Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there is not. It's really not a big deal, avoid enemies if you really want to. Banners are very useful since 1.3 anyways, they give bonuses against certain enemies.

You can't really avoid enemies when farming. I'm supposed to kill 150 celestial enemies and avoid them at the same time? I know they are useful in 1.3, but once you have one in each place you need them an invo full can be a little irksome. Serious pocket fillers.

You can't really avoid enemies when farming. I'm supposed to kill 150 celestial enemies and avoid them at the same time? I know they are useful in 1.3, but once you have one in each place you need them an invo full can be a little irksome. Serious pocket fillers.
Just keep a piggy bank on your at all times. If you really find it that annoying, you can place single banners within a pig or safe, and then quick-stack when your inventory fills up. Personally, I've never had this issue, and I've played the game for thousands of hours.

It's not a big issue, just wondered that's all. I carry a lot on me. All four celestial armours, at least two/three weapons from each class, plus information tools. Safe is full of potions and ingredients, and piggy is full of summons and crafting items. I'm a pack horse for sure. I normally only have a few slots left for collecting things, so pockets stuffers tend to get in the way lol.

Lol want an unplayable pos thanks for lowering the bar even more then the last guys did . Glad I’ve moved on just sad my old worlds wont stop flashen (or new ones I just made lol ) and will need to dust off an old ps3 to see them again. :)

I looked through a few pages but couldn't find an answer to these questions

1. What is going on with the trophies? Can we still get them? I was almost done with two of them before the update. I completed the requirements after the update but didn't get the trophies. Is the get all pets trophy unlockable now?

2. Can we still transfer our backuped worlds to the Vita version? I think I read that when the update converts our worlds, it also makes a backup. I'd like to transfer my world and character to the Vita so I can keep working on my trophies
1 the old trophy's are legacy and can not be obtained
2 no more ps4 saves onto vita because of the update
that's it

Yeah, I set up custom controls.
[doublepost=1514745576,1514745161][/doublepost]How do you view the Buff/debuff tooltips?
Go to the equip section, click on the chain icon, and scroll down past the slots (or press UP once) and they're below the slots. A real pain to read, and you have to keep blindly navigating until you find the right one. This is also where you can cancel the buffs.

Go to the equip section, click on the chain icon, and scroll down past the slots (or press UP once) and they're below the slots. A real pain to read, and you have to keep blindly navigating until you find the right one. This is also where you can cancel the buffs.

Ok, thanks.
[doublepost=1514914080,1514913661][/doublepost]
How do I bind my favourite weapons etc. to my D-pad?

Here's a link https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/

1. What is going on with the trophies? Can we still get them? I was almost done with two of them before the update. I completed the requirements after the update but didn't get the trophies. Is the get all pets trophy unlockable now?

@ClearConscious @WhiskeyNinja ^ can either of you shed some light here?

2. Can we still transfer our backuped worlds to the Vita version? I think I read that when the update converts our worlds, it also makes a backup. I'd like to transfer my world and character to the Vita so I can keep working on my trophies

You cannot take a converted save backwards to old gen. What you are referring to is that the conversion system does not overwrite the old version legacy saves - it just makes new converted ones. I am not sure if there is any way to do what you are asking (take the old saves back to vita, keep the converted one on PS4) - but I do know that you cannot go "back and forth" for a litany of reasons.

Good to know, thanks. However, this was just one example. The same applies to anything that you know that you want, but it might not be apparent what the crafting ingredients should be. As I stated, a time consuming trial and error system which makes the game less fun.

I would just search it up the item on Google and go to the Terraria gamepedia or wikia website, thats usually what I do.

I know this has been beaten to death but, the UI is impossible to read. I don't mind the format but, Item stats need to be moved so they do not overlap other portions of the UI. I think the UI needs to be less opaque, I sit 15+ feet away from my tv (65" 4K Sony) and it is extremely hard to distinguish items in my inventory and chests.

I also think that there is underutilization of the controller (PS4). I miss the touch pad zoom. However, could there be swipe 'hotkey' functions built in? could we make a long hold hotkey menu similar to Elite Dangerous on console?

In the controller options the shading between options is so light that it is almost impossible to read.

I don't know if this has been pointed out already, but you guys do realize that most of your problems in multiplayer stem from the game creating multiple copies of itself. It's what causing the lag and players worlds being overridden. You can actually see mobs copying themselves in real time, which in turn is causing extreme lag. At the same time pay attention to the background and small details in the world. You'll see flickering and ever so slight differences in the environment from player to player. I could witness this as we had 3 PS4 playing Terraria in the same room. It stands to reason that if the game in making multiple copies of itself during gameplay, then that's why worlds are being overridden. Which happened to my wife, she lost her entire world and all the progress she made.

Now before I give my opinion/rant on this update, know that I love this game and have brought 8 copies of Terraria... 3 for PS4, 3 for PC and 1 each for 360 and PS3. Just wanted to put that out there so you don't dismiss this as a snarky trolling. With that said, this update is pure garbage. Sorry, there is no other way to say it. It's just as bad, if not worse that the 1.2 update. There is no way this update was properly tested, just no way. You can fire up this update on a PS4 and within 30mins find multiple bugs, performance problems and UI issues. The "can't see all bugs until it's out in the wild" saying doesn't hold water as the PS4 is a closed environment, unlike the PC. There is zero excuse for this bad of an update, especially considering the time it took, and the constant statements that it was taking so long to make sure it was as bug free as possible.

I saw this coming when you guys issued the "One Terraria" statement. I knew this was going to be a rushed PC port, which history has shown is a very bad idea. Just look at the dumpster fire that is MC Better Together edition. They tried the same thing, except those geniuses decided to make all versions like the pocket edition. Consoles are different for a reason, and you can't just shove a PC game on it and call it a day. Very disappointed that Terraria took the same route.

As much as we love Terraria, we'll be skipping any release of Other World or any other Terraria spin-off.

you can still earn trophies...i think some of the counters might have been reset for them though. or the "back for seconds" trophy is just inherently bugged. im not 100% sure but i think everything that got removed from consoles never counted towards the trophies anyways.

I don't know if this has been pointed out already, but you guys do realize that most of your problems in multiplayer stem from the game creating multiple copies of itself. It's what causing the lag and players worlds being overridden. You can actually see mobs copying themselves in real time, which in turn is causing extreme lag. At the same time pay attention to the background and small details in the world. You'll see flickering and ever so slight differences in the environment from player to player. I could witness this as we had 3 PS4 playing Terraria in the same room. It stands to reason that if the game in making multiple copies of itself during gameplay, then that's why worlds are being overridden. Which happened to my wife, she lost her entire world and all the progress she made.

Now before I give my opinion/rant on this update, know that I love this game and have brought 8 copies of Terraria... 3 for PS4, 3 for PC and 1 each for 360 and PS3. Just wanted to put that out there so you don't dismiss this as a snarky trolling. With that said, this update is pure garbage. Sorry, there is no other way to say it. It's just as bad, if not worse that the 1.2 update. There is no way this update was properly tested, just no way. You can fire up this update on a PS4 and within 30mins find multiple bugs, performance problems and UI issues. The "can't see all bugs until it's out in the wild" saying doesn't hold water as the PS4 is a closed environment, unlike the PC. There is zero excuse for this bad of an update, especially considering the time it took, and the constant statements that it was taking so long to make sure it was as bug free as possible.

I saw this coming when you guys issued the "One Terraria" statement. I knew this was going to be a rushed PC port, which history has shown is a very bad idea. Just look at the dumpster fire that is MC Better Together edition. They tried the same thing, except those geniuses decided to make all versions like the pocket edition. Consoles are different for a reason, and you can't just shove a PC game on it and call it a day. Very disappointed that Terraria took the same route.

As much as we love Terraria, we'll be skipping any release of Other World or any other Terraria spin-off.

I had said this exact thing much earlier and was repeatedly told that it was tested. I brought up if they tested it on live worlds and with console players, they said yes that was done too. However when I asked what kind of monitor and/or version of the PS4 (4k or standard), that was not known. So if all answers were yes, but the system/television type was not known, how then was it controlled?

And to bring up one valid point: Saves and accounts are specific and tied together. I cannot download a save file from my profile and then copy it into another person's profile. I have to load MY profile and character. So, how did users submit their saved files? What line/section of code was modified to make it a universal save file? This was never answered, not the request to talk to the testing team.

Terraria has sat unplayed. Check out Munchkin Quest...it's about 40-60 dollars and an awesome board game.

I had said this exact thing much earlier and was repeatedly told that it was tested. I brought up if they tested it on live worlds and with console players, they said yes that was done too. However when I asked what kind of monitor and/or version of the PS4 (4k or standard), that was not known. So if all answers were yes, but the system/television type was not known, how then was it controlled?

Since I answered this before: because I was personally not sitting there over their shoulders watching said testing. You would have to ask each tester themselves what they used overall or on any given day. @ClearConscious may know, but I have no clue what kind of TV was used. Systems would by definition be devkits of various kinds (not to get into those weeds) - and yes, that is a standard approach (before someone translates the term 'devkit' to mean something other than what it actually is).

And to bring up one valid point: Saves and accounts are specific and tied together. I cannot download a save file from my profile and then copy it into another person's profile. I have to load MY profile and character. So, how did users submit their saved files?

Request was made here and across social media in June.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/ps3-ps4-saved-data-request.59306/

Many people sent in worlds of various ages that were used in the referenced testing.

the request to talk to the testing team

We have gone over this. Not happening. That is just silly.

The game *was* tested by a group of technical side and subject matter side experts. That much is fact. I am as baffled as anyone as to why - that being the case - all of these issues came to pass. Not talking about the "feedback" stuff - more to the bug side of the fence. The feedback stuff is more subjective - though, again, voices have been heard/documented/will be discussed on that as there are likely tweaks and options that can be done to make things more universally palatable.

That said, absent internal discussions about that topic (how did that happen, what changed between testing and live that yielded different results, how can we be certain it doesn't again, etc, etc.) that will obviously occur as a part of the launch review, that whole line of ranting bears literally zero fruit towards fixing the issues in front of us.

Not excusing it - focusing on fixing it. By extension, focused on discussions that will yield results to that end.

How come my world's get overridden by my friends when I join them. Is this a bug or is it a new game mechanic because I have now lost 2 worlds all because I went to help my friend with stuff on his world

Since I answered this before: because I was personally not sitting there over their shoulders watching said testing. You would have to ask each tester themselves what they used overall or on any given day. @ClearConscious may know, but I have no clue what kind of TV was used. Systems would by definition be devkits of various kinds (not to get into those weeds) - and yes, that is a standard approach (before someone translates the term 'devkit' to mean something other than what it actually is).

@Siftermalik We tested on PS4 & PS4 Pro. Various TV/Monitor brands at different sizes. Our internal testing is pretty robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom