Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desert People

Made by me.
(My IGNs' are Calib, Kliv, Klibro, rusopin, Pepinus or Pepiniwis)

How did I get inspired? I saw a bettle on a mound of sand.
Is this your own creation? Yes, it is. Their names are Okires (boy) and Sakima (girl).
Is there any story you made? Yeah. They are twins. Khepri's apprentices. (Khepri is an Egyptian Goddess in real life).

A quick meaning of...

the horns and the stripes: They are not demon horns. In my story, any apprentice of any god/goddess will have a "gift" from them. In this case, the horns and the stripes were a gift from Khepri to them.
the triangle: It means the trinity. The perfection, the armony and the wisdom. It also means the unity of heaven, earth and hell.

terraria.jpg

Do you have any social media? Yes, I do. But I'm quite inactive due college. I'm only using Steam at the moment.
I hope the community likes it! :3

A quick update! 17/3/20
I've been changing colours on male clothes. This is a different color palette.

variation1.jpg

Last edited:
Terra Armor along with the sword it is based upon, the Terra Blade

Terra Armor Showcase.png

It is without a doubt that the Terra Blade is the most iconic weapon in the game. As such, I have devoted an entire set of armor to commemorating this weapon's splendor.

I only have a male armor set sprited, however, I think that a female counterpart could look slimmed down in order to adequately convey femininity. Furthermore, while I could not convey this idea in my own sprite work, I imagine that the armor would be plated, as to look not overly bulky, but still protective enough to allow the player to fight in close-combat.

Perhaps, as the Terra Blade shoots out energy beams, the Terra Armor could produce green energy beneath the player's footsteps as they ran. This would be similar to how the Frostspark Boots produce particles beneath the player's feet.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity! Cheers!

Terraria submission.png

"Death, thou art a fickle mistress: revel in thy eventuality. Thou shalt consume everything. As I pray to you, consume me with thy power, as thou hath done before."

THE WEEPING LICH SET:

- when equipping any part of the vanity set, the soul flame is present. (does not produce light)
-when equipping all of the set, tiny black shards follow the player and shoot toward your target when attacking with any weapon, but do not deal any damage. 9because it's a vanity set duh)
-While wearing when you reach 0 hp, instead of the normal average animation, the soul flame burns out and the set is dropped on the ground and has to be picked up, but can only be picked up by me.
-The set has a fur coat, not one of those stupid puffy things snow white uses.
-IT's helmet has horns resembling a crown and kinda like holds the flame.

That's it! I really enjoyed making the concept for this, and if i actually get chosen tell the animators i'm sorry.

I don't really have any sprites to provide (maybe if there was a vanity template mod so I knew where to begin, I'd even think of trying my hand at making some of my own), but I thought I'd toss in my two cents here anyway.

I love playing with the Lamia set, which we can use to essentially play as the related enemy.
Terraria - Lamia set m.png
Terraria - Lamia set f.png
terraria lamia sprites.png

When I was last playing Terraria (distracted with a superhero game at the moment), I picked matching body colors, put the set on, and just played as a snake person.

Even had a fancy pyramid base in the desert.
Terraria - Asheris's pyramid base.png

Anyway, it'd be great to see more monster vanity sets like the Lamia one, either of other existing monsters, or variations, like Medusa's hair and dress, maybe parts to resemble a harpy, or bits to look like human/monster hybrids like how some artists draw Anubis for example. Jackal ears, neck/chest part with paw hands and forearm fur, and pants with paw feet and a tail.

In short, monster people are cool, and more things like the existing Lamia set would make a great addition. Maybe even some of the non-humanoid enemies could be inspiration for new sets.

Attachments

• Terraria - Asheris's pyramid base.png
    Terraria - Asheris's pyramid base.png
    433.6 KB · Views: 1,135
Last edited:
fffff.png
Привет всем! Я хотел бы представить мое бронирование. Доспехи состоят из пакета на голове, коричневых ботинок с желтым комбинезоном и черной водолазки. Извините, если мой английский был понятен

F97782CA-1EBB-4C35-AE86-EE451C9D3985.png

Here is my entry. I call it the slimed set. When playing the slime could be bobbing up and down on the characters head and a trail of slime could be left on the floor, but that’s up to you. I think this would be great if the rainbow slime had a 1/4 (2/5 in expert) chance of dropping one of the pieces. The red and green only show where the body and legs are separated as it will layer on top of the original character (may not work so well with blue but meh you can change your clothes colors).

THE STARCASTER
made by Porkchopicus

- I tried my best to make possible in-game, while bringing something new and interesting.
- No part of this is final, Any part can be changed if needed.
- pixel art is very basic, sorry... im new to it.
- I have the individual parts if needed to verify that I made it.
- Under 18, have parent consent.
- 8 hours of work overall, including the hand-drawn pixel font
- Hoping to win, Terraria is my favourite game by far. I will never forget the times I've spent alone or with friends exploring the huge worlds. even if I lose, I want to thank everybody, the fans, the artist, and most importantly the developers for what a good time I've had.
- Named the "Starcaster helm","Starcaster Chestplate","Starcaster Legs" respectively.
THE STARCASTER.png

Good luck to everybody!!!

Last edited:
yikes just realized the images are a bit wack but oh well, heres my outfit, im a big fan of the dark souls series so that inspired me alot when making it, this was really fun yo make. i dont really have any name ideas the best i have is hollow garb, but that might be referencing darksouls to much so maybe just forgotten soldier.... or not i mean its up to you guys. best of luck to all
edit: also i wasnt thinking about the colours when making the mask and i didnt want to retry the mask so feel free to change it to a colour that matches better...

Attachments

• 3333.PNG
    3333.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 12.PNG
    12.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 153
Here's my own bundle of quack that i want in the game :)

Also if you can, the lower your health is in-game, the darker the three spikes of hair get (don't have to add this)

I trust you guys to make my duckie look good :D
LeOww chraracter for terraria.png

Hey all, this is my submission. The entity's name is Aquivios, an alien whose primary function is to gather intel for payment throughout galaxies. Aquivios stops at nothing to secure the information requested. His preferred uniform is light grey sneakers, casual blue jeans, a black/dark blue suit jacket with a white dress shirt, and his protective helmet. The helmet serves multiple purposes like acting as a breathing device and hiding his identity.

Possible in-game sprites for the vanity set:
helmet.png
shirt.png
pants.png
fullset.png

A larger scale version of the full set (the previous images are quite small):
fullset large.png> click to enlarge

Here's how I imagine artwork of Aquivios would appear (I'm no artist, don't pay attention to the hands):
artwork.png > click to enlarge

The set would be called "Aquivios' Attire"
Thank you for your time.

dID sOmEOne saY mIcroSOfT pAINt?

poggers.png

low key I actually like comic sans unironically

Name : Major Setback, your Private Detective
Description : I stare into the abyss at night, cogs whirring in a vain attempt to find out why my coat is longer on one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom