Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hi :) i know how to create my own custom biome spawn everywhere but how can i do that it will spawn ONLY under ocean biomes? it could be attached to it also

Question. On Windows 10, where would the Steam folder be? I only know Documents>My Games>Terraria. I need help please. :)
The steam folder, if you set it to install in the default location, would be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam the Terraria folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
[doublepost=1514935323,1514935086][/doublepost]Also, I have an issue of my own. When I try to Host and Play a world it will go through the steps, but at the point where I would normally load in, it crashes and says:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.Initializers.UILinksInitializer.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Load>b__58()
at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPage.Update()
at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPointNavigator.ProcessChanges()
at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPointNavigator.Update()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

I'm using the Thorium Mod, Calamity Mod, Wing Slot Mod, and Omniswing X. This started after I updated Calamity, it has never happened before now.

The steam folder, if you set it to install in the default location, would be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam the Terraria folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
[doublepost=1514935323,1514935086][/doublepost]Also, I have an issue of my own. When I try to Host and Play a world it will go through the steps, but at the point where I would normally load in, it crashes and says:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.Initializers.UILinksInitializer.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Load>b__58()
at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPage.Update()
at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPointNavigator.ProcessChanges()
at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPointNavigator.Update()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

I'm using the Thorium Mod, Calamity Mod, Wing Slot Mod, and Omniswing X. This started after I updated Calamity, it has never happened before now.
I got it by putting it in the Documents>My Games>Terraria. Thanks anyway!

I have a lot of mods loaded, Calamity Mod, Fargo's mod, Spirit Mod, Thorium Mod, Quality of life, IMKSushi's mod, The Antiaris mod, Tremor mod remastered. I wanted the most bosses, most weapons and ultimate experience. The Antiaris mod, as it seems is a standalone mod, as outside of spawned items/enemies/crafting/loot some of the Antiaris unique aspects were not created alongside the world generation which I guess is fine, but I feel like something happened.

And for whatever reason, I do have theories, but I can't summon the goblin army properly, AT best one goblin enemy randomly appears (the Goblin Standard bearer) I believe and that's a modded goblin as well, and I might get 1% off but then the goblin army progress bar immediately disappears, very similarly to when you can catch invasion enemies but they are in long place, suggesting for some reason, I can't find their "center spawn" location. which has always been annoying by the way, but there doesn't seem to be a "spawn" point from where the goblin army can keep spawning and attack me (as far as I am aware), and the weirdest part is even when I consume the goblin army standard, it makes the boss summon noise but it doesn't even say "Goblins are invading from the east/west" it just occasionally seems to spawn a goblin enemy and then the progress disappears. On top of that I couldn't even summon a goblin army invasion even on my thorium map even though I've done it countless times.

Now I thought all I wanted was the Goblin Tinkerer so I disabled all mods except Thorium (since I played it and I know I've encountered the goblin army), and I managed to beat the goblin army (screwing up my modded chest items, such as ruin dungeon chests, the spirit mod ruin chest that held some items, and likely the glacier biome chests as well, though I've yet to receive an ice key from a "coldtrap" I believe.

But okay fine, that's why I created an alternate world, to loot from. The only issue is that apparently the spirit mod, requires me to get a loot item from the Goblin Army, the Mechromancer, in order to summon the next boss I want to fight.

Now I want to know and I think its possible, if I just create a spirit mod only map, and only have the spirit mod active, and get some powerful vanilla terraria armor, and weapons (post moon lord, or something like that), it really shouldn't interfere with my other maps, right? (only when you disabled mods and entered the world would it be a problem, right?

But if anyone has suggestions as to why I can't properly fight an invasion, and maybe a way to fix it, while not having to disable which mod might be responsible. Or is there a mod, that allows you to "spawn" items allowing you to use them, so maybe if this also extends to any other invasion/event, like Pirate or Martian, I could just use that item spawn mod to get the items I require especially items that might be rare for conflicting loot tables (if that's even a thing), I don't like cheating, but outside of a bunch of different mod worlds and ONLY enter those worlds with those mods, and make sure to not enter my all mod world with my mods disabled, that might be my only other alternative.

It would be very disappointing however that I won't be able to fight the enemies in those other invasions, and I'm really hoping that this issue is ONLY being applied to the Goblin Army, Since I can't use the boss checklist mod to check off those events, what would be even more problematic, though I don't think it will be an issue is moon lord content, since I don't think they qualify as an invasion, and events like the Blood moon are more than acceptable to occur.

Or as I've said maybe I just need to create maps of all the other mods, and only use that mod for loot purposes while making sure not to enter my heavily modded world until all the mods are enabled, this I think would be possible, but extremely time consuming (as enabling and disabling and reloading mods is time consuming).

EDIT: This problem has been resolved, the constant random goblin spawns appearing and the progress bar appearing and disappearing bothered me too much, so I took a fast end game wing character and looked around, and the goblin's spawned in the ocean biome, more specifically at the moment until I see otherwise, the right side ocean biome, OR maybe it's the jungle side ocean biome (if my jungle is on the right side of the map)< or maybe the aquatic depths side of the ocean. I don't know but some mod changed the spawn location of the goblin event so far of two instances on the complete right side ocean biome. Don't know what mod forced the goblins to spawn in the ocean, but this resolves any issue I had (shame I didn't figure this out sooner, before I ruined my modded chest content).

Leaving my problem still here in case people encounter similar problems, if you get event enemies, a weird progress bar, CHANCES are, you need to find the right spawn location in order to complete the event.

Last edited:
I have a lot of mods loaded, Calamity Mod, Fargo's mod, Spirit Mod, Thorium Mod, Quality of life, IMKSushi's mod, The Antiaris mod, Tremor mod remastered. I wanted the most bosses, most weapons and ultimate experience. The Antiaris mod, as it seems is a standalone mod, as outside of spawned items/enemies/crafting/loot some of the Antiaris unique aspects were not created alongside the world generation which I guess is fine, but I feel like something happened.

And for whatever reason, I do have theories, but I can't summon the goblin army properly, AT best one goblin enemy randomly appears (the Goblin Standard bearer) I believe and that's a modded goblin as well, and I might get 1% off but then the goblin army progress bar immediately disappears, very similarly to when you can catch invasion enemies but they are in long place, suggesting for some reason, I can't find their "center spawn" location. which has always been annoying by the way, but there doesn't seem to be a "spawn" point from where the goblin army can keep spawning and attack me (as far as I am aware), and the weirdest part is even when I consume the goblin army standard, it makes the boss summon noise but it doesn't even say "Goblins are invading from the east/west" it just occasionally seems to spawn a goblin enemy and then the progress disappears. On top of that I couldn't even summon a goblin army invasion even on my thorium map even though I've done it countless times.

Now I thought all I wanted was the Goblin Tinkerer so I disabled all mods except Thorium (since I played it and I know I've encountered the goblin army), and I managed to beat the goblin army (screwing up my modded chest items, such as ruin dungeon chests, the spirit mod ruin chest that held some items, and likely the glacier biome chests as well, though I've yet to receive an ice key from a "coldtrap" I believe.

But okay fine, that's why I created an alternate world, to loot from. The only issue is that apparently the spirit mod, requires me to get a loot item from the Goblin Army, the Mechromancer, in order to summon the next boss I want to fight.

Now I want to know and I think its possible, if I just create a spirit mod only map, and only have the spirit mod active, and get some powerful vanilla terraria armor, and weapons (post moon lord, or something like that), it really shouldn't interfere with my other maps, right? (only when you disabled mods and entered the world would it be a problem, right?

But if anyone has suggestions as to why I can't properly fight an invasion, and maybe a way to fix it, while not having to disable which mod might be responsible. Or is there a mod, that allows you to "spawn" items allowing you to use them, so maybe if this also extends to any other invasion/event, like Pirate or Martian, I could just use that item spawn mod to get the items I require especially items that might be rare for conflicting loot tables (if that's even a thing), I don't like cheating, but outside of a bunch of different mod worlds and ONLY enter those worlds with those mods, and make sure to not enter my all mod world with my mods disabled, that might be my only other alternative.

It would be very disappointing however that I won't be able to fight the enemies in those other invasions, and I'm really hoping that this issue is ONLY being applied to the Goblin Army, Since I can't use the boss checklist mod to check off those events, what would be even more problematic, though I don't think it will be an issue is moon lord content, since I don't think they qualify as an invasion, and events like the Blood moon are more than acceptable to occur.

Or as I've said maybe I just need to create maps of all the other mods, and only use that mod for loot purposes while making sure not to enter my heavily modded world until all the mods are enabled, this I think would be possible, but extremely time consuming (as enabling and disabling and reloading mods is time consuming).

EDIT: This problem has been resolved, the constant random goblin spawns appearing and the progress bar appearing and disappearing bothered me too much, so I took a fast end game wing character and looked around, and the goblin's spawned in the ocean biome, more specifically at the moment until I see otherwise, the right side ocean biome, OR maybe it's the jungle side ocean biome (if my jungle is on the right side of the map)< or maybe the aquatic depths side of the ocean. I don't know but some mod changed the spawn location of the goblin event so far of two instances on the complete right side ocean biome. Don't know what mod forced the goblins to spawn in the ocean, but this resolves any issue I had (shame I didn't figure this out sooner, before I ruined my modded chest content).

Leaving my problem still here in case people encounter similar problems, if you get event enemies, a weird progress bar, CHANCES are, you need to find the right spawn location in order to complete the event.
It would be best if you posted this on the Antiaris forum. https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/antiaris.59884/

Hello. I maded mod yesterday. Today i updated it from linked github 2 times, but still not updated in mod browser. What should i do? (sry for my english. from russia)

Hello. I maded mod yesterday. Today i updated it from linked github 2 times, but still not updated in mod browser. What should i do? (sry for my english. from russia)
Sounds like you have it backwards. You publish as normal in game and github will be updated with the .tmod file in a release.

Can you make a tmod uninstaller? It just removes the mods from the game without removing the folder so we don't have to uninstall and reinstall terraria 10,000 times.

What is the mod name? I might try it out.
https://applemitanick.wixsite.com/handfightmod(very bad mod)
[doublepost=1515122281,1515122202][/doublepost]
Sounds like you have it backwards. You publish as normal in game and github will be updated with the .tmod file in a release.
thanks
[doublepost=1515122373][/doublepost]
https://applemitanick.wixsite.com/handfightmod(very bad mod)
[doublepost=1515122281,1515122202][/doublepost]
thanks
normal link: https://applemitanick.wixsite.com/handfightmod

UGHHH!!! This is completely not Tmodloader's fault, Just wondering why code changes so much....
So... I watched an old video on how to make wings...
and I put in all the code and it says this:
"1. c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MysticalAdditions\Items\DeojiWings.cs(16,30) : error CS0115: 'MysticalAdditions.Items.DeojiWings.Autoload(ref string, ref string, System.Collections.Generic.IList<Terraria.ModLoader.EquipType>)': no suitable method found to override

2. c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MysticalAdditions\Items\DeojiWings.cs(36,30) : error CS0115: 'MysticalAdditions.Items.DeojiWings.VerticalWingSpeeds(ref float, ref float, ref float, ref float, ref float)': no suitable method found to override

3. c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MysticalAdditions\Items\DeojiWings.cs(46,30) : error CS0115: 'MysticalAdditions.Items.DeojiWings.HorizontalWingSpeeds(ref float, ref float)': no suitable method found to override"

The code for this is:
"1. public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
{
equips.Add(EquipType.Wings);
return true;
}
2. public override void VerticalWingSpeeds(ref float ascentWhenFalling, ref float ascentWhenRising,
ref float maxCanAscendMultiplier, ref float maxAscentMultiplier, ref float constantAscend)
{
ascentWhenFalling = 0.85f;
ascentWhenRising = 0.15f;
maxCanAscendMultiplier = 1f;
maxAscentMultiplier = 3f;
constantAscend = 0.135f;
}
public override void HorizontalWingSpeeds(ref float speed, ref float acceleration)
{
speed = 13f;
acceleration *= 3f;
}"

UGHHH!!! This is completely not Tmodloader's fault, Just wondering why code changes so much....
So... I watched an old video on how to make wings...
and I put in all the code and it says this:
"1. c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MysticalAdditions\Items\DeojiWings.cs(16,30) : error CS0115: 'MysticalAdditions.Items.DeojiWings.Autoload(ref string, ref string, System.Collections.Generic.IList<Terraria.ModLoader.EquipType>)': no suitable method found to override

2. c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MysticalAdditions\Items\DeojiWings.cs(36,30) : error CS0115: 'MysticalAdditions.Items.DeojiWings.VerticalWingSpeeds(ref float, ref float, ref float, ref float, ref float)': no suitable method found to override

3. c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MysticalAdditions\Items\DeojiWings.cs(46,30) : error CS0115: 'MysticalAdditions.Items.DeojiWings.HorizontalWingSpeeds(ref float, ref float)': no suitable method found to override"

The code for this is:
"1. public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
{
equips.Add(EquipType.Wings);
return true;
}
2. public override void VerticalWingSpeeds(ref float ascentWhenFalling, ref float ascentWhenRising,
ref float maxCanAscendMultiplier, ref float maxAscentMultiplier, ref float constantAscend)
{
ascentWhenFalling = 0.85f;
ascentWhenRising = 0.15f;
maxCanAscendMultiplier = 1f;
maxAscentMultiplier = 3f;
constantAscend = 0.135f;
}
public override void HorizontalWingSpeeds(ref float speed, ref float acceleration)
{
speed = 13f;
acceleration *= 3f;
}"
I feel as though there's a coding "help" thread that you could post this in for better results on getting a solution for this. Also it seems like tmodloaders bandwidth has been reached today?

Hey devs! Can you help me? I'm trying to disable the knock-back of a projectile or just setting it to not effective (0), but I already tried so many ways that I don't know what I can do to solve this issue! Just to make it clear and fair, I tried to set
Code:
projectile.knockBack = 0;
in the AI() method, tried creating it with 0 knock-back in the
Code:
Projectile.NewProjectile()
method and also tried with a
Code:
Main.projectile[K].knockBack = 0;
right after creating it, but none of this worked...

Last edited:
Silently Caught Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at Terraria.TileObject.DrawPreview(SpriteBatch sb, TileObjectPreviewData op, Vector2 position) at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__14_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at Terraria.TileObject.DrawPreview(SpriteBatch sb, TileObjectPreviewData op, Vector2 position)
at Terraria.Main.DrawTiles(Boolean solidOnly, Int32 waterStyleOverride)
at Terraria.Main.RenderTiles2()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

While i add tile and keep it on my hands, i got this error. Help pls.

Hi, is there any to increase the amount of RAM Terraria can use? I'm playing with 14 mods and loading them takes a while

So I was making a mod that relies heavily on changing the names of items, buffs, and NPC's (as well as item descriptions) but somebody said I was doing it wrong but I can't figure out why. Here is the format I have been using for changing these.
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace changes
{
public class MyGlobalNPC : GlobalNPC
{
public override void SetDefaults(NPC npc)
{
if (Name == "Cursed Skull")
{
Name = "Flying Skull";
}
}
}
}
can somebody tell me what I've been doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom