Game Mechanics Lesser effects after 1.3.3

TheHyperFlame

Spazmatism
Ok, hey guys.
I updated my Steam Terraria, and now, when I go to Desert Biome/Underworld, my FPS drops from 60 to 30. I think it is because some "Hot" indistinctness effects.
My idea is next:
How about making setting in Video, that will reduse this effects, like Quality button?
What do you think about this?

Currently some visuals (e.g. water effects) are tied to Lighting mode (if I remember correctly). Retro/Trippy gives you older effects and White/Colour gives you new effects. The heat distortion could be tied to this. (Retro/Trippy = effect off; White/Colour = effect on.) But I'd rather have a new quality setting as you suggested.

On a similar note (saw a thread in PC Tech Support about this), sandstorms could be downgraded and blizzards could use the old style snow with a lesser quality setting. They would use the new visuals with a higher quality setting.

Edit: Now I remember, isn't there already a setting that affects some animation quality? I remember a setting that slows the animation of crafting stations and wishing there was a way to turn off crafting stations altogether. Maybe the heat distortion and sandstorm/blizzard should be linked to this, if it isn't already.

Back
Top Bottom