Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

would like to report a bug that my character is not moving nor opening inventory while in-game
Here the modlist:
[
"AlchemistNPC",
"Antisocial",
"AutoTrash",
"BossChecklist",
"CalamityMod",
"CrystiliumMod",
"ElementsAwoken",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"Fargowiltas",
"Galium",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HeroSickle",
"imkSushisMod",
"imkSushisModOldRecipesEnabler",
"Infinity",
"JoostMod",
"Lives",
"LootBags",
"Luiafk",
"MagicStorage",
"MorePotions",
"NoMoreTombs",
"Psycho",
"QwertysRandomContent",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ReforgeArmor",
"Rewards",
"SpiritMod",
"StopDying",
"TheLunatic",
"ThoriumMod",
"UniversalCraft",
"VeinMiner",
"WeaponOut",
"WMITF",
"Wormholes",
"Yoyos2",
"ZLegendarys",
"WorldGenPreviewer"
]

would like to report a bug that my character is not moving nor opening inventory while in-game
Here the modlist:
[
"AlchemistNPC",
"Antisocial",
"AutoTrash",
"BossChecklist",
"CalamityMod",
"CrystiliumMod",
"ElementsAwoken",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"Fargowiltas",
"Galium",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HeroSickle",
"imkSushisMod",
"imkSushisModOldRecipesEnabler",
"Infinity",
"JoostMod",
"Lives",
"LootBags",
"Luiafk",
"MagicStorage",
"MorePotions",
"NoMoreTombs",
"Psycho",
"QwertysRandomContent",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ReforgeArmor",
"Rewards",
"SpiritMod",
"StopDying",
"TheLunatic",
"ThoriumMod",
"UniversalCraft",
"VeinMiner",
"WeaponOut",
"WMITF",
"Wormholes",
"Yoyos2",
"ZLegendarys",
"WorldGenPreviewer"
]
By any chance, do you have sound on your computer. Added on that, are you in snow biome during rain

So, are you guys planning on updating tmodloader once the new Terraria update hits, if it ever hits? Re-logic has been putting out more and more info like the town night music and all the new tracks. I'm kinda worried since the GOG version seems outdated, and I love using mods in this game.

So, are you guys planning on updating tmodloader once the new Terraria update hits, if it ever hits? Re-logic has been putting out more and more info like the town night music and all the new tracks. I'm kinda worried since the GOG version seems outdated, and I love using mods in this game.
Yes we will update, the GoG release won't. It's not official nor updated anymore.

Yes we will update, the GoG release won't. It's not official nor updated anymore.

That's unfortunate regarding the GOG version, but I am very thankful that the steam version will remain updated. Thank you very much, and I'd like to say I really enjoy your work. My 1000+ hours of Terraria wasn't just spent playing vanilla.

Can someone tell me how to make an accessory that makes ALL block items have a use time of 2.
I already know that global item files seam to always hate modplayers. I also already checked player field values.
Here is my current code, please fix:

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace QCM.Construction.Textures.Items
{
public class FastBuildTool : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.width = 24;
item.height = 28;
item.value = 10000;
item.rare = 2;
item.accessory = true;
}

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
QCMConstructionPlayer modPlayer = QCMConstructionPlayer.ModPlayer(player);
modPlayer.InstantBlock = true;
}
}
}
namespace QCM.Construction
{
public class QCMConstructionPlayer : ModPlayer
{
public static QCMConstructionPlayer ModPlayer(Player player)
{
return player.GetModPlayer<QCMConstructionPlayer>();
}

public bool InstantBlock = false;
}
public class QCMConstructionItem : GlobalItem
{
//bool InstantBlock = QCMConstructionPlayer.InstantBlock;
public override void SetDefaults(Item item)
{
/*Main.player
QCMConstructionPlayer modPlayer = QCMConstructionPlayer.ModPlayer(player);*/
if (item.createTile != -1/* && InstantBlock*/)
{
item.useTime = 2;
item.useAnimation = 2;
}
}
}
}

Can someone tell me how to make an accessory that makes ALL block items have a use time of 2.
I already know that global item files seam to always hate modplayers. I also already checked player field values.
Here is my current code, please fix:

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace QCM.Construction.Textures.Items
{
public class FastBuildTool : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.width = 24;
item.height = 28;
item.value = 10000;
item.rare = 2;
item.accessory = true;
}

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
QCMConstructionPlayer modPlayer = QCMConstructionPlayer.ModPlayer(player);
modPlayer.InstantBlock = true;
}
}
}
namespace QCM.Construction
{
public class QCMConstructionPlayer : ModPlayer
{
public static QCMConstructionPlayer ModPlayer(Player player)
{
return player.GetModPlayer<QCMConstructionPlayer>();
}

public bool InstantBlock = false;
}
public class QCMConstructionItem : GlobalItem
{
//bool InstantBlock = QCMConstructionPlayer.InstantBlock;
public override void SetDefaults(Item item)
{
/*Main.player
QCMConstructionPlayer modPlayer = QCMConstructionPlayer.ModPlayer(player);*/
if (item.createTile != -1/* && InstantBlock*/)
{
item.useTime = 2;
item.useAnimation = 2;
}
}
}
}
One thing you can try on your ModPlayer (bit hacky, but meh) is:
Code:
public override void PostUpdate()
{
    if(player.inventory[player.selectedItem].createTile >= 0)
    {
        if(player.itemTime > 2)
            player.itemTime = 2;
    }
}
Now, this will most likely screw up the animations and what not, but you can give it a go.

