is much less important that fact. The fact is they are different tiers and, like I said, their DPS differences are VERY noticable, and you can't use Moon Lord items against Moon Lord the first (and most important) time.

It is true that the Phantasm is lower tier than S.D.M.G. and hence should be weaker, but a high tier ammo like Lumanite Arrows should bring it up to an equivalent level. That is the beauty of the Ranged class. Both weapn AND ammo influence damage. However, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT HAS TO BE WEAKER THAN TSUNAMI.

The thing is, their velocity is painfully slow.

No offence, but your opinion is much less important that fact. The fact is they are different tiers and, like I said, their DPS differences are VERY noticable, and you can't use Moon Lord items against Moon Lord the first (and most important) time.

It is true that the Phantasm is lower tier than S.D.M.G. and hence should be weaker, but a high tier ammo like Lumanite Arrows should bring it up to an equivalent level. That is the beauty of the Ranged class. Both weapn AND ammo influence damage. However, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT HAS TO BE WEAKER THAN TSUNAMI.
the phantasm also is better if you're not testing it on dummies, as they don't let the extra arrow go, infact, they do the SAME dps someone tested earlier in the thread, so idk why you are saying it's weaker, infact it does MORE as the tsunami was tested on dummies and the phantasm on the twins

Ok, someone explain to me what I am looking at, because I just roughly tested the DPS of these weapons against The Twins and I am dumbfounded:
(These are REALLY rough experiments but these numbers should give you a general idea)

Magic:

Razorblade Typhoon: ~1300
Nebula Blaze: ~1650
Nebula Arcanum: ~3500

The Razorblade Typhoon is a bit overhyped. Both the pillar weapons out-damage it. The Nebula Arcanum does a TON of DPS, but is literally worthless against moving targets.

You failed to test the Razorblade Typhoon in an environment with multiple targets hit by a single projectile. Pretty much any time the RT can hit multiple things, it clobbers the Nebula Blaze in the DPS race.
The Nebula Arcanum is definitely too slow, yes. I like hitting things with my attacks.
It's a real shame that the Nebula weapons are generally outdone by the Razorblade (which is also vastly more mana efficient). They look much cooler (both the items and the projectiles).

You failed to test the Razorblade Typhoon in an environment with multiple targets hit by a single projectile. Pretty much any time the RT can hit multiple things, it clobbers the Nebula Blaze in the DPS race.
The Nebula Arcanum is definitely too slow, yes. I like hitting things with my attacks.
It's a real shame that the Nebula weapons are generally outdone by the Razorblade (which is also vastly more mana efficient). They look much cooler (both the items and the projectiles).

That wasn't the point of this test. The point was testing Single target DPS.

the phantasm also is better if you're not testing it on dummies, as they don't let the extra arrow go, infact, they do the SAME dps someone tested earlier in the thread, so idk why you are saying it's weaker, infact it does MORE as the tsunami was tested on dummies and the phantasm on the twins

This wasn't tested on dummies, it was tested on the twins. I don't know why my test yielded different results. There were no differences in the 2 scenarios.

This wasn't tested on dummies, it was tested on the twins. I don't know why my test yielded different results. There were no differences in the 2 scenarios.
I'm actually rather excited - The Moon Lord is slowly becoming an actual lord as the patches come through.

Did a quick DPS test to see if the claims were true about the Tsunami being stronger than the Phantasm.

Keep in mind this was against a dummy for the Tsunami with Luminite Arrows, while the Phantasm with Luminite Arrows was used against the Twins for a constant stream of DPS (and only to focus on one eye at a time). I used every buff potion available, with a full lucky set, a Vortex set, and the following accessories on an expert world:

-Solar Wings
-Ankh Shield
-Celestial Stone
-Destroyer Emblem
-Sniper Scope
-Worm Scarf

My grand total critical hit chance was 90% for both weapons, so results may vary. This was tested over a 10 second period.

Tsunami:
gSM7SRW.png

Phantasm:
Av1vai2.png

Notes: Although the numbers are neither stable nor concrete, damage for the Tsunami ranged from 7,000-8,000 DPS, while damage for the Phantasm also ranged from 7,000-8,000 DPS. Tsunami shoots 5 arrows, while Phantasm shoots 4, with "phantom" arrows if you land your hits.

I personally don't mind the Phantasm nerf at all, I didn't use it much. Although, I will say it doesn't make sense to hit it *too* hard with the nerf bat. Just a thought.
this is the test that terrasyn did, most accurate to a real battle set you can get in battle, ergo the DPS was the closest possible between the two with the phantasm in this case doing slightly more, but with the ranges doing similar damage

ok i'm going to say 2 completly off topic things(the 2nd is just to see what will poeple say):

1) can someone tell me why EVERY time i defeat the Lunatic Cultist the Nebula Pillar spawn in the extreme opposite side of the Dungeon. Is it a bug? Something supposed? Or just a coincidence?

2) Star Wrath is way better than the Terrarian! (in wide open areas of course)

ok i'm going to say 2 completly off topic things(the 2nd is just to see what will poeple say):

1) can someone tell me why EVERY time i defeat the Lunatic Cultist the Nebula Pillar spawn in the extreme opposite side of the Dungeon. Is it a bug? Something supposed? Or just a coincidence?

2) Star Wrath is way better than the Terrarian! (in wide open areas of course)
it's luck, i've had the pillars be in spots 50 tiles off from normal! and be in random orders!

this is the test that terrasyn did, most accurate to a real battle set you can get in battle, ergo the DPS was the closest possible between the two with the phantasm in this case doing slightly more, but with the ranges doing similar damage

OH I SEE WHY OUR TESTS ARE DIFFERENT NOW! He used Lumanite arrows, which pierce. When an enemy is hit with a piercing weapon they have a small period if invincibility. This makes the Tsunami hit only 4 arrows instead of 5. For some reason the Phantasm isn't affected by this, making the Phantasm more efficient with Lumanite arrows. The Tsunami should have 25% more DPS than what is stated by his test.

Testing the Razorblade Typhoon for single target damage and then saying it's overhyped doesn't really make sense. Reminds me of "If you test a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's dumb." Or however that goes.

Testing the Razorblade Typhoon for single target damage and then saying it's overhyped doesn't really make sense. Reminds me of "If you test a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's dumb." Or however that goes.

I was mostly testing for effectiveness against something like the Moon Lord, as you will be attacking one thing at a time. The Razorblades tend to stay one one target until it's dead anyway.

I was mostly testing for effectiveness against something like the Moon Lord, as you will be attacking one thing at a time. The Razorblades tend to stay one one target until it's dead anyway.
That makes more sense then.

Yeah, but in multitarget situations it causes a lot of collateral damage to mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom