1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section
  2. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

PC Terraria 1.3.0.8: Can Mac & Linux Come Out & Play?

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrarien

terrarien Terrarian

No, I'm not running it as root. This error was reported here as well.
    I guess we have to wait.

2. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

How do I leave the beta?

3. #Meerkat

#Meerkat Terrarian

Yes ! Finally now I can get terraria on my Mac! And have 1.3 instead of just 1.2.4 which I was waiting for on mobile !!

4. LaythDaBaker

LaythDaBaker Terrarian

5. Abel56

Abel56 Terrarian

my game is still on beta how do i fix please help me :(

6. Shaedric

Shaedric Dungeon Spirit

Uninstall Terraria, then reinstall it.

7. dantheman007a

dantheman007a Terrarian

You're not still in beta. Everyone that was in the beta has been switched over to the current build. The text that says "[mac-and-linux-open-beta]" is just a harmless artifact that's been left over and means nothing.

However, if you still want to be rid of it, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as Shaedric suggested will work. If that doesn't work, or if you don't want to go through all the time and hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling, you can manually edit the text to either modify it to something else or just remove it outright. Chevex explained the process a few posts back on this board.

8. LaythDaBaker

LaythDaBaker Terrarian

9. Sleaker

Sleaker Terrarian

Can you guys start releasing the dedicated server through the Steam Tools section just like other dedicated server software? I would prefer to be able to have it auto-update through steam, etc.

layman9 likes this.
  10. GavDanMore

GavDanMore Terrarian

how do i change it out of open beta?

11. Shaedric

Shaedric Dungeon Spirit

It is not in open beta, you just have to change the name.

12. #Meerkat

#Meerkat Terrarian

anyone know if terraria causes lag for macs?

13. TobyJ

TobyJ Steampunker

ehhhhh a lot of macs have hard times running games anyways. It wouldn't surprise me if lag was a common thing during major Terraria events. For example, bosses.

14. dantheman007a

dantheman007a Terrarian

It all depends on your specs, the same as with any computer. I wouldn't recommend anything lower than 4GBs of RAM, and even then you might notice a few things here and there.

15. #Meerkat

#Meerkat Terrarian

hey i just got terraria for my mac and i forgot my steam password XD can you tell me how to find it in my profile?

16. Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey Official Terrarian

What's wrong with Windows 10? I'm running it right now and it's awesome.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2015 ---
    Uh, it's not on your Steam profile. You gotta reset it. Look up how to "reset your Steam password" on Google. Also, this is why you should make Steam remember your password by clicking "Remember my password" on the login screen. :p

17. Hie the Badger

Hie the Badger The Destroyer

After windows 8, I'm getting sick of their :red:.

18. MournfulRelic

MournfulRelic The Destroyer

Cool. I already had Terraria on my mac before the beta, but I'm glad Terraria is now accessible to more people.

19. Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey Official Terrarian

Dude, give Windows 10 a chance. Windows 10 is much better than 8, and it has returned to Windows 7's roots. Trust me on this. You will like Windows 10 just as much as I do.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  20. ManaUser

ManaUser The Destroyer

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.