Terraria: Journey's End Vanity Contest Winners!

Congrats to those who won! Bummed my picks didn't make it, but I'm glad more than 3 were chosen to be in the game. There were so many great designs!
Now I just need to mod in my favorites anyways:naughty:
Huh, that'll be a fun project. Modding in the other vanity sets! I gotta try that sometime.

First of all, thanks for everyone who participated, it was a great experience! Everyone, not only the finalists, did a great job. I wish all of them could make it into the game! I wouldn't have been able to select 25 finalists, I imagine that must have been a really tough decision for Re-Logic. So congratulations to everyone!

Now, when it comes to all this controversy regarding my submission and Timeless Traveller, I understand where you are all coming from, but its the popular vote after all. Both of them existed as finalists, and there was always an option for this to happen. Its extremely demoralizing as an artist to see the kind of treatment some people are giving to both submissions, but thats just my opinion.

About my entry, I created it for myself as something I would like to use, not as something that I felt would be popular, and I was surprised at how well received it was. It might have plaguebringer as the name, I didn't put much thought into it, but it definitely isn't a plague doctor. If anything its more of a sorcerer/necromancer. And i wouldn't say either that theres anything like that ingame at the moment.

Now, for everyone that supported my submission, thank you from the bottom of my heart . From the developers who created this contest and thought I had a good enough submission to be a finalist, to every little comment or reaction people sent to me. Even though I'm usually quite quiet, I honestly enjoyed reading every comment, specially those who explained what they would do with different parts of the set, or those who gave me new ideas that could be explored with the costume.

So thank you everyone!

At least the timeless traveler made it in. I really thought cosmic terror was going to get a spot in the game... For no reason, it shall be stated for the record, I personally think the TT's head looks more like a bird than a goat.

About the Wandering Ronin costume:

Ronin is a word from Japanese culture. It means a samurai who has lost their status and salaries. They existed during the Tokugawa Shogunate (the Edo period), but the design of the Wandering Ronin costume is actually Chinese style (and is also mistaken in many ways). This is a common mistake about East Asian culture, which may also cause many people having wrong impression. Hoping the developers may correct it.

The picture indicates the correct Japanese costume style during Edo period.
QQ图片20200428102843.jpg

@Loki

Last edited:
Now now, none of my votes got in the game either, no need to go attacking the community, regardless of whether or not we agree with their tastes.

Dark and Edgy is always going to win, sadly.
It just sucks that it's two variations on almost the exact same concept. I'd be fine with one or another, but getting both just deflates me a little bit. I feel like The winners definitely deserved their wins, but I can't see myself ever using any of these. Edgy designs will always take primacy over nice and cozy designs or designs intended for female characters, I suppose.

Last edited:
I feel so glad that the wait to see the winners has finally ended and the waiting stress ended too lol. Congrats to the 5 winners, I'm really glad the devs pulled a surprise like that especially because of the community's results which what was really worrying me.

And yeah seems like the major community likes goats and skulls. Really wish there'd be more variety (visually similar: Plague head - Capricorn head, Timeless - Crowno), being someone whose priority is fashion-souls makes me feel a little down that there wasn't more choices or tonally different from what we have now. Tones like cozy for those who wanna relax after their thousand hour journey and just sit there.

But after some thought from rolling around a bit, hope shines.

There's still going to be a big update coming!!! Who knows what new sets the devs made up all these years which would certainly be different from 1.3 stuff surely? right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🔷~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*clapping noises*
And, to all those who participated, semi-finalists, finalists and winners:
Congratulations!

We all did our best, everyone deserves a pat on the back :3

Well congrats everyone!

The only thing I can say is please give us both versions of the legs. We need another tail. Failing that give us some Capricorn dye so we can customize.

Welp, it could work like Neptune's Shell, once you get into the water the legs are replaced by the tail, but it would be a little extra work for the developers and they may not have much time till the Journey's End update arrives.

It just sucks that it's two variations on almost the exact same concept. I'd be fine with one or another, but getting both just deflates me a little bit. I feel like The winners definitely deserved their wins, but I can't see myself ever using any of these. Edgy designs will always take primacy over nice and cozy designs or designs intended for female characters, I suppose.
Can we get an f in the chat for female species

Welp, it could work like Neptune's Shell, once you get into the water the legs are replaced by the tail, but it would be a little extra work for the developers and they may not have much time till the Journey's End update arrives.
I think that they said that the contest winners sets might not be ready for the 1.4 update anyway. Or they implied it.

I really love these finalists and absolutely cannot wait to see what they'll look like in-game, and then wear them! For those who did not make it, just know that your entries were just as good as the final winners and it is truly an amazing feat to have made it this far. I myself have zero knowledge about modding and while I like to think I'm a good spriter, I'm not really (lmao) but I'm sure there are plenty of people you could reach out to if you wanted to take things into your own hands and get your set via mod. I'd certainly love to help with any projects if such popped up and required assistance, I'm sure I could be useful for something.

Again, a massive congrats to the 5 (tysm relogic you're amazing) winners and another round of applause for ALL the finalists. This was an amazing competition to watch, thanks for the fun time.

Back
Top Bottom