PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people forget that almost every good RPG in the traditional sense has things exactly like Healing reduction, or patterns and attacks that make certain options unviable.

In Pokemon you can't just use whatever element you want. In final fantasy some bosses will reflect magic back at you, or even turn you into a zombie so healing will KILL YOU (all healing).
This isn't pokemon kiddo. Think you may be playing a different game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Moon lord isn't suppose to be cheesed for epic items.You may do it once but the debs will hunt you down and remove the cheese you have

I think the moon lord change is dumb. I fail to see how beating the moon lord on normal then using the endgame armor & weapons to beat him in expert is any less gimmicky than using lava/statue mobs for invincibility. But apparently it's not, and it looks like that's what you need to do if you aren't good at terraria combat. Thanks for sucking the fun out of the final boss.

Are there really people crying about how the devs try to make their own game not broken and calling that a ""buff"" to the moon lord? .-. You guys are lazy bastard, the Moon Lord isn't that hard if you put a bit of effort and preparation into it, even in expert.
And if you're really stuck on it, play with a friend! It's not like nobody will want to be your friend on this lovely forum after all. :)

I can see 1.3.0.7 now...

-Heart Statues no longer work during the final boss battle
-Moon Bite cancels Frozen Turtle Shell
-Charm of Myths no longer reduces Potion Sickness during the final boss battle
-If a player somehow dodges the Big Laser, a tentacle reaches out and drags him/her back into it again

Shh, don't give them any ideas
You just copied this whole thing from an earlier post.

Make account > Click Upload > Drag and drop video > Wait for upload

It's so simple a child could do it.
And if the ML is so easy, a child could beat him too.

So please demonstrate to us what a child can and we can't.
I'm prefer not
Why?Because I'm not gonna risk my future of no job to make youtube videos

It seems that the developers want to be hated. It's amazing how every patch they change more and more mechanics just to make the boss more difficult.
And if the person wanted to use these mechanics for other things besides the Moon Lord? How is that?

Do you want to spoil Terraria for everyone to stop playing it and play the new game of yours? ( a.k.a Terraria: Otherworld)

Avoiding damage using spikes/weak mobs are not mechanics. Though, using weak mobs still works on everything else. If you have to use such cheesy tactics on other stuff, it's no wonder you struggle against the final boss.

Edit:
I'm prefer not
Why?Because I'm not gonna risk my future of no job to make youtube videos

I'm having trouble deciphering this, but are you saying creating a youtube video of Terraria will reduce your chances of getting a job to 0%?

In my opinion, the worst part of fighting the Moon Lord, regardless of win, loss, strategy, arena, WHATEVER; the worst part is that THEY MAKE YOU WAIT before he spawns. That minute is the most nerve-wracking thing I've ever dealt with in a game.

So, suggestion: remove the spawn delay from the Celestial Sigil; and make the last tower drop it.

Are there really people crying about how the devs try to make their own game not broken and calling that a ""buff"" to the moon lord? .-. You guys are lazy bastard, the Moon Lord isn't that hard if you put a bit of effort and preparation into it, even in expert.
And if you're really stuck on it, play with a friend! It's not like nobody will want to be your friend on this lovely forum after all. :)
Not lazy. Just find him impossible. Why does everyone that opposes a nerf call all who they don't agree with lazy. Thats awfully lazy way to approach a discussion

It seems that the developers want to be hated. It's amazing how every patch they change more and more mechanics just to make the boss more difficult.
And if the person wanted to use these mechanics for other things besides the Moon Lord? How is that?

Do you want to spoil Terraria for everyone to stop playing it and play the new game of yours? ( a.k.a Terraria: Otherworld)

They don't want to be hated, they want to bring a game to their fans which is fun, exciting and challenging. Where's the challenge in sitting on a spike while your minion kills the end of the game boss?

They likely didn't have their beta testers hunting down exploits. That's where the public release players(us) come in. They are doing damage control so that the final boss really plays like a final boss and all of the items work as they envision.

A lot of people miss the point of what a Final Boss is. They expect everything to be a cake-walk where they invest minimal time and effort for the huge rewards.

I expect to see more balancing in the near future, so just roll with it and enjoy it the best you can. It is, after all, a game.

What I don't understand is that if you find a way to cheese him, you post it on TCF to brag to everyone, making the devs notice, and making them patch it.

I was kinda hoping they'd changed the Celestial Sigil so that it only requires 10 of each fragment.

Loving the doggy-b-gone thing though.

In my opinion, the worst part of fighting the Moon Lord, regardless of win, loss, strategy, arena, WHATEVER; the worst part is that THEY MAKE YOU WAIT before he spawns. That minute is the most nerve-wracking thing I've ever dealt with in a game.
Boring to me

So gutted they haven't released an update for PS3 users, as I can't afford a PC etc, the last update was equivalent to 1.2.3 and it is rubbish in comparison to all the good stuff happening in 1.3. We was promised big things and decent updates, I'm so gutted I could cry. Very disappointing that all the fans across all platforms are not being looked after. The playstation and Xbox is dead. :(
I sympathize with your situation (especially the money), but just in case you weren't aware, the 'they' in charge of console updates has virtually nothing to do with the team that made this update.

PC and console are different sets of people.

Bringing this stuff up in a PC thread is (and bear with me, because I admit this isn't a 100% perfect analogy) almost like calling up Coca Cola and complaining to them that Pepsi isn't making soda fast enough.

They don't want to be hated, they want to bring a game to their fans which is fun, exciting and challenging. Where's the challenge in sitting on a spike while your minion kills the end of the game boss?

They likely didn't have their beta testers hunting down exploits. That's where the public release players(us) come in. They are doing damage control so that the final boss really plays like a final boss and all of the items work as they envision.

A lot of people miss the point of what a Final Boss is. They expect everything to be a cake-walk where they invest minimal time and effort for the huge rewards.

I expect to see more balancing in the near future, so just roll with it and enjoy it the best you can. It is, after all, a game.
All people that want it to be challenging can do it the challenging way. I don't see how having a cheese method changes that

Avoiding damage using spikes/weak mobs are not mechanics. Though, using weak mobs still works on everything else. If you have to use such cheesy tactics on other stuff, it's no wonder you struggle against the final boss.

Edit:

I'm having trouble deciphering this, but are you saying creating a youtube video of Terraria will reduce your chances of getting a job to 0%?
No but I might get addicted and lose my future job

(I was heavily debating on whether or not I should post this, but honestly, I feel like I have to. Sorry if I make anyone upset with what I say in this.)

Okay, so people still seem to be complaining about difficulty. The thing is, too many games these days hold your hand through the ENTIRE game. There's not that many games these days that are difficult(The "Dark Souls" franchise is one of the few), and I believe that Terraria is one of those games that isn't afraid to bring difficulty onto the table. It's just that so many of us are used to easier games/hand holding, so we're not used to this level of difficulty, while some of us, who are veterans of older games that we have played recently/Dark Souls, we welcome the difficulty curve. Hell, even some of the people who are new to this kind of difficulty curve welcome it. Those are the people who have open minds and are willing to accept that we have to be creative and prepared for bosses like the Moon Lord, but those who aren't too keen on the difficulty feel like they "have to" cheese the bosses. At this point, I honestly think that the constant hand-holding in all of these other games have affected a lot of the people who play games like Terraria. Just accept that Terraria does have a rather big difficulty curve, and you'll do fine.

That's because the people who want it to be challenging include the people who make the game.
Then the people who make the game can play it the challenging way too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Problem solved. No offense but that logic always seemed dumb to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom