Why is throwing already treated as being gone?

LadyLone

Steampunker
So around early April last month, Re-Logic said throwing would be no more in the next official update. However, it seems some mods, at least Terraria and Calamity, are already treating throwing as gone right now. Thorium is now treating throwing as a third new custom class. At least the throwing items still use the vanilla throwing class stats, so you can mix and match throwing weapons from other mods without issues. Calamity went as far as to add a new damage type, Rogue. I suspect they did this because someone knew months in advance about vanilla getting rid of throwing. But I would argue it doesn't need a new damage class for something that is still in tModLoader, for now. It just makes cross mod throwing weapons and Calamity's own a pain to use together since they likely won't benefit from the same damage increases.

Here's the thing. The next official update is still quite a ways off. Even when it hits, it'll still be some time before tModLoader updates to it. So throwing is alive and well right now in modding, even the vanilla throwing items before they no longer count as throwing. I don't know if other mods have already done something based on this news. Since so many mods have throwing content, I would hope tModLoader's update to the next official Terraria update keeps the throwing stats so modders don't have to deal with something like a base mod to handle throwing weapons. I am sadden by the news of throwing going away, but I mostly play modded Terraria anyway, although official hardmode throwing content would have been nice, so we don't have a bunch of throwing emblems that all do the exact same thing.

I've got a feeling Relogic is only ditching the base-game throwing gear which I find to be a fair move, I don't think they're going to rip out the code behind throwing.
And even if they did I'm sure TMODloader would reintroduce it for compatibility reasons.

I think that if Re-Logic removes the Throwing from the game they should allow the modders to make a mod using their code or to reimplement it from the scrap

I think that if Re-Logic removes the Throwing from the game they should allow the modders to make a mod using their code or to reimplement it from the scrap
Again, from what i heard it sounds like they're only making every throwing weapon and armor in the base game into Ranged
They have no real reason to rip out the throwing code when they know mods use it

I feel like it's mainly because they don't want to wait until 1.3.6 because they will not have any throwing content when it is removed, So they want to already have it prepared.
And calamity has had the rouge class before t was announced that throwing was being removed

I feel like it's mainly because they don't want to wait until 1.3.6 because they will not have any throwing content when it is removed, So they want to already have it prepared.
And calamity has had the rouge class before t was announced that throwing was being removed
yeah, how Fabsol knew that before it was announced is already a question worth asking.

Back
Top Bottom