Terraria: Journey's End is Coming to PlayStation and Xbox on September 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly people, asking about the Switch while XBox and Playstation only just got approval. I know that they are working on it, but it doesn't mean that they're gonna submit it soon. Also what's wrong with having to wait another month? I want the 1.4 update to come out on Switch as much as the next person, but it's gonna be a bit or time before they'll submit it (or maybe it'll be sooner, who knows?) so, everyone waiting for news on Switch, cool your jets already! Honestly, waiting a month is not terrible, and if it is for you, then you need to find a hobby or something. When they are ready, there will be a massive tweet and they will post on here or wherever to let everyone know the good news. But until then, sit and relax

View attachment 341091

That's right Terrarians - we have an official launch date for Journey's End to arrive on Xbox and PlayStation - September 30th!

As we mentioned a bit ago, we have been in submission with Sony/Microsoft - and we did have to conduct a second pass/submission after fixing up a few things. However, we are completely confident in this second pass - enough so that we are ready to give you all an official date.

We will have a changelog and more information available on launch day.

So, settle in for a bit longer and start the countdown, Terrarians - Journey's End will be with you soon!​
Hoorah, I knew a little patience and waiting would pay off, I look forward to it, and going back to playing Terraria on my PS4.

FINALLY! A release date! Let's just hope it doesn't come with a game breaking bug this time. *glares at 1.3*
Well it definitely shouldn't; keep in mind they did have to do a second submission and polish it even further than it already was plus their assertion of complete confidence in said version... w all that in mind &the sheer amount of devotion all parties are putting in to make sure it is flawless, i'm betting the version we finally get when it drops will be squeaky-clean.

but lol :nursegrin:

I'm really happy for console players. The wait for 1.3 seemed really hard, and it's really nice to see that the wait for 1.4 wasn't a repeat of that (this only took about 17 months rather than 1.3, which was two and a half years. That's barely over half the time for a similarly sized update.)

I'm looking forward to the attempt at cross platform later too. :D

Last edited:
How about adding in modded Terraria and full access to the game's code afterwards? *grins cheekily* I jest dont worry, but you guys have done good working hard on polishing up the 1.4 release for console, I am looking forward to solid playing Terraria again maybe that'll get my drive back for console gaming, snce I've been in a bit of a slant lately.

Honestly people, asking about the Switch while XBox and Playstation only just got approval. I know that they are working on it, but it doesn't mean that they're gonna submit it soon. Also what's wrong with having to wait another month? I want the 1.4 update to come out on Switch as much as the next person, but it's gonna be a bit or time before they'll submit it (or maybe it'll be sooner, who knows?) so, everyone waiting for news on Switch, cool your jets already! Honestly, waiting a month is not terrible, and if it is for you, then you need to find a hobby or something. When they are ready, there will be a massive tweet and they will post on here or wherever to let everyone know the good news. But until then, sit and relax

i'm pretty sure playing video games IS their hobby.

also, seeing as not everyone has the disposable income, their selection of games may be limited.

so terraria may be one of the few games they have, and possibly only one platform.

yeah, some people are probably just being unreasonable, but that may not be the same for everyone.

some people have very strict limits in their lives, for various reasons.

did i miss something with 1.3?

the ONLY time i remember terraria being a broken mess was when 1.2 first got implemented, since it was added on the original console build, which broke everything.

i had no issues with 1.1, pipeworks' 1.2, or 1.3, as far as i can remember.
1.3’s release on console is probably the worst I’ve seen from Terraria tbh, several game breaking bugs with Stardust Dragon, peoples worlds getting replaced by other people’s saves over multiplayer, another game breaking bug where you just spawned in with the stoned debuff with an indefinite timer, splitscreen was a total nightmare with the majority of the screen just being nonexistent during pillars, this would end up being a very, very long reply if I listed everything wrong with 1.3 on it’s first few weeks on console, but just know it was probably one of, if not the worst update release on any platform for the game I’ve seen, and this is after a longer wait than what we had for 1.4 and the biggest reason I will remain skeptical of 1.4 until it’s finally released, especially now since it had to go through a second pass in cert.

1.3’s release on console is probably the worst I’ve seen from Terraria tbh, several game breaking bugs with Stardust Dragon, peoples worlds getting replaced by other people’s saves over multiplayer, another game breaking bug where you just spawned in with the stoned debuff with an indefinite timer, splitscreen was a total nightmare with the majority of the screen just being nonexistent during pillars, this would end up being a very, very long reply if I listed everything wrong with 1.3 on it’s first few weeks on console, but just know it was probably one of, if not the worst update release on any platform for the game I’ve seen, and this is after a longer wait than what we had for 1.4 and the biggest reason I will remain skeptical of 1.4 until it’s finally released, especially now since it had to go through a second pass in cert.
I don’t remember any of these 1.3 bugs you speak of seriously… I’ve played since 1.2 console and sure there are bugs, things get fixed too, and bugs are impossible to get rid of without more coming about, about split screen….. I’ve played with my friends and brothers a lot with split screen and I’m not seeing anything wrong with it from 1.3…. And I mean I played with my brothers or friends all the time on terraria, so none of this makes sense to me, even the stoned debuff one.
I’m not gonna continue with this so I would like it if you don’t try to argue with me cause I don’t want to get in this mess.
i'm pretty sure playing video games IS their hobby.

also, seeing as not everyone has the disposable income, their selection of games may be limited.

so terraria may be one of the few games they have, and possibly only one platform.

yeah, some people are probably just being unreasonable, but that may not be the same for everyone.

some people have very strict limits in their lives, for various reasons.
I do agree with what you say, people do have limits with some things and that’s all they can play pretty much, but there can still be different things to do too, like challenging yourself, and if they can’t do that and can’t wait, I would suggest them taking a break, taking a break from a game you play over and over gives you a nice little refreshment…

sorry if anything of this sounded rude I tried my best not to make it sound rude(I’m not saying I did end up making it rude I’m saying some people might take it as rude) and I don’t really want to end up being in this little debate that may start sort of thing, so thank you for understanding my opinion or whatever lol

Wow that was longer than i expected

I don’t remember any of these 1.3 bugs you speak of seriously… I’ve played since 1.2 console and sure there are bugs, things get fixed too, and bugs are impossible to get rid of without more coming about, about split screen….. I’ve played with my friends and brothers a lot with split screen and I’m not seeing anything wrong with it from 1.3…. And I mean I played with my brothers or friends all the time on terraria, so none of this makes sense to me, even the stoned debuff one.
I’m not gonna continue with this so I would like it if you don’t try to argue with me cause I don’t want to get in this mess.
Wow, you must've played after it was fixed, i remembered all of those problems and how painful it was.

I am so excited for 1.4 console to come out. Not that I am ungrateful but will we be getting the tmod loader or some sort of modding capabilities for console? I havent seen a single console game that has modding so I hope you are the first I see. Also thanks SO MUCH to the devs I am so grateful to them.
On Xbox Skyrim, Fallout 4, Quake, Surviving Mars, and a few of the Farming Simulator games have mods, and I'm pretty sure there's a few more games that support it, too, with various games in the Halo MCC either supporting mods or will be supporting them in the future.

I believe they've said bringing tmodloader to console is something they'd be interested in doing but it's not something they are working on in any capacity.

On Xbox Skyrim, Fallout 4, Quake, Surviving Mars, and a few of the Farming Simulator games have mods, and I'm pretty sure there's a few more games that support it, too, with various games in the Halo MCC either supporting mods or will be supporting them in the future.

I believe they've said bringing tmodloader to console is something they'd be interested in doing but it's not something they are working on in any capacity.
With the whole modding thing, I'm pretty sure Microsoft would allow it, but Sony would be the main problem due to their policy or something.

I do agree with what you say, people do have limits with some things and that’s all they can play pretty much, but there can still be different things to do too, like challenging yourself, and if they can’t do that and can’t wait, I would suggest them taking a break, taking a break from a game you play over and over gives you a nice little refreshment…

sorry if anything of this sounded rude I tried my best not to make it sound rude(I’m not saying I did end up making it rude I’m saying some people might take it as rude) and I don’t really want to end up being in this little debate that may start sort of thing, so thank you for understanding my opinion or whatever lol

Wow that was longer than i expected
If you really need any proof just go look at some of the dev posts of around 1.3’s release in console, the sotg of that time especially has like 80 pages of comments due to all of these issues and people not exactly being happy about it, cause yeah these are all things I and many others experienced

Last edited:
Wow, you must've played after it was fixed, i remembered all of those problems and how painful it was.
i mean i was a stupid person back then lol... so i don't think i noticed them because of this, and because i wasn't to far in the game i guess, don't know, it was in the middle of my world, and i had gotten into hardmore or to skely boi dunno lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom