PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue is the biggest pain I've seen so far. No one on the dev or beta team experience any lag using steam multiplayer so it isnt exactly the easiest to track down. The guys have a general idea of what is doing it but not why. We will continue to look into it, as always all information about this said issue is much appreciated. :)
Ey Cenx, any chance that you may make an alternate way to get luminite like say killing the lord once blesses the world with it? Some of us would like to build stuff with it
[DOUBLEPOST=1437440652,1437440614][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's still well worth the grind.
Once you go Drill, you never go back...ill?
I hate inprecise drilling doh. Never liked giant passages in biomes >3>

I'm torn here. Actually. cheesing is exploiting game mechanics or bugs in a unintended way. So relying on the invincibility frame is clearly cheesing and should be fixed. A boss that follows you when you teleport makes also perfect sense, so thats fine, too. However, teleporting to the nurse, using heart statues, building minecart tracks, building arenas and so on is actually a intended game mechanic, too, and because of that clearly not cheesing. Actually, for the final boss encounter, I think the devs should expect you to use everything that this game has to offer - and you should be able to do it.

And here lies a part of why I'm torn, because, well, on the other hand, the devs don't play fair either: with a stupid debuff they actually remove some of their own, intended game mechanics (vampire knifes, spectre armor) and eventually forcing the player to use a complete different playstyle. Like a user earlier in this thread said, thats actually Fake Difficulty and usually a sign of bad game design. They give you a sandbox, they should allow you to use it (its the same thing for the nurse or the statues). I get the point that they want to be their final boss something special, but the way they try to achieve this by reducing the players choices isn't very well thought in my opinion.

And to be honest... if you want your final boss that hard so that many player who actually made it this far aren't able to beat him, you should consider making only the expert mode version harder. In normal mode, everybody who made it here on it's own has some skill for sure. And because of that, he/she should be able to beat that guy with some preparations and some practice. When I read the forums, I get the impression, only 15% of the players who made it to the end are able to beat that boss at all - and from these 15% are 5% using a "cheesy tactic" which got patched out, so they come here to complain.

So, crawltepedes are also fake difficulty? I thought it was actually a fairly ingenious way to stop people from cheesing the Solar Pillar.
As for the lifesteal, they even gave you windows to use it now. If you don't think lifesteal was out of hand against Moon Lord, but agree that the spikes are, I don't know what to tell you because the result was the same.

So even if you weren't being elitist before, you admit to it now?

So, being good at something now means you are elitist? He merely pointed out that if he wanted to be elitist he would brag about his achievements. He wasn't even trying to bring someone down about it. They should probably stop giving medals out in competitions, wouldn't want anyone to be offended by those elitists.

If game developers were always right, all games would be perfect. Big Rigs would be an amazing game.
And considering we paid our hard earned money for this game, we are more than entitled to point out errors and demand fixes.

How is something fitting their vision mean that the game is perfect? How does it not fitting your vision of their vision make it perfect/not perfect? And no, if you were entitled to point out errors and demand fixes, how come most games are still broken? Look at the latest Batman game fiasco. Your money entitles you to what you paid for. Terraria was under no obligation to even create this content, let alone for free.

Ey Cenx, any chance that you may make an alternate way to get luminite like say killing the lord once blesses the world with it? Some of us would like to build stuff with it
WOAH. I actually REALLY love that idea. Making Luminite a mineable ore that gets generated everytime you kill the ML would be cool. Although it'd have to spawn at at least the rate at which one Demon Altar would produce Cobalt/Palladium for each kill. (Considering Smashing 4 Demon Altars is WAAAAAAAAAAY easier then farming Moon Lord)

It's really good for gathering building materials, though.
Make a throwaway world and excavate a good chunk of it. Boom, stone bricks for days!

You can now hide the Moon Charm and Neptune Shell's effects...or put them in vanity!
Nice, that's the only reason I haven't already made the "celestial shell" its not that I think it makes you look bad, I just wasn't going to ever use it it I HAD to look like a werewolf every night and some fish creature in water, because I LOVE my characters vanity stuff with his dye, and I don't want to look like those half the time.

WOAH. I actually REALLY love that idea. Making Luminite a mineable ore that gets generated everytime you kill the ML would be cool. Although it'd have to spawn at at least the rate at which one Demon Altar would produce Cobalt/Palladium for each kill. (Considering Smashing 4 Demon Altars is WAAAAAAAAAAY easier then farming Moon Lord)
To be fair, someone earlier in the thread came up with it. I just re stated it for Cenx to see

I'm just gonna maintain that I feel the only error so far, re: Moon Lord, is the lifesteal negation.
I agree actually. I feel like it should have just been reduced lifesteal, rather than negating it entirely. But, they have nerfed it to where there are windows to use it, so I am fine with it. Not that I particularly wanted them to change it in the first place.

You'd rather go hunt down the luminite than have it drop off the boss? He already drops around the amount a single Demon Altar would get you doesn't he? He does drop 70-90 ores.

So, crawltepedes are also fake difficulty? I thought it was actually a fairly ingenious way to stop people from cheesing the Solar Pillar.
As for the lifesteal, they even gave you windows to use it now. If you don't think lifesteal was out of hand against Moon Lord, but agree that the spikes are, I don't know what to tell you because the result was the same.

So, being good at something now means you are elitist? He merely pointed out that if he wanted to be elitist he would brag about his achievements. He wasn't even trying to bring someone down about it. They should probably stop giving medals out in competitions, wouldn't want anyone to be offended by those elitists.

How is something fitting their vision mean that the game is perfect? How does it not fitting your vision of their vision make it perfect/not perfect? And no, if you were entitled to point out errors and demand fixes, how come most games are still broken? Look at the latest Batman game fiasco. Your money entitles you to what you paid for. Terraria was under no obligation to even create this content, let alone for free.
Well, you got me there.
I still think devs should pay more attention to community - more importantly, customer - feedback rather thsn their own "vision", however.

And my opinion of ML remains unchanged.

I agree actually. I feel like it should have just been reduced lifesteal, rather than negating it entirely. But, they have nerfed it to where there are windows to use it, so I am fine with it. Not that I particularly wanted them to change it in the first place.

You'd rather go hunt down the luminite than have it drop off the boss? He already drops around the amount a single Demon Altar would get you doesn't he? He does drop 70-90 ores.
The idea is that a lot more than that would spawn, thus allowing you to get more ore (because with how much ore Luminite Bars cost, 70-90 ore is nothing) but also giving the player the challenge of having to find it

Well, you got me there.
I still think devs should pay more attention to community - more importantly, customer - feedback rather thsn their own "vision", however.

And my opinion of ML remains unchanged.

They already pay an incredible amount of attention to the community. Look at all the suggestions that actually made it into the game. Then there are more they wanted to do that didn't work out. They really care, I mean the two devs still working on the game pumped out how many fixes already? While working on the port to Mac/Linux?

Still extremely impractical; the one time I managed to take advantage of it was probably the first time I opened his core, but failed to realize it until after he killed me. But yeah, so many times that I basically depended on it to survive the Towers (have you seen the lifesteal you get when you smack a Crawltipede with the Blaze?)

Course, now it's all said and done, I tend to depend on the Nebula regen acceleration...

I like mining what can I say. Plus the idea is that he would bless the world with more than he would drop so that only people that want the unique drops can keep facing him while other people can continue mining if they so prefer to get all the lumite bar or ore stuff
[DOUBLEPOST=1437441252,1437441202][/DOUBLEPOST]Also as I said earlier the crawlipede doesn't hinder you much if you keep a minion with you

I like mining what can I say. Plus the idea is that he would bless the world with more than he would drop so that only people that want the unique drops can keep facing him while other people can continue mining if they so prefer to get all the lumite bar or ore stuff

My only problem with that is why would the Moon Lord bless the world he was trying to destroy? "Impending Doom approaches." Now, if it rained down from his body and "infested*" the world, that could be another thing :p

*I don't mean that he would spread and take over the world like crimson/corruption/hallow. Though, growing like chlorophyte might be cool if it is considered his flesh.

Edit:
]Also as I said earlier the crawlipede doesn't hinder you much if you keep a minion with you

It still exists and can still hinder your mobility. I agree that the lifesteal negation might be a little harsh, but it isn't necessary to beat him and there are even windows to use it now.

On lifesteal being negated being fake difficulty; it only is with the assumption that the game was meant to be played using only one class always with the same restrictions always.

Look no further than the first freaking boss taking a massive dump on people who use broadswords as their 'playstyle.'

I think the actual post that made me think he was an elitist was the one where he said "I'm an elitist"
Kind of like how you think that the moon lord can't be cheesed now, because of that post that says "the moon lord can't be cheesed now"
But no, I'm sure that I only think he's an elitist because I'm offended that he's better than me. For sure.

My only problem with that is why would the Moon Lord bless the world he was trying to destroy? "Impending Doom approaches." Now, if it rained down from his body and "infested*" the world, that could be another thing :p

*I don't mean that he would spread and take over the world like crimson/corruption/hallow. Though, growing like chlorophyte might be cool if it is considered his flesh.
Well, I am saying blessed as a sort of short hand since that is what the game has used before. Otherwise, it would be like his blood soaks deep into the soil across the map and solidifies into luminite ore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom