Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my submission. I call it Crystal armor. The crystal's should glow.
Terraria vanity set.png

Here is my submission, it's basically a viking design I thought of as I think that's something I haven't really seen in the game in terms of vanity. I made the male design first and I didn't really know how to turn it into a female design so I just made the legs thinner and added a few other details such as eyelashes, I'm sure the artists could do much better than me in that section. The image below is 1280x768 but there is another attached file with the true resolution, though if anyone decides to use it I would appreciate if they would credit me in a small way at least.

The name of the set would be something like 'Honoured Hero' or 'Ancient Viking' and the aim of it is that it looks like it came from an early civilization of vikings that lived in harsh lands, hence the thick clothing, and were surrounded by war everywhere, hence the lack of good quality armour, not enough resources to provide it.

I know there is speculation that vikings didn't actually wear horned helmets, but this is what most people envision them to look like, so I decided to base my design on that. Also, it looks cool. :cool:

If you are willing to implement some way to acquire this, I would assume parts of the set could be found in snow biomes, dropped by those heavy skeletons or just in chests. This is a vanity set so I don't think I need a set bonus, though if I had to choose I would allow the person with the set to repel all unfriendly mobs away by 10-20 blocks if below 50% health with a cooldown of 20 seconds.

I'd like to wish luck to and thank everyone else in the contest as I saw some very good ideas. They encouraged me to make my own and I looked it up and couldn't find any like mine so I hope no one else did what I did. I wish everyone good luck in winning and Happy Easter! (As of typing this there are 52 minutes left of it where I live).

Edit: I forgot to mention, the shoulderpad shouldn't be on the left arm, this is a design I chose as the vikings I have in mind have to cut costs in armour and most are right-handed so they only provide a shoulderpad on one arm. The other arm just has the skin underneath.

Viking720.png

Attachments

• Viking.png
    Viking.png
    840 bytes · Views: 73
Last edited:
Here's my shot at a vanity set! I called this character Baron Mind (fun little dumb pun, might decide on a better name later).
The head is supposed to be a sort of mask that covers the entire head, and a glowing orb inside (glowmask option for that bit would be ideal). the rest of the vanity could be a separate shirt and leggings, but it could also act as a whole robe on its own. there's also some asymmetry regarding the mask so there would ideally be two different faces depending on the direction the character is facing, but if that's not an option, then a compromise can be easily made. as for the colours, I used very few of them, but that's just how I work in pixel art. I think the gradients and the intricate 'pixel smithing' of the Terraria art style would look very good on this vanity set as well.
I think I have a fairly decent shot at this, but we'll see, bring it on and may the best designer win!
Baron Mind.png

This is basically an old man wearing lots of gold and a suit.
He's meant to be an 'old rich man', so his name would be either 'Timmy' (because that name is great) or 'Rich Man', i.e. 'Rich Man Pants'.
And yes, that is a monocle.

Attachments

• TerrariaContestEntry.png
    TerrariaContestEntry.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 118
Hello fellow gamers, this is my vanity set which I've called 𝓛𝓮 𝓟𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓽 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 😎 the top two designs are pre hardmode (top left is corruption) (top right is Crimson) once the wall of flesh is dead the vanity set turns into the bottom design the colors I choose were inspired by the souls of night and light. Also the shirt was inspired from a tailcoat
Hope Quarantine is treating you all well :pinky:

Attachments

• Puppet master 2.pdf
    784 KB · Views: 123
Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission .jpg

Stratos Set
My entry submission for the Journey’s End Vanity Contest.

The Stratos set is a mechanized flight suit that incorporates design elements from stealth aircraft. Features angular, aerodynamic plating and adjustable wings to aid in air maneuverability.

I’ve always been a big fan of the sleek mech designs from Japanese anime and videogames, and after perusing through all of the currently available armors and vanity sets in the vanilla game, I realized there wasn’t really anything quite resembling this aesthetic. So I tried my hand at designing something to fill this fashion niche. I kept complex details to a minimum so the design can better translate to a sprite form, opting to go for simple geometric shapes to make up most of it.

I had a hard time deciding between a helmet or a headpiece, but ultimately the headpiece is what I’ve chosen as the part of the main submission. I included the helmet design anyway in case it could be included, but if not it’s nice to be able to show it off regardless. By default, the wings attached to the suit's hips are always in a folded down position. I thought it might be neat if the wings would switch to a leveled out position whenever the player enters flight using other in-game equipment. I included an image of what the wings could look like unfolded to represent the idea. If this feature seems a bit too much to add in it can be excluded, I just thought it would be a neat little feature to add to the set's uniqueness. The only other “extra” feature I would like the set to have is a faint glowmask on the blue lights around the suit. This would also include the visor for the helmet if it doesn’t get booted out.

The three pieces of the set are called the “Stratos Navigator” for the headpiece, “Stratos Frame” for the Chest, and “Stratos Stabilizers” for the legs, with the helmet being called “Stratos Visor”. The headpiece is intended to show the player character’s hair to at least some extent.

Despite how late I joined the party, I had an absolute blast designing and drawing this vanity set design these last few days. This was my first ever delve into digital art and the first time I’ve drawn anything in a long while. Even if I don’t end up winning, I’m quite proud of my design and really glad I get to show it off here.

I wish good luck to the other contestants and a happy Easter to the Re-Logic staff and Terraria Fanbase! ^ ^

ClothesShowing.png

VineSeparator.png

TerrariaKingLogos.png

VineSeparator.png

"The One whose destiny is to rule on all"
"A king who deserves that name is one who is able to embrace even the darkest power, and make it his."

VineSeparator.png

Since this is Terraria's final update, and it's Journey's End, I thought that I would want to incorporate all, or at least the most, of Terraria within this vanity set.
The set represents what a king of Terraria would look like (at least to me!).

Head
His crown, made of dungeon bricks, resembles the Dungeon, and his light halo is a classic feature of kings and emperors in medieval art.

Torso
His torso piece is divided into three parts:
His left arm, His right arm and his vest;
On his left shoulder, there is an ice piece, to resemble the snow/ice biome. The forearm is, instead, overtaken by corruption.
On his right shoulder, there are jungle leaves, to resemble the jungle biome. The forearm is, then, overtaken by crimson.
The robe, which represents a Roman robe, used by the Roman aristocracy, is of a light yellow color that resembles the desert biome, the vest then ends with a brief light pink which is a very frequent color of the hallow.

Pants
The pants, in the end, are made of the burning fire of Hell, and release fire particles when walking.
(I don't know if it's ok to add some particles but I thought that it wouldn't be that big of a deal considering it would be similar to the particles of Ermes' boots, and, if it's not possible, it wouldn't be a problem).

Notes
The forest biome (also known as purity) is, indeed, present within the vanity:
It is represented by the purity of the character (the zone with normal skin).

VineSeparator.png

ClothesConcept1.png

The original concept ^

VineSeparator.png

The Lore(kinda)

When you begin your journey, you are just a weakling, you are born pure and unharmed,
but, along your path, you will encounter the great powers of this world, you will be corrupted by them.

The One whose destiny is to rule on all

A king who deserves that name is one who is able to embrace even the darkest power, and make it his.

That's what The Terrarian King is.

VineSeparator.png

ClothesConcept2.png

Translating my vanity to the Terraria artstyle ^
(put this here to help better understand the concept)

VineSeparator.png

ClothSprites-Recuperato.png

All the different pieces' sprites on the left, and how they could be represented as items on the right. ^
The crimson (on the right-faced sprite) and the corruption (on the left-faced sprite) start with a little fade (of 2x1 pixels) to make it easier for them to blend in with the skin color.

VineSeparator.png

TerrarianKings.png

The vanity set is double-sided, showing mostly jungle leaves and crimson when facing towards the right, while showing mostly ice and corruption when facing towards the left.
(I assume double-sided vanity sets are fair play, if not, I think the vanity would not suffer that much from picking only one side)
I'm not that great of an artist, nor a pixel artist for that matter, so keep in mind that everything in this post is just a concept, and I'm ok with the team modifying it.

VineSeparator.png

Sadly I wasn't able to represent any of the underground biomes (like the Granite Cave, or the Mushroom Biome), but, I think that all the biomes that are actually featured within the set are the most important ones:

The Dungeon:
Here you fight one of the most important and symbolic bosses of Terraria, and, after that, you get access to an enormous dungeon, that you will visit at different times during your playthrough;

The Jungle:
AKA best biome <,3
Another very important biome that features 3 bossess (Queen Bee, Plantera and the Golem), and a big dungeon known as The Jungle Temple;

The Ice biome and The Desert biome:
Two biomes that you will encounter for sure along your journey, they do not have any esclusive boss/dungeon, but they have dedicated undergrounds and are super iconic;

The Corruption, The Crimson and The Hallow:
They are the three forces of Terraria, how could I not feature them?

The Hell:
The deepest zone of all Terraria, where you fight what is probably the most important boss and then get access to what you thought would be "The post-game";

VineSeparator.png

I really love this game, I loved it since the first time in 2013 on my cousins' Ps3,
Thank you all for letting me create this vanity armor!
<3
PS: If this gets in, I would love to call this set "The Cousin", even though the current name is more fitting and understandable by everyone, that would be my greedy take.

Sombrero, there are no sombreros in terraria. Pretty please add sombrero costume with the robe in the pic (dont know the proper name for it) and then leg wear that matches the theme.
images (5).jpeg

This is very important to me. the meracas dont have to be included but would be appreciated.

terraria4.png

The name I gave to this vanity is "Shinzou". I choosed the idea of "internal human organs" for this concept. In fact, the mask on the head has a heart shape, the t-shirt under the coat has a drawing of dygestive system and the back of the coat represents the nervous system. The hands are made of porcelain Feel free to change the design, I'm happy to see how it could evolve and improve, especially in pixel art.

Here it is. I hope you guys like it! Sorry for the bad eye art, I was in a rush! This is a set of crystal armor. Re-Logic can decide the stats and how to get it. By the way, I used @Leinfors's picture, (specifically the crystal platform she was standing on) to make the submission. Does this count as copying?

Attachments

• contest submission.png
    contest submission.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
The god with glasses.

TheHolyJesusWithGlasses2.png

The character should references the character that you see on the screen. if you don't know this character (meme) then let me explain you. gabe newell (owner of valve) combined with jesus together.

download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xgg4k19zklt17s/jesuswithglasses.zip?dl=1

edit: this outfit is a mod that works on tmodloader
also there should be aura (that does not generate light) behind the head as bonus for wearing the set.
the aura wasnt been added. if this wins then pls be so nice and add aura. aura texture in the files

credits to r0nii, entityNull

edit: 23:42 13-04-2020 raw content has been packed into the zip folder because there was only mod of those hats.

Last edited:
1586727187634.png

˜”*°•.˜”*°• The Skyware Slayer Set •°*”˜.•°*”˜
By: rossdaboss4

Hello Terrarians, after a few hours of work put into this last-minute submission, I'm happy to show you the Skyware Slayer Set.

There are 2 main reasons why I chose this set for my submission:

1. My personal background with floating islands
2. The way of obtaining the set is simple and seems to fit into the current game

When I started my first Terraria playthrough, the thought of floating islands in the game dumbfounded me. I spent hours building measly towers of dirt in hopes of finding one. After about two hours I eventually found an island, but at this time, the chest was locked and I needed to slay Skeletron in order to obtain a key which would then grant me access to the treasure inside. I played nonstop to achieve this goal, and I was having a blast on the way. Eventually, I ended up completing my mission, and obtaining a disappointing "Shiny Red Balloon", but I still had the urge to play. This tedious process from many years ago marked the start for my deep love for this game and has still shaped my playstyle even after 2500+ hours of playtime.

Secondly, I believe that this set can smoothly transition into being added into the game (I know I might be a bit biased in this part, but hear me out). There are only three unique items on a floating island, and I feel like the only vanilla structure in the sky deserves a bit more credit. The vanity set does not even need to replace the useful thing in the chest, but perhaps be placed at the end of the loot with a given chance. But I don't necessarily believe that if luck is not on your side, then you can't obtain this set unless you create a whole new world. With that being said, this set can easily be crafted at a Sky Mill with:
1586730163543.png
-15 Sunplate Blocks (5 for each piece)
1586730340023.png
- 60 Silk (20 for each piece)
Other possibilities of obtaining this set may include: Buying it from the Clothier in space and/or Sky Crates from fishing.

Thank you for your time and if you agree that this should be added into the game, please leave a like!<3<3

Last edited:
pixil-frame-0 (9).png

The vanity outfit is meant to resemble a Phoenix. The name of it could be Phoenix ________ or Phoenix's set since I go by PhoenixFeather

-The legs are supposed to resemble that of talons/claws of the Phoenix which are similar to most birds
-The tail could be a little bigger, but I like the thin parts that lead into the bigger feather at the end. The gradient could be a little better. If they could also move similar to some of the hairstyles that would be cool.
-The arms are unique and similar in shape of the sunflower costume, and the yellow parts on the end are like the tips of its feathers. Again, gradient could be better.
-The chest design could be better, but its trying to imitate feathers/the ruffled design of them. There could be some lighter shades more like yellow here and there, and again a better gradient could look nice.
-The beak could be smaller, but I based it closely to the lunatic cultist because it had the shape I wanted. And the eye could be better.
-The color of the head is supposed to be lighter, but a nicer gradient leading into the darker body would be nice, while keeping the curve looking part at the top.
-The feathers at the head are similar to the tail, just smaller, and would look nicer with a better gradient. And similar to the tail, they would move like some of the hairstyles.
-Some of the lighter parts could pulsate and glow if possible
-When the full set is equipped, when the player runs it could occasionally lose a feather/feathers could come off of the player
-The gradients would be similar to the flame/living flame dye, just not animated like the living flame.
-Overall, a lot of the gradients are optional, but I think would make the design look better.
-Also, could be crafted using flaming feathers dropped by Red Devils
-Could be gender variants, just didn't make the female variant (Optional)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom