Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for not reading the whole 98 pages of replies, but has anyone mentioned the the fact there is a coding error within the crafting menu? This causes a crash on lower end models when trying to scroll down through the areas of the crafting menu. That coding straind could possible solve 85.6% of the crash issues if fixed.

I brought it up (pages ago), but much of the newly mentioned stuff hasn't been added to the first two posts which lists problems that's come up.

I don't think of my Note 3 as being 'low end', despite its age, but I still get that kind of issue when the game turns unstable. It is more a code inefficiency than lack of processing power.

It runs perfectly fine upon a clean startup, but eventually some kind of instability comes up, making that bug you mentioned become more and more of an issue as time goes by. It starts to lag and slow down as I scroll down fast, and if I push it, the game crashes.

I totally disagree. If you have a debuff of 17 per tick on the eye of Cthulhu, that's doing more damage than weapons like shurikens would do, which is a typical weapon you would use on cthulu. So you would shoot once , say a poison knife, then wait a few seconds then shoot again once debuff wears off. So in other words, you can beat a boss shooting once every few seconds with a very early item, and do it quickly at that.

If that's not op, I don't know what is.

I don't know... the experience I had was that it wasn't that OP, given it was when I was finally able to make the Board of Grass, which was what was giving the debuff. Compared to what I had at that point, 17 damage per second or two was pitiful.

Hello, I am curious if the like Tanic cultist are on iOS and weather I can get yo yos
[DOUBLEPOST=1454258870,1454258784][/DOUBLEPOST]
They can be bought niw
For you first post, no, yo yos are not in the game neither is the cultists as the lunar events are not in mobile and console yet...

Also, you can buy it?

I brought it up (pages ago), but much of the newly mentioned stuff hasn't been added to the first two posts which lists problems that's come up.

I don't think of my Note 3 as being 'low end', despite its age, but I still get that kind of issue when the game turns unstable. It is more a code inefficiency than lack of processing power.

It runs perfectly fine upon a clean startup, but eventually some kind of instability comes up, making that bug you mentioned become more and more of an issue as time goes by. It starts to lag and slow down as I scroll down fast, and if I push it, the game crashes.

I don't know... the experience I had was that it wasn't that OP, given it was when I was finally able to make the Board of Grass, which was what was giving the debuff. Compared to what I had at that point, 17 damage per second or two was pitiful.
Yeah that's true it's not as OP when it's got at the time of the blade of grass or board :happy:) which is later in hardmode. But the debuff 'poisoned' can be obtained very early, with a poisoned knife or dart, at which time it is very OP. I would even argue it's still pretty OP when the blade is obtained.

But it doesn't just apply to poisoned, it seems to apply to all those debuff (on fire, frostburn, cursed inferno) and those have even higher bugged values which are more overpowered.

Its actually an probability (.3%)
Ps:the gamepedia said its an console exclusive vanity item
Thanks for clarifying. My bad.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454300332,1454300019][/DOUBLEPOST]@505 Games Support during a blood moon, when the clothier is supposed to sell the Fabulous outfit, he only sold the bow and it said "allows flight and slow fall". Then some enemy in the caverns layer dropped two hellforges. Plus, the 'you can craft a new item!" thing is gone...the sparkling new items and the message on the screen. I kinda liked that. Is it gone gone or a bug???

Seriously, I went through all previous comments and I thought some of them were just too ridiculous, but now I'm experiencing them myself!

Hello all, think I might have found a footwear problem.
Recently upgraded my specter boots to lightning boots and I seem to have lost the boost to wing flight-time that the specter boots were giving me. I haven't actually timed it, but i am in the air less than before, and there are definitely a couple of floating islands that I could fly up to last week that I can't reach now.

Using Demon wings, playing latest android version on an Asus Zenfone 5, android 4.4

Hey guys ,how are u?

I dont know whats happening but my mobs and characters are expelling hearts...i dont know if its a season or other thing..thats really strange

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    542.6 KB · Views: 261
@Loki where is the Amazon version?
It has been a long time since everyone else got the 1.2.4 content...

Same place it was last update they gave us.....chasing down the crashes that are happening on Amazon that are blocking approval (while adding all of these ongoing fixes in parallel).

Same thing with WP - rebuild is well underway with great progress, working with MS in parallel on any fixes with the existing base.

Also have been discussing a better way to get bugs captured and reported with the needed info. As great as a single forum thread is, it is full of repeats and not enough info, and is really hard to follow. Hoping for a better solution there and then we can use this thread just to show bug STATUS. The devs get what they need, the community gets a steadily-updated list so that they can stay abreast of things.

Will ask for more info on this week's calls.

Hey guys ,how are u?

I dont know whats happening but my mobs and characters are expelling hearts...i dont know if its a season or other thing..thats really strange

Happy Valentine!

Noticed that too when toying around with a possible way to backup my save files. (which didn't work, since it didn't 'archive' the way I hoped it would, but hadn't lost anything either.. yet) It surprised me, since it started just before February 1st, even though on a wiki site it said it starts in February. (maybe based on GMT, which in that case, it was Feb 1st)

Who needs a life detecter or whatnot when even the smallest thing has a cloud of hearts around them.:D Can't even see the worms, due to the heart cloud they have.

I hope the game gets its critical bugs fixed before the event ends. I would like to be able to have some chance to get some the event items (without resorting to messing with the time on my device).

On a previous topic, the main reason why the poison debuff didn't seem OP was because I couldn't get access to it early enough to make a difference, as some people have argued. The mobile game does not generate Vicious Mushrooms, which means any world with Crimson (which is what I started with) is out of luck in getting early access to the poison debuff via making poisonous throwing knives.

You could try to get stingers from hornets in the jungle biome for poison darts, but might as well expect to die often attempting to get a stockpile if even the Eye of Cthulhu is hard to take down with your current equipment.

On a different note, when trying to see if this one app could back up my files, my barely used second character (made to see if my world file was OK) picked up a mushroom, got "Learned New Recipe" and the new craftable item(s) had that sparkle animation. I'm not totally sure what changed. There was an update done while my first character was being used, but he never got that new recipe message afterwards. My second character of course was made after the update, and now has that feature working (for now).

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly on my first character getting that message, and then after that it stopped working ever since.o_O

@505 Games Support

Debuffs do ticks of about 34–40 damage to bosses. I’m not sure if they do it to some mobs also. Whatever the case, if this is intentional, then it would be an absurdly badly thought out descision, even worse than deciding to buff ocraM’s eye lasers. I tested the Ice Bow (it is a HORRIBLE weapon for The Twins, it takes a very long time to kill them) on The Twins. I was wearing Frost Armor, which inflicts Frostburn. That ordinarily wouldn’t do much, but because of the (I hope for your sanity that it’s just a nasty bug) high damage of the debuff, it killed The Twins in about 45 seconds. Frostburn is supposed to do ticks of 6 damage. Please fix this horrible, game breaking bug. It is game breaking because it lets users cheese all bosses, even if they have something as silly as a Fire Gauntlet (the Mechanical Glove is supposed to be MUCH better).
Fire guantlet isnt silly, its awesome! Its just a 3% damage decrease from the mechanical glove, and because of the debuff damage bug it does way more damage than the mechanical glove. (Although i think thats what you were trying to say)
[DOUBLEPOST=1454355268,1454354918][/DOUBLEPOST]
frost armor + flask of cursed flames + fire gauntlet FTW!
Maybe its something to do with the enemie's defense. Because when fighting the frost moon, i noticed it was doing around 40 damage per tick to the santanks. I looked it up on the wiki, and they have 40 defense. Well, 56 but close enough. Maybe this is the case?

I've pretty much stopped playing so I don't wreck my own save files more than I have (one character is locked up). I feel like my work and enjoyment in the game is being taken hostage by this. So much for my late X-mas gift to myself. :(

I've noticed the plan old poison debuff does more to the Eye of Cthulhu than to other monsters. But 17 damage per tick (and seemingly a very slow tick at that when fighting) on a boss with much more health than a typical zombie (or whatever common enemy) still isn't a lot.

I don't mind if those are scaled up based on max HP, to make the debuffs worthwhile on bosses and tough monsters, just as long it is balanced along with being well documented so players know what to expect.
Why dont people just make characters and worlds on the local slots? It saves a lot of hassle, and if you have a new device you want to transfer your character to, then get some life crystals, life fruits and mana crystals, join the game on your new device, dump all your stuff in some chests, then pick it all up again on your new character. It sounds complicated but its much easier than losing all your progress to an icloud glitch and have to start all over again. Its what i did before icloud was introduced to terraria, and what i still do now.

Why dont people just make characters and worlds on the local slots? It saves a lot of hassle, and if you have a new device you want to transfer your character to, then get some life crystals, life fruits and mana crystals, join the game on your new device, dump all your stuff in some chests, then pick it all up again on your new character. It sounds complicated but its much easier than losing all your progress to an icloud glitch and have to start all over again. Its what i did before icloud was introduced to terraria, and what i still do now.

I am using a local slot.-_-

Problem is, the game did its glitched character save file moments before crashing. Local save, or Cloud save (however that works.. I doubt I have that setup), the game has a chance of screwing up on listing what version a save file is (or just makes a totally blank or corrupted and unusable file if other sources are to be believed). I've seen it glitch a few times before, with the same 'could not open, newer version' message, but it wasn't an issue since 2 mins later, while still playing in-game, a proper save file overwrote the messed up file it made before. (added edit: as in, I got that 'new version, cannot open' error while playing the game, which was well before it showing up when trying to start up a game)

The weekend I discovered how the piggy bank and safe worked (no thanks to in-game info) and started using it, was the day the character file glitched out, taking with it much of my good items I just put into the safe and piggy bank!:(

I haven't rooted my phone, so I don't have access to the game's save files. If I did, I'd have a better understanding what is going on and what options I have.

I'm hoping there are .bak files in the save folders, akin to what it is like in the PC version (last I checked); since all I'd likely have to do (if assuming right) is delete (or rather, move) the corrupted file, and then remove the .bak file extension on the files with the same character name. It looks like those .bak files are backup files from slightly older save files, given how they have the exact names of the save files, but with an added .bak extension tacked on the end, which with that added .bak effectively changes the listed file type, and gets ignored by the system (which is what you want it you have a backup file you don't want messed with until it is absolutely needed).

But.. until I can find a painless way to root my phone and luck out with the game's backup files, or the 505Games team miraculously solving the critical glitches and recovering my work, I'm not about to touch the game again (save for the tutorial map). I'd rather not play on a game that will blow up at random, as if I were playing in a minefield.

Last edited:
I am using a local slot.-_-

Problem is, the game did its glitched character save file moments before crashing. Local save, or Cloud save (however that works.. I doubt I have that setup), the game has a chance of screwing up on listing what version a save file is (or just makes a totally blank or corrupted and unusable file if other sources are to be believed). I've seen it glitch a few times before, with the same 'could not open, newer version' message, but it wasn't an issue since 2 mins later, while still playing in-game, a proper save file overwrote the messed up file it made before. (added edit: as in, I got that 'new version, cannot open' error while playing the game, which was well before it showing up when trying to start up a game)

The weekend I discovered how the piggy bank and safe worked (no thanks to in-game info) and started using it, was the day the character file glitched out, taking with it much of my good items I just put into the safe and piggy bank!:(

I haven't rooted my phone, so I don't have access to the game's save files. If I did, I'd have a better understanding what is going on and what options I have.

I'm hoping there are .bak files in the save folders, akin to what it is like in the PC version (last I checked); since all I'd likely have to do (if assuming right) is delete (or rather, move) the corrupted file, and then remove the .bak file extension on the files with the same character name. It looks like those .bak files are backup files from slightly older save files, given how they have the exact names of the save files, but with an added .bak extension tacked on the end, which with that added .bak effectively changes the listed file type, and gets ignored by the system (which is what you want it you have a backup file you don't want messed with until it is absolutely needed).

But.. until I can find a painless way to root my phone and luck out with the game's backup files, or the 505Games team miraculously solving the critical glitches and recovering my work, I'm not about to touch the game again (save for the tutorial map). I'd rather not play on a game that will blow up at random, as if I were playing in a minefield.
I personally don't have an issue with getting a new world as I enjoy the experience of playing the game through from the start.

But if you want your saved then keeping your distance is a good call. Funny that's what it's come to just not playing.

I personally don't have an issue with getting a new world as I enjoy the experience of playing the game through from the start.

But if you want your saved then keeping your distance is a good call. Funny that's what it's come to just not playing.
I love exploring and starting a new game after beating it (hell, haven't even gotten into Hardmode yet!). I made 2 other worlds to try to get a Living Loom, but when that failed, I don't want to just delete them, since I now want to see what's in those worlds and possibly use a new character in them.

The reason why I don't want to touch the game now is because I hate losing progress for no good reason. I can understand losing progress in a roguelike game (akin to Terraria's hardcore mode on PC), since that's the established rules. But glitches that randomly delete/corrupt things is not what I signed on for.

What good is exploring a world, only to wind up having things implode without warning? Or have your slots taken up with glitched out characters and worlds from neurotically trying to continue playing?

I just don't want to set myself up for frustration, since it is rather clear now that it is very easy to do with the current glitches. :(

Same place it was last update they gave us.....chasing down the crashes that are happening on Amazon that are blocking approval (while adding all of these ongoing fixes in parallel).[/

Thanks for keeping us updated. It sucks when you have a device you bought the game for and it doesn't work right off the bat (windows phone). I keep reading the forums looking for updates and you are there with one. Thanks again!

Using an flairon with an fire gauntlet,the bubbles wont turn into fire bubbles thier just regular bubbles...(this is on console)(was this added on 1.3?and put on console but not mobile?or bug)

Last edited:
@505 Games Support every time I kill a wraith in the same section of the same stinking cave...a Queen Bee pops out! Luckily with hardmode gear (or even if I just had good gear before hardmode) the stupid bee can be defeated in, like, two seconds. But seriously! A Queen Bee! From a wraith!

This has happened twice and both times I was in that very section of the caverns biome and both times I killed a wraith. It would be hilarious and it is kinda funny actually...if not for the annoyance of that bizarre spawning.

@505 Games Support every time I kill a wraith in the same section of the same stinking cave...a Queen Bee pops out! Luckily with hardmode gear (or even if I just had good gear before hardmode) the stupid bee can be defeated in, like, two seconds. But seriously! A Queen Bee! From a wraith!

This has happened twice and both times I was in that very section of the caverns biome and both times I killed a wraith. It would be hilarious and it is kinda funny actually...if not for the annoyance of that bizarre spawning.
And here I thought the overly fragile larvae in the hive was problematic. At least at that point of the game, you have the gear to handle it. Kind of makes the Abeemination a tad useless if you can easily replicate that.

BTW, is the PC version of Terraria stable? Tempted to just give up on this platform and maybe play it on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom