One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by Cenx, Sep 12, 2017.

1. TheeMan

TheeMan Steampunker

Please make cross platform playing a thing then I can play with all my friends that don’t have a Pc or have a laggy one. Also it would be nice if mobile and console could get tModLoader so we can play modded worlds together.

2. Yello_Xplorer

Yello_Xplorer The Destroyer

The problem is for cross-platform playing, we'll have to catch up to the current version (1.3.5 and eventually 1.3.6) and after that, updates will be longer until they can be released.

For the tML part, I don't think mobile phones can handle that thing, console still has a chance though :)

3. TheeMan

TheeMan Steampunker

Yeah but hope fully if they catch the versions up the phones will be advanced enough to handle the mods.

4. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

You think phones can't get modding because it simply can't handle tModLoader?
    It's not about that at all. You need to understand what modding really is. You're taking the game's code and messing around with it.
    Doing that on a console or phone is considered illegal by some people.

5. Yello_Xplorer

Yello_Xplorer The Destroyer

I mean the game might crash sometimes, not saying they can't actually support tModLoader

6. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

To support mods on console would require building mod support into the game, and supplying a way for the mods to be delivered since you're not allowed to just download something through a browser. Sony and Microsoft don't host that stuff for free, so it's either pay them or set up a server system to provide the mods like Bethesda did.

As ReLogic is a tiny developer that already has its hands full just supporting the game as it is, the idea of mods coming to console is a pipedream. They don't even officially support mods on PC as it is and probably never will.

As for cross platform support that's more of an issue for Sony at the moment since they are very opposed to supporting it. Even if that got sorted out I don't see the different versions of the game getting synced up fast enough to make this a reality any time soon. Maybe we can discuss the idea again when the consoles catch up to PC in 2 or 3 years, if they ever do.

7. Animus Viral

Animus Viral Terrarian

I'm quite sad Ocram is leaving.

8. The Cakemaster

The Cakemaster Steampunker

I didn't like this update. R.I.P all the awesome exclusives.

9. Kitten Shuttles

Kitten Shuttles Steampunker

Noooooooooo ocram, my boi!

10. TheLunaticCultist

TheLunaticCultist Terrarian

I like how they share news for us, be patient guys. for better experience :)

11. Xelor

Xelor Terrarian

i play on MOBILE so i dont know how i am here and i dont know why but...I will say tham after all OCRAM is not very important to the game...

12. AstralEmblem

AstralEmblem Terrarian

And Ocram looks like a huge Tick

13. o_OSo will ocrams items be legacy or removed?

14. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

They have become vanity items sold by the traveling merchant.

15. NBRI

NBRI Terrarian

If you have any of these legacy items, like, for example, Titan Armor, will players be able to trade them? Also, what's going to happen to the Sharanga? I have one, and do NOT, repeat, DO NOT want to lose it.
    Thanks, NBRI
    (PS, capitals used for emphasis)

16. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

When console 1.3 came, they were made into hellwing bows, so probably that.

17. NBRI

NBRI Terrarian

Oh, man. Not so sure I want 1.3 now...

18. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

There are better bows, I'm sure it will be fine

19. JimothyOnTV

JimothyOnTV Skeletron Prime

you talking mad :red: for someone in crusading distance
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 10, 2019 ---
    press f for ocram
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2019 ---