Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call this the "Calderagon" armor set.

An armor set stylized with dragon-like features and glowing components that present a fiery look.
The armor is primarily a pastel purple with certain features being colored a deep violet and others colored an orange-yellow. The fabric under the main plating is colored maroon.
The set consists of a mask, a chestplate complete with full arm wear, and a pair of leggings.

I've also included uncolored snips of the original sketches that the final colored design is based on mainly because the final design and the sketches look very similar to one another, so the sketches could be used to get a better idea of the final design. If not just ignore them.

Full_Color.jpg

^ Full Final Design (Colored) with Previous Iterations Cut Out from Different Design Sheets (Uncolored/Sketches)

A few notes on the different pieces of the set or the full set itself:

-Every part of the armor set that is an orangish-yellow is meant to have a magma-like glow that is visible in darkness (horns, spikes, opening in the core of the chestplate, hand and boot talons, eyes, etc.).

-The diamond shape in the center of the chestplate is supposed to be an opening that emits the same glow as mentioned above, and doesn't contain anything within the opening except the light that is being emitted. Just wanted to state this to clear up confusion because I am pretty bad at indicating depth.

-The chestplate has a few spots that have been colored in with black, these are supposed to represent the openings that reveal the insides of the chestplate and are not actually apart of the set's color palette.

-The big violet scale in the top front center of the leggings' waist is supposed to fit into the indent at the bottom front center of the chestplate. Thought it would be neater to mention it here instead of on the paper itself.

-The eyes on the front/side mask perspective are a little greyed out due to the lead smearing with the color, so for clarification the three eyes are meant to be orange-yellow and are intended to glow in-game.

Mask_Color.jpg

^ Final Mask Design

Mask_Sketch.jpg

^ Mask Sketch from Other Concept Papers

Chestplate_Color.jpg

^ Final Chestplate and Arm Design with Concept Arm Sketch

Leggings_Color.jpg

^ Final Legging Design with Concept Legging Designs

Full_Sketch.jpg

^ Full Final Design Before Coloring, Early Concept Sketches Included

Apologies if this post takes up an entire forum page. ;(

me and a friend made an outfit that changes depending on the biome with a neato skeeto wavy scarf. Not all biomes are present though as we didn’t have enough time.
(right to left, top to bottom)
forest jungle desert
crimson corruption hallow

Attachments

• 786286BD-2384-4136-B377-E7EBDD29AFA9.jpeg
    786286BD-2384-4136-B377-E7EBDD29AFA9.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 143
Please be amazed by the Wyvern Vanity Armor set design, which includes a wyvern hood, wyvern torso, and wyvern legs.

In order to obtain the
Wyvern armor set you would either get pieces in a 1 in 5 chance drop (or something similar) after defeating a wyvern, or you could craft the armor with Souls of Flight. The hood would require 20 pieces to craft, 30 for the torso, and 25 for the legs.

The Wyvern armor’s description would be "Harness the power of space.”

The
Wyvern armor is created with the hide of a Wyvern, the hood includes the head of a wyvern and has the tip of the tail attached on the back which flows in the Terrarian breeze. The torso is made up of the front leg section which utilizes the wyvern legs to cover your arms but it has the back spines attached along the arms and naturally along your spine. The front of the torso contains the belly scales. The legs also have the spine running down the back of the leg and have the belly scales on the bottom of the boots to protect your feet.

I used pixilart.com to create my masterpiece.

Thank you for your consideration and thank you for making the best game ever!

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.50.33 PM.png

Attachments

• terraria-wyvern-set-pixilart.png
    terraria-wyvern-set-pixilart.png
    744 bytes · Views: 86
IMG_3593[1].JPG
I thought some color changing vanity items to showcase possibly important information would be nice. The mask's tears change colors based on weather effects. The kimono shows different designs based on rare loot such as the real enchanted sword shrines, chests, bound npcs, etc. The edge accents on the boots change to a main color for the closest rare enemy. The boots could be changed to have a more oriental/Japanese aesthetic to match closer to the mask and kimono.

I know you have literal thousands on entires, but I was hoping mine would at least make it to the list of honorable mentions. In honesty, I wasn't sure I was going to post it, but I was eventually convinced into such by a close friend.