One thing you can try on your ModPlayer (bit hacky, but meh) is:
Code:
public override void PostUpdate()
{
    if(player.inventory[player.selectedItem].createTile >= 0)
    {
        if(player.itemTime > 2)
            player.itemTime = 2;
    }
}
Now, this will most likely screw up the animations and what not, but you can give it a go.
Thanks, it worked. It is rare I get help

please help me i get this error CS1002: ; expected in line (35,54) but i am sure that no ";" is missing here is the line that the error is about
public static EMMItem GetItemInfo(Item item) => item.GetGlobalItem<EMMItem>();
if you are wondering i am playing on a single player let's play but i am editing "even more modifiers" mod to what i need i won't publish it of course i made the modifiers work in accessory slot but i get this error and it is from an other file that i didn't even touch ( if u wanna know i just removed a "&& item.Vanity" or something like that from an other file and it didn't give an error or not yet)

please help me i get this error CS1002: ; expected in line (35,54) but i am sure that no ";" is missing here is the line that the error is about
public static EMMItem GetItemInfo(Item item) => item.GetGlobalItem<EMMItem>();
if you are wondering i am playing on a single player let's play but i am editing "even more modifiers" mod to what i need i won't publish it of course i made the modifiers work in accessory slot but i get this error and it is from an other file that i didn't even touch ( if u wanna know i just removed a "&& item.Vanity" or something like that from an other file and it didn't give an error or not yet)
You get this error by not compiling using c#6

9dfbb2e1c6824fad29a468fcefa43611.png

https://gyazo.com/9dfbb2e1c6824fad29a468fcefa43611
Do you know why this is happening?
if i could get help with that that would be great

Well dang, I must be very (un)lucky to finally reinstall this on my new computer after a while just to find out that the mod browser was down today. I was worried for a second that I was having some kind of "one hit wonder" problem that only happened to me because of black magic.

is there a way to change the folder that the mods are saved to?
Since it want to save mine to a 100% full drive?
idk but if I was to guess, it would be to re-install steam, then TModLoader onto the new drive. You might have to move files if you want to keep your data

idk but if I was to guess, it would be to re-install steam, then TModLoader onto the new drive. You might have to move files if you want to keep your data
Steam got a drive for itself with ~620 GB Free
but for some reason it choose a random drive i would have thought it would have the mods on my Boot Drive

is there a way to change the folder that the mods are saved to? Since it want to save mine to a 100% full drive?
There are supposedly (at least) 3 ways to do so. The first way is to launch tModLoader with the "-savedirectory" command-line launch parameter set to a directory, and the second way is to launch it with the "-tmlsavedirectory" command-line launch parameter set to a directory. The former will automatically have "/ModLoader" added to the end, while the latter won't. (See the "Command-Line" page of tModLoader's official mini-wiki for more information.)

If you launch tModLoader through Steam, you can do that if you right-click Terraria in your Steam library, choose "Properties" > "General" > "Set Launch Options...", and type something like -savedirectory "D:/Terraria" as the launch option. Then mods should supposedly download to D:\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods (and other save data should end up there too). Note that you'll then have to manually copy or move your save data from "Documents" > "My Games" > "Terraria" > "ModLoader" to whereever you specified if you wish to keep your save data.

However, I have experienced issues with that (specifically, after starting to host a server in-game (not sure about singleplayer), all mods and such seemed to start being loaded from the default location rather than where I specified). So if, and only if, the above doesn't work for you, there's a third thing that you can do. I do not recommend doing the following unless you are very desperate, as it will affect more than just Terraria and tModLoader. And if you decide to do this, I take no responsibility if something goes wrong (although it shouldn't).
Again, make sure that you try the above command-line launch parameters first! This option is more or less a last resort!

If you open File Explorer, right-click the "Documents" folder link on the left (in the "This PC" category), choose "Properties", and switch to the "Location" tab, you can choose a location for the "Documents" folder, which you can do to move it to a different drive if you want. When you change it, you should be asked about if you want to move all files from the old location to the new one. Choose yes. If you don't get asked about that, try moving the files manually. Terraria and tModLoader by default save data to a location within the "Documents" folder.

AGAIN please help i got banned on the discord server my name is TNTerrarian in discord i am sure i didn't break any rule please ask for the ban reason (i didn't get any reason) and tell me what is it i am really confused :/

AGAIN please help i got banned on the discord server my name is TNTerrarian in discord i am sure i didn't break any rule please ask for the ban reason (i didn't get any reason) and tell me what is it i am really confused :/
I don't know either, your posts must have been deleted as you were banned. I unbanned you, but read the #info channel to read the rules so this doesn't happen again.

hey thanks for unbanning me but i need help on an other thing does anyone knows how to force terraria to use more ram ? i mean i have 4 GB ram (3.85 free) terraria uses 1.5 and i want it to use at least 2 GB so i don't suffer lag while playing calamity mod is there a way to do it ?

Back
Top Bottom