1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tAPI Lucky Blocks Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by Wulf'frid, May 1, 2015.

?

Should I add an effect that causes a meteor to spawn?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2015.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Cheese

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

main.rand.next(item ids) this does occur, but I assure you that it is purely random, and there is nothing I can do to affect it.

2. Elder Sign

Elder Sign Terrarian

Just seems weird, I ran a few tests and over 4000 red blocks I ended up with a 6.2% rate of getting sweetheart necklaces and around 4% each of getting a scourge of the corrupter and the same for vampire knives. I wonder if there is something else buried in the code that affects the chances of getting certain items.

3. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

If it is, it's not in my code, it may be in the Terraria code though, what skinpack are you using? The basic?

Also, I've noticed this from day one, so I'll check over my code again.

4. Elder Sign

Elder Sign Terrarian

I have tried all four, pretty much the same results with the randomness. The elemental skin seems to be the worst for randomly dumping items in the ocean in my experience however.

5. Elder Sign

Elder Sign Terrarian

Just released my spotlight video for this mod.

6. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Official Terrarian

Going to try this out tonight in conjunction with some other mods for funs. c: thanks for making this mod possible~ It's like an early christmas and will keep me occupied until 1.3 is released and probably after that hohoho.

7. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

You're very welcome, thanks for the support

Thee Pie Man likes this.
  8. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

If tAPI is discontinued, I will update this mod to whatever the new modding API is, if tAPI isn't discontinued, I will continue to update this mod for the newest versions

9. Yellow Mudkip

Yellow Mudkip Terrarian

Is this mod updated for 1.3?

10. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

I don't think that there's tAPI for 1.3, I think you can only run a 1.2.0.4 version.

Yellow Mudkip likes this.
  11. jackinbox101

jackinbox101 Terrarian

Update to r16 please

12. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

(In starcraft ghost voice) You got it.
    As soon as I update tAPI, I'll start updating this mod, maybe add a couple worldgen features or something, who knows?

13. Anth7150

Anth7150 Spazmatism

Does it work on mobile?

14. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

Uhhhh.... There isn't even tAPI for mobile...

15. Anth7150

Anth7150 Spazmatism

(I don't even know what a tapi is as well)

16. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

It's a modding API for terraria, it allows you to create mods for the pc version, however, it is not currently updated for 1.3.0.7 or 1.3 at all, as I recall

17. Volkomaus Znustoba

Volkomaus Znustoba Terrarian

Dunno if anyone has suggested this, or if it's even possible, but you should add in the probability to spawn in custom built structures! (When it updates, of course)

18. Wulf'frid

Wulf'frid Terrarian

Yes, at some point this will be updated for tModLoader, and I will add in custom structures, once I manage to find the willpower to do it