The shirt is called : Plagued Shadow Robes
And if it is possible I would like to have the smoke to be a set bonus
Preferably the set should be dropped by any enemy after killing cultists

Attachments

• 20200412_162242.jpg
    20200412_162242.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 105
Black Forest Guardian set

The thing strode out of the tortured and entangled trees. Clad in dull armour a tattered cloak hanging loosely from it's shoulders, it was human but only as far as a statue is human. The bloodstained surcoat bore no arms but set above the brow of the helm was a single reptilian eye. Wide and unblinking wreathed in shadow flame. It stopped and stood still. The helm concealed any expression it might of had but the eye displayed all the malice and cruelty of a hell demon as it stared right at me. With a dull clank it began to move again...…..

Set consists of close helm, surcoat and grieves.
scan0002.jpg

Terraria (1).jpg

This is my idea, Frost Hydra armor. The armor is meant to be made out of the scales of the Frost Hydra, and, in addition, the headgear is the top half of the head of the Frost Hydra. (I hope you can understand the headgear purpose and how it should look since I could not show it properly. If you want, you can even make a tail for it if you want. There are meant to be 3 big spikes in the back which I could not visualize, but if you want, you can make more spikes on the armor. The spikes, headgear and the color of it are important in my opinion. If you choose mine I hope you can do the head justice) Sorry for being so formal.

Frost Hydra's Head
Frost Hydra Chestmail
Frost Hydra Boots

This is my take on a vanity item, since the snow biome does not get enough love.

:yslime:THE LOST MINER VANITY SET:yslime:

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.01.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.01.32 PM.png

Here's my design: The Lost Miner

Story:
A mining group went on a trip to get some resources. This one was left behind and couldn't find his way out. Rather than spending eternity trying to escape the mines, he became a native. Using all the resources he could find, he made a set of armor that was both agile (to escape monsters) and protective (in case he was too slow to escape). He made friends with the underground critters as a way to survive. He has lived in the caves for so long, it was almost as if he was part of it: he felt all the nooks and crannies, anything dying or spewing.. he can sense it. If he ever sees a poor soul traversing the caves... he will get his revenge for what his group did to him.

Notes:
- the gem in the center could change colors depending on what biome you're in, kind of the the background
- the torso piece has a flap (gem and feather-ish thing) that slightly covers the legs
- when wearing the hood, eyes could glow (the eye color of the player's character (I chose to represent green in my pixie art) that shows/glows up even in the dark
- (if we're allowed to add powers/effects) when wearing full set, could have extra mining speed
- the body shape does look a little weird with this buff armor, but I'm not the best at body shapes.. so try to ignore that please ;)
- also, I'm not great at pixel art, and I couldn't figure out how to get the flap to work for the sprite

Pieces:
-Lost Hood
-Lost Torso
-Lost Boots

I would love to see this in game, so please take a look!

Edit: I know I didn't make the concept art chest plate great. I found/saved a picture that I kind of used as a base for drawing the chest plate. Contact me if you need that image

Last edited:
Good Evening Terrarians,
I would like to present my set - Noble Swordman Armor (originaly Landsknecht's armor). That's my first pixel art for Terraria's style :p

Artwork:

landsknecht_board_1.jpg

In-game Items:

landsknecht_board_2.jpg

(I had to cut some details, cause that was quite difficult to put every decoration to these little items :> )

EDIT: Didn't see I have a typo on boards. There should be Landsknecht :///

Last edited:
Cloud-Runner-Vanity-Set-Concept-Terraria-Journeys-End-Vanity-Contest-2.png
Cloud-Runner-Vanity-Set-Full-Size-Sprites-Terraria-Journeys-End-Vanity-Contest.png

Here's my entry for the vanity contest - I've been calling it the "Cloud Runner" set.
I decided that I wanted to do something inspired by some of my favorite biomes in the game, and the design I came up with for the Sky Island mini biome was my favorite. The head slot has a pair of headphones, for the body slot its a jacket with a fluffy collar made of clouds and the design from the gravity banner item, and then the last piece of the set is a pair of yellow pants with some cool shoes that generate clouds - this might be a little overly complex, but I like the idea that when the player stands idle in this set, clouds generate around their feet over time.

I have two files here to demonstrate the concept, the full digitally drawn concept art with blown up sprites and then the full size version of the sprites including separated pieces. The sprites I did in a couple different color schemes - I liked the one I used in the art piece best in that drawing, but scaling that down to Terraria's very small player model looks a little busy, so I included some alternatives for options that might look a little cleaner at that scale.

I had a lot of fun with designing vanity sets and can't wait to see what cool new community-made items we end up with! Terraria is one of my all time favorite games, possibly the game I have the most hours logged on, so its really cool to have had the opportunity to try my hand at designing a set for the game.
Good luck to everyone else that entered!

Ok here's my entry, I'll try to explain it but I can't assure nothing since my main language is not english.

Name: Chamaleon Cultist Clothes
Tooltip: "I swear I've seen you before"

It consists in a Mask and a Robe, they are very similar to the Cultist Clothes, but they have a more chameleon-friendly look
So what's special about this vanity? First of all to craft it you must prove that you visited every single biome in hardmode, so you will need ichor, beetle scale, frozen, pixie dust, ecc. ecc.
and of course have the cultist robe to combine them all in a loom.

I only created sprite for the main surface biomes and for mushroom because I looooove mushroom, but the concept can be extended to every single biome in the game, so basically every time you enter a different biome a smoke like effect will appear around yourself and the vanity will change accordingly to the biome you are in.

I'll try to explain them quickly because even if I tried my best my sprites are not the cleanest

Forest: A flower will grow on the mask, when robe's equiped small fake pumpkings will grow around you when you walk
Desert: Sun will follow you and you have cool glasses, fake cactus will grow
Snow: Snow will accumulate and ice will form on the mask, robe will produce snowy particles around you
Jungle: Nature's gift or a rose will grow on the mask, stinger will pop out of the ground (they will not hurt they are just aestethic) and spore particles around you
Hallow: Unicorn mask and particle effect just so you can blend in with them unicorns
Crimson: You now have horns and an evil face, robe will emit ichor particles and ichor will come out of the ground
Corruption: You have eater's mandibles and one eye, robe will emit purple particles and cursed flame from the ground
Mushroom: Mushroom on the head, spores and mushrooms from the ground, perfection itself

And that's it for now, space could have little ufo on top, underground a light helmet, hell can have smaller horns and maybe emit smoke, marble and basalt can pick up inspiration from the respective enemies (a gladiator helm and a very cool eye from the marble dude); blend biomes like snow hallow can mix up the alredy existing skin i will attach here.

I though about this skin just because i like changing my look A LOT, so having a vanity that can change it instantly will be amazing.
Only problem will be with dyes that will ruin the color change part, but maybe having them change only the emitters will be a good compromise.
Chamaleon_Cultist_Forest.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_Corruption.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_Crimson.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_Desert.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_hallow.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_Jungle.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_Mushroom.gif
Chameleon_Cultist_Snow.gif

Anyway, winning or not, i had fun creating them, keep the work up everyone not much time left!

Title : Blood-red Monarch Set.

Some say he was a player
The other say he was a Town NPC
They say he started the first blood moon
And wipe out whole terraria soon
When the last terrarian will faint
With the red blood he'll paint
The Crimson Army will win
And the endless blood moon begin...

It was only a legend, but this robe painted with real blood proves, that every legend has a grain of truth.

~ That's my submission, I decided to go with blood moon topic, cuz in 1.4 will be new Boss in blood moon :)
Blood-red Monarch.png

Hey, I've played Terraria since sometime in 2013/14 (and I've known about it for longer). I love this game to bits and I'm so sad to see it go, but this final update is what Terraria deserves. I've made a little gnome kit because I didn't want to make anything crazy, just a silly little costume. I don't have much things else to say but thank you, and so long!

Attachments

• gnome terraria.png
    gnome terraria.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 119
I made a set based off of my favorite enemy in the game the wyvern. the helmet is a full wyvern head and the body looks like the wyvern if it was humanoid.

Attachments

• armor.png
    armor.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 89
The clouds swirl around the body, the head is an aviator helmet and some goggles, the torso has a leather jacket with a white shirt and red scarf like Clothier, and the legs are pants with half boots and it fades into clouds.

Attachments

• terraria contest.jpg
    terraria contest.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 84
Here's my submission for the contest, the Druid set!
TerrariaSpritingContestDruidSet.png

Woven from threads and twigs entwined with the forces of nature, the Druid set embodies the perfect balance of the wild.

Here are the individual armor pieces:

Druid Hood
DruidHood.png

Druid Cloak
DruidCloak.png

Druid Boots
DruidBoots.png

(Also, the 4 eyes use a glowmask. Here's how that would look in-game: )
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.42.16 PM.png

Good luck to everyone participating!

Terraria Armour OC Class (Assassin).JPG

This is the Outfit as a class Assassin called, "The Reaper". The Mask and Hat does come together as an attachable clothing equipment. (that's not separate). I don't see a lot of characters like this one so I hope you guys like it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom