• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deapred

Terrarian
There is my submission :

Attachments

• Capture 2020-04-05 15_27_40.png
    Capture 2020-04-05 15_27_40.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 44

TrIpTiCuS

Terrarian
Runic Warrior Large A-export.gif

My submission, the Runic Warrior set! Opted to do pixel art directly since it's what I know best.

The Runic Warrior set is a dark, mysterious suit of armour, featuring strange, glowing runes, a luminescent pink crystal in the chest and a fashionable cape to tie it all together! Noone quite knows where the suit came from originally, but it appears to be ancient as the runes that dot the suit's cape are impossible to translate. Just what its purpose was and who originally wore it is a mystery, and mysteries make for huge fashion statements!

The cape would wave behind the character as they walk, and be dotted with the little green glowing dots we see elsewhere on the suit as a standin for mysterious runes in an ancient language. Also I realise now that the boots and gloves don't really stand out from the template character underneath but they're meant to be sortoff a silvery colour.

Last edited:

Alstroemeria

Terrarian
Do you remember the first time you played Terraria? If you're like me, you probably were greeted by one or two bunnies and a couple green and blue slimes. If you're also like me, you probably saw how the poor bunnies were crushed to death by gelatinous blobs or stabbed and shot by players and Guides alike. And if you're really similar to me, you might have wondered, what if these poor balls of white fur had a bigger, stronger and meaner cousin living on the moon? No? Just me? Alright, let me explain.

Many cultures have a legend that connects rabbits to the moon, saying that they originally came from there, or that there are rabbits living on it right now. But what if this was actually the case in Terraria? What if there was a race of human-sized, technologically advanced rabbits? What if the critters that we constantly kill on purpose or on accident were a smaller, less intelligent cousin of the Lunar Rabbits? Considering the amount of moon related stuff Terraria already has, this felt like a match made in heaven.

And so the Lunar Rabbits were born, an ancient race of, well, rabbits who lived on the moon.

Now extinct, they left us Terrarians a futuristic looking armor who suits any class, but is specially fitting for both rangers and people who get mad when you "accidentally" kill a bunny. It takes inspiration from real life riot gear and gas masks, but also the Cyborg, Vortex and Shroomite Sets, and the Rabbit Team from Lobotomy Corporation. The color palette is actually lifted from the Vortex set, but the armor is designed with dyes in mind, so you can color the cyan bits with your favorite color while the rest of the armor remains gray.

On a more technical side, the main components of the set are the rabbit ears, the fur and the big, round eyes. Smaller details like the segmentation of the ears, the tubes coming out of the mask and overall shape of the chest piece are not as important and may not translate well into the very small and very pixelated player sprite. I'd say it's not too over the top while still being a complex design for its size. I'm very bad a pixel art, but I did my best to take the limitations of the medium into account when making this.

The Last Lunar Rabbit (design).png

I'm honestly very proud of it, and while it would be nice to get chosen as a finalist and even get my design into the game, I'm just glad I managed to design something for a style I'm not familiar at all. (How do you guys even manage to make armors look as good as they do with so few pixels?)

Anyways, enough rambling, good luck everyone!

Zero_12

Terrarian

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• EA0BB9EF-E03C-446C-9920-24702D944ECD.jpeg
    EA0BB9EF-E03C-446C-9920-24702D944ECD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

Mark·Watney

Terrarian
this is my work, it's a kind of placement weapon, belonging to the later stage.

To produce up to three pieces from a crystal.

Lightning attacks enemy .

3915bfdfdbd9649f.png

Crystal uses light blue halo to highlight its power
The column adopts visual impact to show its extraordinary
The protruding part at the bottom is the energy filling area (my ability is limited, and I can't draw a moving picture). Use the big gem as the filling energy block
Its field size is 3 times 5

Delljake21

Terrarian
I made this Delljake's space suit
the suit is most suitable with the laser rifle
the suit belongs to delljake, this is the special space suit given to the very secretive special task force 512 SBR it is the new issued armour forged with Special Diamond Titanium infused carbon fiber in which the suit is dipped in shroomite which is why its blue it will soon be issued to the world of terraria to defend us in what's coming in 1.4 journey's end.

PNG image.png

SDMG_wyx

Terrarian
Here is my design--The Chinese Emperor Set !
I designed a emperor's crown and a dragon robe. So the set only contains two parts , just like The Rune Set in the game .
The pictures can be used in the game by just transforming it into .xnb .
I hope this dignity Chinese Emperor Set will be selected !

Attachments

• Emperor.png
    Emperor.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Emperor (2).png
    Emperor (2).png
    1.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Emperor.png
    Emperor.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Emperor (3).png
    Emperor (3).png
    4.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Emperor (4).png
    Emperor (4).png
    4 KB · Views: 32
  • Emperor (5).png
    Emperor (5).png
    4.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Emperor (6).png
    Emperor (6).png
    4 KB · Views: 30

Xenomile

Terrarian
Here is my submission
View attachment 237608
- Drew it in Adobe Animate.

Design Features:
- A helmet that resembles an ant, the helmet is yellowish-orange
- A chestplate and leggings that are dark-gray (with a slight hint of purple)
- Leggings that are dark-gray and purplish.
- The chestplate has a purple spiky design pattern
- Gloves and boots are the same color as the helmet
- The helmet has eye slots (which are a light-grayish blue)
- Has a "speaking slot" which is a darker blue than the eye slots.

"Micidae Knight" - Sworn to protect their queen (who is fond of ants) this knight is a very furious fighter and will go to any length to make sure the queen is safe.

"Micidae" was taken from the ants scientific name which is Formicidae (at least according to google)

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Here, my submission since I accidentally posted it in the wrong spot,twice(sorry)
IMG_20200412_150536.png

Zortogg

Terrarian
Behold! My idea for the Terraria Vanity Contest! What beith it thy may ask? Tis some gaseous amalgamation, a man who has been so consumed in his toxic purge of the many enemies in the vast land of Terraria, that he has been consumed by the very thing he wields, his flesh and bones becoming the hazardous material he so loved. Featuring: the Toxic Trooper. Ripped jeans, black hoodie, steel-toed boots, a gas mask, and a full capsule of his substance strapped to his back make this vanity costume a full set. Perhaps you'll find this collection in the land of toxins and pain: The Jungle. Or mayhaps one of the frequently found Toxic Sludges may indulge you with this critically acclaimed fashion of the year. So get out there young adventurers and claim your prize before the time is too late! Special thanks to the gorlfriend for assisting me in the drawing.
Capture.PNG
Toxic Drawing.png

Last edited:

Sin of Greed

Terrarian
Hello everyone,

Here is my design for fire vanity outfit for us who love the idea of fire!
Here is a couple notes on the outfit i want to add in text to make it clear as possible:

-Outfit has a fire glow to it, but of course won't cause any light in game.

- notice the ground behind the legs as it leave a tiny little trail of fire behind each step.

-Names of my design:
-Flamara
-Fire Spirit
-Sun-eater
at the end i understand developers decision! I can't wait to see all the other designs! thank you for the opportunity, I had so much fun!
flamara.jpg

Jimmy2007

Terrarian
Jwood.png

This design is inspired by the well known boss,the destroyer. The orbs are a replacement for hands and arms. I want to make the player FEEL like the destroyer but also make the design different from the original so when you are fighting the destroyer the player is not confused on who they are.

Anyway have a good day and stay healthy.

Bagleboi

Terrarian
Hello terrariens! Fist of all i want to give a big thanks to user omanora who made an amazing design that inspired me to make a vanity set myself. so a massiv thanks to him/her. i know that im a little late but i have worked on this design for a while an i like it quite a lot and i hope you will like it to i call it the "Beyond worlds". good luck to everyone <3

(Edit) this is my first time pixelarting btw :D

Attachments

• Beyond worlds.jpg
    Beyond worlds.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

UNDEADWARRIOR76

Terrarian
I created The Outlander.
I have a love for post apocalypse fighters and I feel he personifies it. A man lost in this deserted world making his way through and seeing whats left behind. With the theme of radioactivity, if its possible I'd like him to emit a light green aura of light.

The character is emphasized with a green radioactive accent. He has green radioactive goggles to his gas mask and carries glowing grenades. The rest of his outfit is torn up old gear consisting of cape, hood, and old fireman's pants.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Untitled presentation (4).jpg

download.pngTerrariaCharacter (1)11.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom