Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
With all other storage items you can right-click a clothing item or accessory and it will equip it automatically, but with mannequins this isn't the case.

I think it's not a bug because of how Mannequins work: you put stuff on them in a similar way to how you do it for players, and since it's a separate thing form the player's, you cannot directly equip as it is tecnically already equipped on the Mannequin.

I think it's not a bug because of how Mannequins work: you put stuff on them in a similar way to how you do it for players, and since it's a separate thing form the player's, you cannot directly equip as it is tecnically already equipped on the Mannequin.
But first and foremost it's a storage item, and with all other storage items you can right-click on things to equip them, as I've already mentioned. It would be a massive oversight on the dev's part to make a storage item that's exclusively for equitable items, that you can't equip items from.

But first and foremost it's a storage item, and with all other storage items you can right-click on things to equip them, as I've already mentioned. It would be a massive oversight on the dev's part to make a storage item that's exclusively for equitable items, that you can't equip items from.
Quote from the wiki: "The Mannequin is a decorative furniture item that can be used to display armor and vanity items". It's called a decorative furniture, not a storage item. It's different than all of the other storage items, as the mannequin's interface is similar to the player's one, while all the other storage items share the same interface. I never use it as storage, as it has less space than a chest, and it only accepts equipment.

Quote from the wiki: "The Mannequin is a decorative furniture item that can be used to display armor and vanity items". It's called a decorative furniture, not a storage item. It's different than all of the other storage items, as the mannequin's interface is similar to the player's one, while all the other storage items share the same interface. I never use it as storage, as it has less space than a chest, and it only accepts equipment.
I get all that, but it's still to obvious too be an oversight, they wouldn't have made something that holds your gear, but that you can't equip your gear from.

I get all that, but it's still to obvious too be an oversight, they wouldn't have made something that holds your gear, but that you can't equip your gear from.
It never bothered to me that Mannequins didn't allow you to equip things directly from their inventory. I've always seen them as a decoration more than anything. If that was an oversight, then why is it a thing from 1.1? I think that Re-logic made it this way intentionally.

It never bothered to me that Mannequins didn't allow you to equip things directly from their inventory. I've always seen them as a decoration more than anything. If that was an oversight, then why is it a thing from 1.1? I think that Re-logic made it this way intentionally.
They changed it in 1.4; prior to that you would place the clothing item on it rather than in it.

Given the delicate intricacies of Mannequin/Inventory code, and the possibility of introducing major bugs so late to the end of Terraria's development, we are not going to be adjusting this.

IMO, its too risky a change to be making with so little time left for bug fixes.

Back
Top Bottom