Ugh not another one I have to trash >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in hardmode yet in expert mode but I get the feeling the banners are more for facetanking than actually moving around and taking advantage of enemies (something everyone should know by now unless they are brand new to the game). Maybe, a good idea, would be to make them drop more in expert mode and after 100 enemies instead of bloody 50. I use the words of a friend of mine: "What the :red: is this :red:?"

50 is way too few I don't care how bad you suck there shouldn't be a banner after only 50 enemies. That gets very old very fast especially for farming. I cant pick up this event item because there are 8 bloody banners in my inventory so I have to trash. All of them. Or spam chests around to actually quick recieve them. Woops! The item just poofed.

As a summoner I can't walk three feet without having another 3 banners polluting my inventory tbh. It's a minor annoyance, but it still gets me every time. It sort of reminds me of those old fruit basket subscriptions where it's all well and good and then after about the 3rd week you are just like STOP SENDING ME ******* FRUIT IM TIRED OF IT AHHHHHHHHHHH!

I loved that they gave you bonuses, I just really am not interested in the 300th banner from a green slime. Like, I think I'm good thanks >.>

Just put them down and they won't be a problem. If you let the banners pile up in your inventory then they'll become an annoyance, but If you just use them immediately then you won't even notice.

I'm up to 2000 kills on some enemies here. I will have to actually make new places to put banners. They are hanging all over my farming station and fill it's storage chests and have now stated spilling over into random trash chests scattered all over my island.

Make their effects stack and I will welcome them.

I'm up to 2000 kills on some enemies here. I will have to actually make new places to put banners. They are hanging all over my farming station and fill it's storage chests and have now stated spilling over into random trash chests scattered all over my island.

Make their effects stack and I will welcome them.
I just leave them wherever while I'm exploring, If I get a duplicate banner while I'm near my base I just sell it or trash it since I only need one.

Just put them down and they won't be a problem. If you let the banners pile up in your inventory then they'll become an annoyance, but If you just use them immediately then you won't even notice.

Haha put them down? I have close to 50 of each banner in all reality (only two lost girl banners though for obvious reasons). I don't even sell them anymore - I shift click them into the trash. I'm going to break my shift key with as much as I press it ;_;

I'm not truly upset at all. It's just a minor tedium that grinds my gears :)

Haha put them down? I have close to 50 of each banner in all reality (only two lost girl banners though). I don't even sell them anymore - I shift click them into the trash. I'm going to break my shift key with as much as I press it ;_;
I mean while you're out exploring, just place the banners as soon as you pick them up.

I mean while you're out exploring, just place the banners as soon as you pick them up.

It's faster to just shift click them into the garbage though. My personal wish is to simply be able to turn off banner acquisition per character, but I know that's probably a selfish request.

Last edited:
Probably because there is not nearly enough shop slot spaces to fit all the banners.

Also, because there's a purpose to having multiple beyond decoration.
Then there could be pages for the vendor listed 1-10 or something like that? Just shooting ideas up here, but anything is better than having a item like a banner just fill up empty space when something else can.

I usually like to carry a sets of items and equipment to take with me as I explore. As I'm digging through, I fight an enemy underground and/or in the dungeon so eventually I'm gonna end up with banners. Problem with this is that it's just another item on top of all the dirt, mud, cobwebs and sand that you gotta throw away to make room for any other interesting weapons and items you find. It's even worse when you've got multiple enemies spawning banners, taking up all your inventory slots. Even worse when it's hordes of different enemies in something like an event. It makes me feel like a kid holding out his bag for trick or treat and the man tosses in some candy, then a bunch of different colored twizzlers in my bag.

I'm not asking for them to be removed as some do look nice, but maybe just a way to obtain them voluntarily without the hassle of it taking up that space I may or may not need. Also, If I killed the 100th skeleton, I probably don't need anymore banners. The game should put a limit on how many you get.

Or maybe have like a banner bag that has a slot for each banner and they can stack to 999. Then once they reach 999 they stop :red:ing dropping.

Or maybe have like a banner bag that has a slot for each banner and they can stack to 999. Then once they reach 999 they stop :red:ing dropping.
If you manage to get 999 of one banner and you weren't using an AFK farm or statues, then that's probably a sign that you should take a break from Terraria.

If you manage to get 999 of one banner and you weren't using an AFK farm or statues, then that's probably a sign that you should take a break from Terraria.

Not checkmate. I have never gotten 999 of a banner but I'm just adding stack limits to my idea. So everyone has enough banners in their banner bag because some people would end up needing that many for some reason.

Not checkmate. I have never gotten 999 of a banner but I'm just adding stack limits to my idea. So everyone has enough banners in their banner bag because some people would end up needing that many for some reason.
Not sure why you're so upset about banners... it takes all of 2 seconds to shift-click the banner into the trash. It's not a big enough problem to change the whole banner system. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom