Console Question: WHY'S MOBILE GOT 1.2.4 BEFORE CONSOLE?

AlphaGamer1803

Spazmatism
Not really any need for more info tbh. Just... WHYYYYYYYYYY!!! It's always been like this: PC had all the best stuff, then Console in the middle, and finally Mobile at the bottom. I play console and was waiting for AGES before the 1.2.3 update came out on console. I was so excited because of the insanely long period before the update, I ALMOST CRIED! Now Mobile comes and overtakes us by MILES??? Not gonna let that go. Any responses would be great, thanks. Oh, and just one more thing: before you report me for being offensive to Mobile users or whatever, I'm NOT trying to say Mobile is crappydappydoodah, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense in my opinion, that's all.

Without being privy to 505's business data, it would be hard to justify declaring what does or doesn't make sense. From this standpoint of limited (as in nearly no) information I can think of several possible reasons, not all of them credible.

It could be that mobile sales figures are significantly higher than those for consoles. If so they're putting their money where it will make more money faster. Maybe development for mobile is easier/faster than for consoles. Same situation. Or maybe neither of the above is true and 505 deliberately chose to make a bad business decision.

Which do you think is the unlikely one?

I'm just saying they could have waited and released them both AROUND the same time, instead of having a 3-month-ish difference.

I see it as an apology for the crashes, multiplayer issues, and overall lower quality than normal that happened ever since they updated to the 1.2 last year.

1stly I'm not sure they are getting the update sooner, even though it was announced for them sooner. 2ndly CodeGlue develops the Mobile updates independently of Console which is ported by Engine Software. This means that if Engine hits a bump while CodeGlue is smooth sailing then yes, Mobile just might overtake Console. 3rd 505 is instigating major reforms to bug testing and customer service as well as community involvement and this may be having a bigger impact on Engine than CodeGlue. 4th I'm glad that Mobile is getting updates because when I tried playing it it was waaay to buggy and irritating for me XD.

Yes, I'm happy that Mobile got the update too, because I used to play it before i played console and I have a lot of friends that still do. But when I saw that announcement on the home page, it really hit home to me that I'm going to have to wait until the end of the year if I want to slaughter some dukes! :D

Because even mobile is higher than the peasant console race.
I think it's because Terraria came to mobile before it came to console? I think? Not entirely sure.

Because even mobile is higher than the peasant console race.
I think it's because Terraria came to mobile before it came to console? I think? Not entirely sure.

1. Peasant? Come and say it to my face, bro!

2. I'm quite sure console was out before mobile. That's why up till now console has been a couple of updates ahead of mobile.

3. I'm not quite sure you understand my point

4. Well, I...can't really think of anything else to say, to be honest. But you get the idea!

Let's not get into platform fights, please. Phrases like 'master race' and 'peasant race' are tiresome memes that only serve to anger people, and if they are meant as a joke, it's not funny. Thanks.

I'm sure that 505Games has internal reasons for mobile getting slightly (and temporarily) ahead of console. They're trying to get all versions out as best they can, and this is their plan. They aren't doing it to slight one part of the community, at all. Software development is not always a linear process.

While Mobile and Console be fighting, PC be like, "wut."

In all seriousness, we have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things that we console players have, and mobile players don't, so they deserve the update more than we do.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry, my grammar been's weird recently, I'll fix it.

<DP merged, please edit your original post instead of double posting>

AND AGAIN, MY GRAMMAR MESSES UP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that console players spent three times as much money as mobile users, so it's only fair to us getting the update first. Especially since they're getting 1.2.2,1.2.3, AND 1.2.4. While we get the rest of an unfinished update and 1.2.4.

Back
Top Bottom