Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by ClearConscious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Moat

Moat Terrarian

?

How is "probably not going to happen" not useful feedback?

(be honest, they won't recode all console UI's written in C++ in Unity after ditching it... that would take some serious effort)

sjalv likes this.
  2. Grudgemom

Grudgemom Terrarian

Not until next year. They aren't even starting on it until after Xbne is released and bug fixes made on both Xbone and PS4.

3. StarWarrior111

StarWarrior111 Eye of Cthulhu

Whenever 1.3 update notification came up, i may have screamed, jumped, danced, and ran around the house excited than what I've ever been
    Pipeworks, you came a long way and made it here, congratulations on finishing the update and as of for me, guess i'm gonna play terraria HARD!

I_rike_wettoast likes this.
  4. Moat

Moat Terrarian

Be sure to come back and let us know how you feel about the new experience!

5. Sharcy

Sharcy Terrarian

I had six worlds on PS4 and it took like an hour to get all of them and my character ready to go, the controls were certainly a bit strange at first, but being able to rebind everything makes me a happy draggy, and so far, the update has not failed to impress me and my brother, whom I convinced to purchase the game for ps4 today. I know you have a direct line to pipeworks, so tell 'em Sharcy approves. XD

6. ED209

ED209 Plantera

Found it, but you still have to allocate the items every time you enter a world. Why can't they be perminant?

SnipinPixi and Moat like this.
  7. Lex1253

Lex1253 Terrarian

I need help, my cat unplugged my PS4 when she jumped on my TV's stand. My Terraria world was converting, and I am too scared to open it again, can someone please tell me what is going to happen when I do open it?

Moat likes this.
  8. ED209

ED209 Plantera

Does that mean they're skipping 1.3.1 and going straight to 1.3.4?

9. Lex1253

Lex1253 Terrarian

Yes.

10. ED209

ED209 Plantera

Sorry if someone else has already pointed this out, but I don't think it dawned on anyone, myself included, the PC users sit WAY closer to their screens than we do.

Xepherys, PlutoTheGod, tohann and 2 others like this.
  11. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No.

12. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

No plan has been announced for when/what content in the next iteration of this process.

I'm sure they have considered it. I recall one of the Pipeworks people talking about this during one of the streams, how the UI has to be readable from a greater distance and scale properly when in split-screen mode. I would presume that Sony tested this as well (though I don't know that for sure).

I don't have a PS4 myself and thus can't see what you are seeing, but I'm confident this PC/console difference was taken into account.

13. Moat

Moat Terrarian

Yes.
    No.
    Yes.
    No.

How about adding some constructive feedback as the administrator would say.

14. Grudgemom

Grudgemom Terrarian

Likely the same thing as the conversion issue they're already working on. Basically there is a copy of all your original world's so if it goes kablooey they can recovery it after the hotfix they're working on.

15. Lex1253

Lex1253 Terrarian

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

16. Grudgemom

Grudgemom Terrarian

I believe 1.3.1 is the update we just got. 1.3.4 is the next update with planned additional content and bug fixes that they chose to hold until after release in order to get the game out.

17. ClearConscious

ClearConscious Community Manager Staff Member Pipeworks Studio

1.3.0.7 with a few things from 1.3.1.

bgardner104 likes this.
  18. Lex1253

Lex1253 Terrarian

No. They said this is 1.3.4, I think we'll get another update like 1.3.6.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 15, 2017 ---
    Nevermind then.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2017 ---
    PL
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE.

19. sjalv

sjalv Terrarian

I really have to agree with ED209 on this one. Unless you are on top of the TV screen you can’t tell what you’re looking at in the inventory/when crafting. The now transparent background and tiny text that is on top of the items is confusing and complicated.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to have this update and I’m so excited to see all of the new and exciting changes, but I can’t even easily build a home in my new world let alone explore.

PlutoTheGod and Moat like this.
  20. ClearConscious

ClearConscious Community Manager Staff Member Pipeworks Studio

I would go ahead and try again.

Xepherys likes this.