NPCs & Enemies Terraria Boss Ideas (I'm lookin' at you Relogic ;))

Philitopolis

Eye of Cthulhu
My friends and I have always agreed the Terraria needs a Melon (watermelon) Boss, It could be able to mount a gun that shoot seeds and the occasional cannon with a melon RPG. It would drop melonite bars to craft the relating weapons and armor. Certain crafting recipes would include, the melon+chain gun=(something with a melon gun name feel). 1st Stage would just be a normal melon but once it lost 30,000 of its 60,000 health, it would turn into a wild monster, shooting melon minions at high velocity! Corresponding armor with this boss would have a similar set boost to chlorophyte armor, but with a melon turret hovering overhead. The helmet tool-tip would say something like "Protects your melon...cause' it's made from one!" The boss would have a 1/2 chance of naturally spawning on a "melon-moon" , an occurrence that only happens with a 1/50 chance to happen each night (with a 1/25 chance after blood moons and a 1/10 chance after solar eclipses). The armor could be considered a Ranger/Summoner type as it would have around 60-75 defense (80 defense on a melon-moon night) but also give a buff for summoner players. Drops from the boss would include: around 20-40 melonite bars, souls of melight (10-30), a 10 percent chance to drop a trophy/mask, a 10% chance to drop a melon-type weapon, and a 30% chance to give the player The Book of Melon, a spell book. Other drops may include a pet, a minion staff, or other. It would also give you the chance to house a melon NPC. (DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ THIS, YOU DA MAN REDIGIT, YOU DA MAN!!)

" You feel the Presence of your past Gardening Practices watch you..." THE MELON BOSS (couldn't think of a cool name) HAS AWOKEN!

I wonder what boss song would play with this boss...
[DOUBLEPOST=1434409147,1434409070][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess it's OK for this boss to be in Terraria because of all the other strange bosses.

Nice formatting, I can barely fing my own thoughts in it. Let me give reading a shot anyways.

From what I've gathered, this suggestion seems to have been made up within just a few seconds. Like, "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a hostile melon in Terraria?" "Yeah sure let me make an account on TCF and see what the guys there think.", which is fine. There's nothing wrong with that, but couldn't there have been a bit more thought to it? Let me elaborate...

You barely mention the boss' AI at all. It's a melon which can use a shotgun, okay. It has 60,000HP, sure. So it's about as strong as the mechs, I guess? Is it obstructed by blocks? Are there any attacks other than shooting seeds and later shooting minions? What are the stats for the minions? Do armour and speed of the boss change? So many unanswered questions.

I won't nitpick on the balancing, since nobody can make up perfect balancing in their first suggestion, but I will say that the loot table looks rather barebones. The loot is barely enough to justify a boss, and you don't even provide crafting recipes for anything crafted using Melonite and Souls of Melight (if this is a pun on delight I'm gonna smash my head against the desk).

Also, paragraphs are a suggester's best friend! More people will support you if you keep your post clean and easy to navigate through. I suggest, if this is a serious suggestion, that you do that.

I wonder what boss song would play with this boss...
[DOUBLEPOST=1434409147,1434409070][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess it's OK for this boss to be in Terraria because of all the other strange bosses.

That would play.

Anyways my opinion on the idea is it was thought up in a few minutes like "hey what if...", and the idea doesn't fit in with Terraria at all. It doesn't attach to any pre-existing object or theme in Terraria.

No support.

Why are you guys all so meloncholy about this suggestion? I think some better criticism is honeyDUE here.

Aside from puns, I think a melon boss would be awesome, but you need to elaborate.

I would like everyone to know, that this is a community suggestion, if you guys would like to say your opinions on what the boss' AI should be or drops and their uses, that would be great with me!
So I guess that means I must elaborate a tad more on this melon boss. The boss would be centered towards a post plantera stage, not necessarily post fishron but later hardmode. The first stage would go a little like this: the boss would be one that would interchange between a flying through blocks and a mode similar to King Slime (on the ground, up close and personal)! The boss' attack strategy would go a little like this: the melon, would grow a turret on the top of its head and fire melon seeds ( these seeds will be the same ammunition as the one used in the chain gun themed weapon above). Then, the boss would go stationary, and fire large shuriken-like objects in all directions. If the player were to be hit by one of these projectiles, it would render him/her with various debuffs such as suffocation, venom, and weakness.
Once stage 2 has been triggered, the boss would proceed to fire minions ( all with around 150 HP) at the player. While the boss performs this attack, the player cannot hurt the boss in anyway until the minions have all been killed. The boss' movement speed would increase dramatically and its color would turn from a fresh green into a rotten yellow, its damage would increase from 50 to 80. The boss would raise a substantially large cannon out of its top and fire bombs that would do around 30 damage if hit by one, and around 100 if caught in the explosion (that would not destroy tiles).
In a final effort, once the boss has reached 0HP, it would explode and release deadly shrapnel in all directions.
..............that better for ya Enji?
[DOUBLEPOST=1434428931,1434428732][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice formatting, I can barely fing my own thoughts in it. Let me give reading a shot anyways.

From what I've gathered, this suggestion seems to have been made up within just a few seconds. Like, "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a hostile melon in Terraria?" "Yeah sure let me make an account on TCF and see what the guys there think.", which is fine. There's nothing wrong with that, but couldn't there have been a bit more thought to it? Let me elaborate...

You barely mention the boss' AI at all. It's a melon which can use a shotgun, okay. It has 60,000HP, sure. So it's about as strong as the mechs, I guess? Is it obstructed by blocks? Are there any attacks other than shooting seeds and later shooting minions? What are the stats for the minions? Do armour and speed of the boss change? So many unanswered questions.

I won't nitpick on the balancing, since nobody can make up perfect balancing in their first suggestion, but I will say that the loot table looks rather barebones. The loot is barely enough to justify a boss, and you don't even provide crafting recipes for anything crafted using Melonite and Souls of Melight (if this is a pun on delight I'm gonna smash my head against the desk).

Also, paragraphs are a suggester's best friend! More people will support you if you keep your post clean and easy to navigate through. I suggest, if this is a serious suggestion, that you do that.
That would play.

Anyways my opinion on the idea is it was thought up in a few minutes like "hey what if...", and the idea doesn't fit in with Terraria at all. It doesn't attach to any pre-existing object or theme in Terraria.
I support and appreciate your views on this but I will tell you, the Mobile edition has a stuffed turkey cornucopia and a giant bunny with bunny minions, I think terraria can handle a melon boss. no support.

Name for watermelon gun. The seed spitter! Eh, eh?

Also maybe scrap the melon moon it may be fun but... People will complain.its another "boring RNG fest" unless you can make it BETTER that your Frost's and pump's.

Doubt if the developers will add a melon boss for reasons but if they did....It should drop the BanHammer, it has the tooltip 'no, beacuse kane'.

Back
Top Bottom