Overall, the piece is called the "Mactans Makeover." It's meant to replace just about any and all accessories and attire that could be displayed other than the ones provided. (Quick note, the skin stayed as the default appears to take into account the player's skin color choice.) The top two appearances show the full vanity set, while the bottom two appearances are meant to show the tail without as long of hair and/or without the head piece. (I'm willing to admit, I didn't put another hairstyle on them because I didn't believe I had enough time.) When it comes to obtaining it, I was hoping to make it a set that was able to be crafted, yet I hadn't any specific ideas in mind. If any ideas do appear, I'd be fully willing to hear them.

For the head piece, it's called "Floofy Hair." I added in a bit more hair to hairstyle 56, alongside some canine ears (The left ear, as shown on the right, being bent) and was hoping for the chance of a hairstyle that wouldn't just be a mirror of its other side. Mainly because I haven't seen a hairstyle that wasn't of that nature as of yet. For the torso, it's called the "Soft Oversized Sweater." It's just a sweater with a single stripe and longer sleeves than normal. For the pants, they're called "Soft Sweats With Floof". They're grey sweatpants accompanied by a purple tail that gradually becomes lighter in shade as it continues.

Final note, if this does somehow manage to get picked, I'm willing to hear any and all suggestions of edits for it that could be made. The program I used was Fire Alpaca.
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.31.57 PM.png

With the new bunny stuff spoilers, I remembered one of my old OC's and thought that this would be really cool to see in the game
It's a "bunny mage" costume with the head slot being the bunny ears and the body slot being the robe

Bunny Mage.jpg

This is my submission to this thread.
Cosmic wanderer no arms.png

I call it the Cosmic Wanderer.
It will come in a 2 peice set (a hood and a cloak) with the legs not being visible while wearing it.
Cosmic wanderer no armsbiger.png

So how is it going to swing a sword you might be wondering? Don't worry I'll get to that in a bit.
My idea is that It is a cloud of gas or cluster of stars under a cloak. So it might emit a trail of little glowing stars from the head, where the cloak ends or from the entire body.
And when this little dude jumps the cloak might flick up a bit so we can get a glimpse of its body which is just a dark cloud.
going up.png

And now to address the elephant in the room how is this thing going to swing a sword?
My idea is that a little gas cloud would form where the hand should be in the swinging animation so it works with the swing animation that are already in the game because no one want to make a new animation it is a hassle when the final update is just around the corner.
Wooden Armor1.png
Wooden Armor2.png
Wooden Armor3.png
Wooden Armor4.png
Wooden Armor5.png
Wooden Armor6.png

Cosmic wanderer no armsswing 1.png
Cosmic wanderer no armsswing 2.png
Cosmic wanderer no armsswing 3.png
Cosmic wanderer no armsswing 4.png

And now for how dyes will work.
I think dyes should only dye the cloth of the hood and not the gas or cloud underneath.
And for customising the stars and gas I have a few different ideas.
The stars would match the eye colour of your character much like the arkhalis set.

And for the gas there are 2 ways it could work.
The first way is to use the leg slot to dye the clould as you do not see the legs in any frames.
But this could be problematic if you are only wearing the hood and then different vanity for the chest and legs as you most likly do not want the gas to be the same colour as your legs because it would look better being a different colour so it could stand out more. So it might have to get the dye from a slot in the accessories section but you might run into the same problem.
And then you have the simplest option. Just have it so it is one colour that cannot be changed and looking at all the other options this one seems like the best one even though it is the most boring.

And I would just like to take a moment to apolagise for my horrible artwork (if it can even be called that) and I hope that I got my idea across without it being confusing and hard to read.
And also all the gas blobs that I have drawn in the images are susposed to have stars inside of them and properly shaped. I did not get time to add them as you can see this a bit of a late submission with only an hour left until you cannot post and submissions.

Terraria_Armor Contest Submission.jpg

My Submission is just a set of armor I would personally enjoy wearing in-game. Nothing fancy, just something I think looks cool.

The armor is standard, statue-like in appearance, and I wanted to go for an overgrown feel with tears trickling down from the eye slits, symbolizing that we're at our journey's end.

If the cape could move while standing idle that would be a nice touch!

1586832197189.png

A vanity set that represent the twin Greek gods of archery, sun and moon, Apollo and Artemis.

Called the Celestial Vanity Set.

The vanity set changes it's palette through the day ingame in a seamless fashion, getting the strongest orange at 12:00, and the strongest purple at 24:00. The only other change is in the head piece, with changes at 19:30/4:30. A good set for every archer player.

If those transitions aren't possible, i'd like to submit only the night set, called "Artemis Vanity Set", or "Lunar Vanity Set".

Welp, probably shouldn't have procrastinated until the very last second, yet here we are sorry about that;;.
But anyway, here's my submission for the contest:
Rare Outfit.png

For the head, pretty much everything is optional except for the blindfold, but I think it'd look best with the halo and horns included (and the hair too, but I'm not too picky about that). I'm kind of hoping transparency applies correctly for the midriff section, but I guess we'll see how that goes. There isn't anything else to say about the legs that wasn't already said in the picture.
I don't really have a creative name for the set, so I just ended up calling it "Rare's Outfit".
But anyways, I think that's everything, so thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone in the contest!

This is 2 sets of designs by Sofija (10). She meant to color the whole thing but unfortunately her bearded dragon passed away on Saturday things have been hectic. Here is the submission without color, though.

2020-04-13-103744.jpg

Thanks,

Sofija's Dad

ChipDesign.png

Heya ya'll. Good morning or evening to ya'. Here's a character I put some effort into, along with the design. Chip is a character I made just for this contest in the last few days. Even if I don't get into one of those winning slots, this contest was still was pretty fun. Thank you to all of you for loving Terraria just as I did.

Anyways, here's a few fun facts and lore pertaining to Chip to spice it up a bit...

Backstory: Chip is a treasure hunter roaming Terraria and all the worlds in between, meeting new acquaintances and making new discoveries along the way. She's just like you and me - Grabbing loot, crafting stuff, and defeating the big baddie of whatever place they come from. She's travelled through what are the many worlds of her oyster, with some luck and wit guiding her through it all. She may or may not have had a few deals with the Traveling Merchant and has also kept mementos of her journey so far. With the end of this one journey, may she learn to love another.

------------------------
Fun Facts About Chip

Favorite Pastime: Feeding the town cats
Second-Favorite Pastime: Jammin' out at a public piano
Best Adventure Yet: Learnin' the ropes of treasure huntin' with a friend
Favorite Water: Alaskan water

I sadly forgot that this was A thing since this morning, so I have thrown together something just so I don’t beat myself up for not posting anything at all. I have simply done a townsfolk outfit, just based of the original terraria pixel art. Sorry about it being last minute!:(

Attachments

• 8AE2685A-6473-41C1-9F09-37E8BB84EC59.png
    8AE2685A-6473-41C1-9F09-37E8BB84EC59.png
    948.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 68371C37-3ABC-488D-9E03-130D763FC3EB.png
    68371C37-3ABC-488D-9E03-130D763FC3EB.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 6CAC808F-8DE7-4096-B048-59D6AB449CA4.png
    6CAC808F-8DE7-4096-B048-59D6AB449CA4.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 95
This is my submission! My sister and I have been hard at work designing and planning and eventually, we got what we wanted. In case you are wondering, the runes on the belt are a made up language with my friends and I. I hope this catches your attention, and good luck to everyone else who entered! <3
terraria.jpeg

1586833154698.png

the headgear adds a different color of sunglasses and a bit of sunscreen on your nose
the shirt is a Hawaiian shirt with a simple floral design
the pants are shorts as well as socks with sandles
I call it the dad outfit

This is the first time i've done pixel art... but my love for terraria being that it was one of the games from my childhood I had to enter, also I had a man screaming at me in the background going: TWIN ENETER THE CONETSTTT and I was like okay okay chill chill

The top one is when you are your character is going from the left side to right side. The bottom one is when you are going from the right to the left side
lefttoright.png
righttoleft.png

as a minor note... uh... yeah... so... uh... i'm at a loss of words atm anxiety... don't know why this in there but now it is... full body vanity... um... okay this is done... I think... yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom