tModLoader A Calamity Mod Pack Suggestion

Saki Zynkari

Terrarian
First off, this is my first ever post on anything that involves forums or of that sort. If I do something wrong in terms of forum posting please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP (couldn't find the general forum rules).

Hello! Me and a few friends have been playing this mod pack for a few weeks now. We have noticed it has a few bugs and I decided this is a good way to contribute to the modding community for Terraria.
The mod pack contains the following:
Auto-Trash (by jopojelly)
WIP Beyond the Forgotten Ages (by Hamboy39)
AlchemistNPC (by VVV101)
Calamity (by MountainDrew)
The Joost Mod (by Joost8910)
Portable Storage and The One Library (<==Required to run Portable Storage) (by Itorius)
Wildlife (by Graydee)
The Spirit Mod (by Yuyutsu)
Boss Checklist (by jopojelly)
Recipe Browser (by jopojelly)
Yet Another Boss Health Bar (by Flashkirby99)
Which Mod Is This From - WMITF (by goldenapple)
Crystilium (by Graydee)
Magic Storage (by blushiemagic)
Where's My Items (by jopojelly)
imkSushi's Mod (by imkSushi)
Thorium (by DivermanSam)
VeinMiner (by NanobotZ)
Elements Awoken (by ThatOneJuicyOrange_)
WeaponOut (by Flashkirby99)
SacredTools (by Dan Yami)
No More Tombs (found on tModLoader Mod Browser, can't find author)
The Luggage Mod (by jopojelly)
Mysterious Altars (by Graydee)
Fargo's Mutant Mod (by Fargowilta)
Even More Modifiers - Relaunch Beta (by Jofairden)
More Chest Loot (by Graydee)

A mod I use since it's client sided is Unleveled/Terraria Leveled RPG Mod (by gotest). You end up with lots of health, and seeing good old KH2 health bars are nice.

So far this pack has been very enjoyable despite minor aggravation from bugs, but once we found the work around for the bugs it was a no-biggy.
Balance wise, if you enable Death Mode from Calamity you'll have the challenge you're looking for. Of course, you can use all the other difficulty raisers too if you want to praise the sun.

Known Bugs and our Workarounds:
Magic Storage - The mod has a chunk issue when you place more than 10 basic storage's in a chunk. A chunk is roughly around 2 screen widths wide (at 1920 x 1080) and about 3-4 screen heights (from what I can tell). The work around to this is measuring out 3 screen widths from your base/home Magic Storage system starting from the last storage box (basically when the storage systems are just off-screen). You'll want to continue to do this throughout the map to prevent error's and crashes. When re-entering the world, you need to load all the chunks that the storage systems are in for them to be connected to the storage heart (need to this once though and everyone has to do it.) I recommend opening Blue Heart before Green Heart to prevent a crash, sometimes it's finiky.
Also, don't ever let the storage system get full. Weapons/Armor/Vanity/Accessories all count as 1 slot in the system. When grinding for materials, be sure to use Auto Trash for when you've gotten all the gear you need/want to prevent wasted storage and un-needed cleanup. When you get Tinkerer, I highly recommend setting up teleporters. However in the beginning you should only need 3 sets of storage (total 30, but in 3 different chunks). We don't use the upgraded storage containers for the sake of avoiding crashes and needing to fix it, so from there you're on your own. If having problems setting up, post and I'll see what I can do to help.

Portable Storage - In Multiplayer, you can have more than one Vaccum Bag and each has it's own instance of storage. In Singleplayer however they do not. I don't know if this is a bug/glitch but it's been pretty helpful in Multiplayer when farming. Also in Multiplayer, (for simplicity we're gonna use VB1 and VB2 for Vaccum Bag names) if you have VB1's interface open, drop VB1 from your inventory, and pick it up with VB2, all items in VB1 disappear, but the interface becomes permanent and un-closeable until you restart the game, but the items in that interface will be there. This creates another vaccum bag instance though. If you re-open VB1, it'll be empty and another interface will open. You can use this method though to clean unwanted materials easily if you simply close VB1's interface before picking it up with VB2, preventing a permanent, un-closeable interface.
Do NOT right-click treasure bag's in the vaccum bag. You won't get any of the loot, and the bag disappears.
Picking up a modded weapon/armor/accessory with a Vaccum Bag will erase the modifiers on it. Candies from Halloween/Pumpkin background become items in the Vaccum Bag. Either turn the bags off when in these backgrounds or put them in the auto trash.
Booster's from the Nebula set also become items in the Vaccum Bag. At this point, either you want storage or you want buffs, up to you. The boosters can be placed in Auto Trash if you pick them up as items.

VeinMiner - Haven't found a bug, but highly recommend either limiting the block destruction limit, or ensuring your friends that they don't grief the server with multi VeinMines. Server becomes very laggy until they are finished.

Even More Modifiers - There's a bug where you can't modify Armor pieces for some players. If a player can't modify their armor, then that's it. There isn't a fix for it. Even reinstalling everything doesn't work. This is basically RNG.

Fargo's Mutant Mod - Unsure if this is a bug (I doubt it), but when using an overloaded boss, only the last 10 bosses will drop their loot bags and drop specific items. One overloaded boss is equal to 10 bosses. If you were to use more than one, you do get all of the loots bags for all the bosses you kill, they only drop on the last 10 though, when the purple text says they've been defeated. However, the only time I recommend using more than one of these at a time is on Plantera when you can easily kill it. You're going to need loooooots of chlorophyte.

Mods we had but removed:
Split Mod and Antiaris - Antiaris adds in a ton of essences, and most of them only go up to 99. With Magic Storage, this became a nuisance and waste of space. It wasn't vital for the end game stuff so we removed it. Split Mod bosses are bugged in multiplayer and also wasn't vital, so we removed it.

For Hoster's: Make sure you all have the same config's to avoid confliction.
For the Players: Be mindful of your host's server. This becomes laggy later on (around Moon Lord).

For those of you who give this a go, I hope you enjoy the experience.

Back
Top Bottom