• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Neiryx

Terrarian
I think a demonic set would work nicely for a vanity drop in Hell. The set pieces, along with working with each other, would likely be aesthetically appealing alongside other pieces too! It's a very simple design but I hope it is one you will consider!
simpledesign.PNG

Jabou

Terrarian
Terraria Vanity Sub.png

Here's My fun little Submission. Thought it would be a good idea to give a nod to recent significant events. so I made Covid-19 protective gear. i wasn't sure which one to pick for the head so i just added both.

I also think of this as a bit of a tribute to the medical personnel who're trying their hardest to deal with the situation
even though this'll probably get lost in all of the submissions, lemme know what you think of it ( ´ ω ` ).

Best of luck to everyone!!

Last edited:

Gwabbadratle

Terrarian

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
View attachment 237656
Yes i aint exactly a great artist, ill repost that post that i had to repost.
As of noblest of nobles in dark days, everyone was looking nice, from peasants to kings in purple,
it would be art, but imagine those Lords in middle? They are the middle, the perfect balance of Peasant and King...
no seriosly, they are. The set is simple, its old medieval like armor, rusted on sides but still offers the looks,
of course you may say, thats an armor, to which i say, like an armor can protect you from 100 lasers spewed by
a giant mecha worm, anyway, the helmet is simple standard afare, nothing to spectacular, though the visor does go down
when you climb on someone's back. The chest is simple too, some should pads, some staps, simple bolts or, whatever they had,
suprisingly clean unlike the rest of the set, but it still kept in the same zone. And finally the legs, we don't want our things poking out,
so pants and legs are important, sadly while the boots aren't as clean, from all the dirt and rocks, the upper part is very well standing,
bit of chain where the knees should be, and knee pads if im not mistaken, sadly, its bit scratched, probably from all the worms
coming beneath it and trying to feed on the fellow, whoever he was... wonder where he is. Anyway, thats about,
there is no need for it to be over the top, it should be a standard 'reward' here you go thing, from all we went trough...
that does not mean for it to drop from a boss but, if thats the plan, preferably not the worms.
Do note me if i have to post this somewhere else.
Not again, this is a copy paste, if i failed to meet some requirement, or need to redo something, just note me.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

Negletnem

Terrarian
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.24.38 pm.png
Image result for big boss MGS GZ

A MGSV:GZ/MGSPW Big Boss design on the left and the right is the photo I used for reference I don't own that photo in anyway but the drawing is 100% done by me, I'm horrible with proportions but it still includes some effort, the outfit includes:

- Iconic Bandana for the head
- Chest area of the Ground Zeroes/Peace Walker MSF sneaking suit, which I had badly attempted to make the Outer Heaven and FOX present on the arms, but it doesn't do much, other then that it includes the buff the suit gives off, harness and other little details the suit has.
- Legs of the Ground Zeroes/Peace Walker MSF sneaking suit, I had trouble finding the ways to add extra details but all I could come up with was different shading, there isn't much left to add but there we go

I'm just a Metal Gear fan who got into the world after it was already dead from MG:S, so I just wanted to try to have a reference to the classic games in one of my own personal favorite games, I'd be very happy to hear if you enjoy what I've made (despite my artwork being horrible) if you don't, then good for you.

Last edited:

Ninjer

Terrarian
this is my stealth costume, it would drop from goodie bags from the Halloween event and it would come in three pieces the Stealth Mask, Stealth Shirt, and Stealth Leggings
(i tried to resemble some fancy stealth costume with a gas mask)

Attachments

Last edited:

Jojo7jpb

Terrarian
i dont have a name but you hopefully can get a good one but i will try to think of one i made this in krita the art thing

and some hair will stick out as it wont be flat like the clothiers hat it will be slightly angled

also the collar can be facing up around the neck but i couldnt draw it and it look like anything close

thanks for reading and looking!

also just noticeed a typo its meant to say can not cab

terraria vanity contest.jpg

Last edited:

DarkDream

Terrarian
I created this design in order to represent my group of terraria friends (DarkDream)!
Design inspired by demons with big horn, men in coat and the shine of Shadowflame Knife (terraria item Shadowflame_Knife.png ).
If chosen I want the name to be "DarkDream" representing my friends!

DarkDream art terraria.jpg

If possible, I imagined a smoke effect when running the same or similar to Shadowflame Knife (Terraria item Shadowflame_Knife.png ).

Think of these animations if possible.
-Crystal effect on the horn.
-Effect on arcane hand.

pixil-gif-drawing.gif

Schwersaltz

Terrarian
"Archfiend" Set
It has three horns, one on the helmet and two on shoulder plates.
The body in the picture is looking full right, just wanted to point this out to avoid confusion, I'm no artist.

Attachments

Last edited:

AwesomeChaos

Terrarian
491F4192-038D-41EA-BC13-B619A09F8817.jpeg

Vanity Set Name: The Soul-Forged Set

Drops From: Red Devil (7.5% chance)

It’s a set of armor that was crafted by
demons, it has a direct connection to the wearer’s soul.

When the player’s health is at 100% while all 3 pieces are equipped in the vanity slots, the “accents” of the armor will glow a bright magenta/purple (See top right). This glow will fade as the player takes more damage, and when the player is at 50% health, the armor will fade completely, and appear normal.

(If dynamic glowing sets aren’t possible, ignore the glowing idea.)

TITLE: The cloud set
IMG_1358.PNG

The body while one part is equipped is what the user has equipped besides that. It would be nice if it could have an animation while hovering above the ground. Also it gives off a wind and rain effect when full set is equipped (depends on time of day) (wind during day and rain during night). (obtained from cloud houses).

Last edited:

God of Games

Terrarian
God of Games.png
that is my OC God of games, it is made out of my favourite game characters
note: the eye is glowing (not making any light, just the eye can be seen in the dark) (also sorry for my bad english)
Good luck everyone!

Top Bottom