• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. A new patch is in QA - expect some Gamepad love, the return of Red's Pick and more. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Da_KingofKings

Terrarian
Hey i just started using the tmod loader, when i installed it everything in my game was slow as in in game everything in the game had slowness. I was wondering if you knew this error. I was also wondring if its because i have a Mac . Please help!

Yoh Asakura

Terrarian
I have a problem. When my new biome has been generated, i got strange texture of cacti. Ok, then i added new cactus' texture and SetModCactus(new Reed()); (Reed - name of my custom cactus class). So i've got this:
f148e6f2fb874a0594f1bdb18103dbb1.png

This cactus is growing on custom tile and in this tile i have SetModCactus(new Reed());
When i wasn't adding new texture, i was having this:
4c3c0106b5134d519ca936a76bf66ff5.png

Help please!

Terra B Welch

Empress of Light
Anyone else getting a problem in their main menu where the music stays at 0%?

Once I get into a world I can turn it back up again but in the main menu attempting to change it puts it back to 0%

Toxix888

Terrarian
i have no mods on but i cant join my friends or if i host they cant join:kingslime:
I'm pretty sure you cannot join people who don't have TModLoader with it. If they do, then you might be having trouble on either side (bugs or errors). Shouldn't be a problem with the mods they have or the ones you have since players automatically sync their mods to the host.:joy:

Fabsol

The Destroyer
Even before, trying to mod with this API is a pain in the butt. Needs some better documentation.

Modding with this API is incredibly easy, I've never had any problems.

Just check the documentation for all the hooks and use ExampleMod as a reference and everything becomes abundantly clear.

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Never had any issues either. I'm guessing the main issue is that ExampleMod has grown quite big, and may be a little with overwhelming for newcomers. (knowing that almost nobody that attempts modding actually has c# knowledge prior before trying)

Top Bottom