steviegt6

Official Terrarian
Discontinued.

HbdG9uW.png

Stevie's Mod
Amazing name, I know.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6b6463524f59502e706e67

Content
This mod adds in stuff. Big surprise, I know.
Arcane Fruit, a mana upgrade! Now, you might be thinking: "Stevie, what makes this so special?". And to that, I say, "because it is". Jokes aside, this is the very first mana upgrade that is consumable multiple times and actually changes the look of an individual star each time it's consumed. These spawn in the Jungle once a Mech Boss has been defeated, just like Life Fruit. These increase your mana by 5 each time they're consumed, up to +50 maximum mana!
1ec0a1fbd630be6fd8a3f43244df9c77.gif
5083aa9c326b7fc8761c35ae46116f59.png

Don't forget to breathe! You get to upgrade your maximum breath, too! Just talk to the nurse and you have a 1% chance of getting a 'Lung Extension Card'. Using this item will give you an extra 50% "breath" and turn your bubbles a diamond-like color.
14f697a86803466db295f1f5476b3761.png
00bbbd90645a818661725d813ad115d9.png

NPCs will now display their chat message above their head (along with still displaying it in the dialogue box). You can turn this off in the config.
259578181224fbf5b78002a8cff51f66.png

This mod ports over 1.4 shortsword mechanics to 1.3.5.3 properly (looking at you, Orson's mod) as well!

This mod also adds other stuff, such as more shortswords (hardmode shortswords have armor penetration)! Infinite versions of most ammos and consumables, the Disc of Discord, an item dropped by Chaos Elementals that works like a Minecraft Ender Pearl, and more!

SteviesMod.png

Have an idea, suggestion, or need to report a bug?
Join the Discord!

Last edited:
Good heavens, I can already tell that this one is going to be a must-have for any ambitious mod-using player. This is pretty fantastic!

Of course, I definitely have to slip in this obligatory meme.
is-not-legal-but-i-will-do-it-for-you-do-not-tell-the-police-or-my-family-extendedlungsgmailcom

This is a really interesting mod! I like the ideas of upgradable mana, upgradable breath meter (although, since I never use nurse, I might never upgrade it), of mysterios fossils and some other stuff (I may always use your mod from now on, because it changes the tmodloader logo, which I don't really like (it's too wide because if that cog part, in my opinion) to normal Terraria logo).

However, there are things, which I really don't like. They are unlimited items. In my opinion, a lot of them are unbalanced. I suggest you to add move certain types of them to a different mod or balance them. I know, that I can just ignore them, but I don't think, that this is how balance should work. And I will explain, why I think they are overpowered and give you suggestions of how to balance some of those items.

1. Endless ammo. Having to take care of having enough ammo to defeat a boss / invasion / enemies is something, that makes ranger class more realistic and more different from, for example, a warrior with its shooting swords. I accept having endless musket pouch and endless quiver as they only prevent you from being out of ammo and you still have to craft better ammo for various boss fights because normap arrows or musket balls are not effective against hardmode bosses. I suggest you to make them craftable at crystal ball again. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas of how to balance other endless ammo though.

2. Endless throwing weapons. I think, that the fact, that a lot of throwing weapons are consumable makes it more unique from warrior with its boomerangs and paladin hammers. I like how the balance between consumable and unconsumable throwing weapons (which still were unique) was made in Thorium mod. The only way to make thise sets balances is to make them throw more than one projectile (for example, make Knife set like vampire knives), but being consumable. I know, that it completely get rids of the idea of unlimited throwing weapons, but I think, that it is the only way to balance them.

3. Botomless Buckets. While it is a great item for builders it may also be used for having unlimited obsidian (in prehardmode, it will greatly reduce grinding for hellstone bars) and other items (which are used in potions and in queen bee summons) which is a bit overpowered, but no that critical. To balance that, you may just make these bucjets harder to obtain. I suggest to make them fishable in respective liquids with low chance (like botommless lava bucket in 1.4). I know, that before 1.4 it will make bottomless lava bucket extremely rare and hardmode exclusive, so I also suggest to make it temporary a reward for an angler's quest.

4. Unlimited Explosives. I think, that being able to have unlimited explosives in early game is very overpowered as they are extremely helpful because mining with them save a lot of time. However, after Brain of Cthulhu thay are no longer as useful because thay don't mine hellstone, so they are used only to clear up large areas for builds/arenas.
And having them infinite there is more balanced. But because having unlimited bombs will make demolitionst useless, I would suggest you to make them obtainable a bit later. My suggestion is to make them craftable in hardmode at a crystal ball (also, recipe should be more expensive). Buckets of various waters are pretty balanced though, and the only thing to do with them is to make their recipes more expensive. They still will bebuseful, becuse they give you a way to creat artificial biomes easily before a steampunker.

I don't think, that adding those in a content mod was a good idea. In my opinion, they should've been either added in a Quality of life mod or being balanced the way, I suggested.
Though I must admit, that I like the way most of these items look and how creatively they are introduced. I mean grenade crate is surely cooler than something named 'endless grenade' that is just a grenade recolor.

Besides that, I think, that you should add a tooltip to hardmode shortswords, which tells about armor penetration.

Other than that, this mod is a really good one. It has some really unique features, which I like. I wish you luck in further development of this mod.

This is a really interesting mod! I like the ideas of upgradable mana, upgradable breath meter (although, since I never use nurse, I might never upgrade it), of mysterios fossils and some other stuff (I may always use your mod from now on, because it changes the tmodloader logo, which I don't really like (it's too wide because if that cog part, in my opinion) to normal Terraria logo).

However, there are things, which I really don't like. They are unlimited items. In my opinion, a lot of them are unbalanced. I suggest you to add move certain types of them to a different mod or balance them. I know, that I can just ignore them, but I don't think, that this is how balance should work. And I will explain, why I think they are overpowered and give you suggestions of how to balance some of those items.

1. Endless ammo. Having to take care of having enough ammo to defeat a boss / invasion / enemies is something, that makes ranger class more realistic and more different from, for example, a warrior with its shooting swords. I accept having endless musket pouch and endless quiver as they only prevent you from being out of ammo and you still have to craft better ammo for various boss fights because normap arrows or musket balls are not effective against hardmode bosses. I suggest you to make them craftable at crystal ball again. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas of how to balance other endless ammo though.

2. Endless throwing weapons. I think, that the fact, that a lot of throwing weapons are consumable makes it more unique from warrior with its boomerangs and paladin hammers. I like how the balance between consumable and unconsumable throwing weapons (which still were unique) was made in Thorium mod. The only way to make thise sets balances is to make them throw more than one projectile (for example, make Knife set like vampire knives), but being consumable. I know, that it completely get rids of the idea of unlimited throwing weapons, but I think, that it is the only way to balance them.

3. Botomless Buckets. While it is a great item for builders it may also be used for having unlimited obsidian (in prehardmode, it will greatly reduce grinding for hellstone bars) and other items (which are used in potions and in queen bee summons) which is a bit overpowered, but no that critical. To balance that, you may just make these bucjets harder to obtain. I suggest to make them fishable in respective liquids with low chance (like botommless lava bucket in 1.4). I know, that before 1.4 it will make bottomless lava bucket extremely rare and hardmode exclusive, so I also suggest to make it temporary a reward for an angler's quest.

4. Unlimited Explosives. I think, that being able to have unlimited explosives in early game is very overpowered as they are extremely helpful because mining with them save a lot of time. However, after Brain of Cthulhu thay are no longer as useful because thay don't mine hellstone, so they are used only to clear up large areas for builds/arenas.
And having them infinite there is more balanced. But because having unlimited bombs will make demolitionst useless, I would suggest you to make them obtainable a bit later. My suggestion is to make them craftable in hardmode at a crystal ball (also, recipe should be more expensive). Buckets of various waters are pretty balanced though, and the only thing to do with them is to make their recipes more expensive. They still will bebuseful, becuse they give you a way to creat artificial biomes easily before a steampunker.

I don't think, that adding those in a content mod was a good idea. In my opinion, they should've been either added in a Quality of life mod or being balanced the way, I suggested.
Though I must admit, that I like the way most of these items look and how creatively they are introduced. I mean grenade crate is surely cooler than something named 'endless grenade' that is just a grenade recolor.

Besides that, I think, that you should add a tooltip to hardmode shortswords, which tells about armor penetration.

Other than that, this mod is a really good one. It has some really unique features, which I like. I wish you luck in further development of this mod.
Noted. That's for the feedback!

EDIT:
1. Yeah, I'll probably make them craftable with a crystal ball.

2. I can remove these, they're pretty meh as they stand right now anyway.

3. To avoid making it seem like backported content, I'll likely just add the other bottomless buckets as Angler quest rewards.

4. Crystal ball it is.

And, yeah, I'll add in a tooltip.

missed oppurtunity to call arcane fruit star fruit, 0/10

jokes aside, this seems very interesting. going to try this one out in a thorium healer playthrough i plan to do.

Heheh! This is the kind of beautiful stuff that really attracts people to a fine mod like this.

The mod is currently in my current tModLoader run. I'll let'cha know what my thoughts are when I'm most of the way through, if my attention span lasts that long.
Alrighty. The mod updates often with small amounts of new stuff usually being added, so keep that in mind!

well i finished the playthrough, i have to say this mod is really nice! the visual effects for the arcane fruit didnt show up though, which was a bit disappointing. might've been since i have unleveled on, but i didnt change the visuals of the hearts or mana at all so idk.

if i had anything to recommend, it'd be cool to see some infinite potion charms or something that aren't just 30 potions in a workbench. one way to try and balance them could be to make them accessories (for example, combining a band of regen with some other stuff + the potions makes a band of... well... regen? 2? idk.) eventually you could combine multiple of them together to make upgraded accessories with their effects, and eventually you could create an accessory combining all of the potions after, or right before moonlord.

you could either try that, or some more accessory combinations. i'd love to see a big movement speed trinket that could be a combo of the anklet of the wind, panic necklace, and aglet. maybe even more, too!

well i finished the playthrough, i have to say this mod is really nice! the visual effects for the arcane fruit didnt show up though, which was a bit disappointing. might've been since i have unleveled on, but i didnt change the visuals of the hearts or mana at all so idk.

if i had anything to recommend, it'd be cool to see some infinite potion charms or something that aren't just 30 potions in a workbench. one way to try and balance them could be to make them accessories (for example, combining a band of regen with some other stuff + the potions makes a band of... well... regen? 2? idk.) eventually you could combine multiple of them together to make upgraded accessories with their effects, and eventually you could create an accessory combining all of the potions after, or right before moonlord.

you could either try that, or some more accessory combinations. i'd love to see a big movement speed trinket that could be a combo of the anklet of the wind, panic necklace, and aglet. maybe even more, too!
For now I've decided against adding more infinite item stuff to focus more on genuine content.

As for the Arcane Fruits not showing up, I'd appreciate it if you could provide an entire list of mods that you used in your playthrough.

found out that unleveled was the problem, it overrides the mana star's texture. might want to make the arcane fruit texture display seperately from mana stars, not sure how though. maybe contact a thorium dev to see how they displayed the life shield meter, since it works fine with unleveled.

also, if you're looking for genuine content, try making some more tinker combinations, some simple but helpful equipment for some classes early in the game, or just some new items to make. hell, you could try to make an entire new class. i'd love to see an alchemist class.

found out that unleveled was the problem, it overrides the mana star's texture. might want to make the arcane fruit texture display seperately from mana stars, not sure how though. maybe contact a thorium dev to see how they displayed the life shield meter, since it works fine with unleveled.

also, if you're looking for genuine content, try making some more tinker combinations, some simple but helpful equipment for some classes early in the game, or just some new items to make. hell, you could try to make an entire new class. i'd love to see an alchemist class.
I'll take a look at Unleveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom