• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Zaragan

Golem
Did anyone notice you cant use the coin gun with tmodloader on? Clean install, edit the char with it and it doesnt make any damage but can break grass/mushrooms...

Slimeboi300

Terrarian
So i'm not sure if this was covered anywhere else (I did see in-game that some mods were in-compatible with the new tmodloader update) but after like an hour or so testing some stuff, I found that loading Shadows of Abaddon (Sacred Tools) breaks the game with the new 11.3 update. I wasn't able to move or use anything at all, other than interact with the guide. Even pressing escape to get into the inventory wasn't working.

As far as I know this is the only mod that I've seen have this effect, but there could be more. I'm also not sure if I should be posting this here or not, but I figured why the heck not.:D

Spoody

Terrarian
Я спокойно играл себе в Террарию с модами, как вдруг мод Calamity перестал работать. Решил обновить tModLoader и на тебе: Terraria.exe не является приложением WIn32... Какого хера? Спасибо за минус игру и время. Надеюсь исправите. На всякий пожарный перевод: I calmly played myself in Terraria with mods, when suddenly the Calamity mod stopped working. I decided to update tModLoader on you too: Terraria.exe is not a WIn32 application ... What the hell? Thanks for minus the game and time. Hope to fix it.

Aliistrae

Terrarian
Last night I tried to set up Terraria after a long break and decided to download this mod loader. Sadly I can't open doors, and I tried one mod at a time to see if it was a mod I was using. I also tried disabling mods, and that didn't work either.

Edit: It isn't just doors it seems to be items that require right-click. I will have to forgo mods till there is a fix.

Last edited:
Hello! I joined this forum because I deleted a file when trying to download this mod loader! Is there anyway to help me? I really like terraria..
[doublepost=1564794384,1564793997][/doublepost]What I get is,
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Conent.ContentLoadException: Error loading "PixelShader". File not found --->
System.IO.FileNotFoundExecption: Error loading "Content\PixelShader.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

Please help! I love terraria and want to play mods. But I think I bricked my terraria!

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
Hello! I joined this forum because I deleted a file when trying to download this mod loader! Is there anyway to help me? I really like terraria..
[doublepost=1564794384,1564793997][/doublepost]What I get is,
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Conent.ContentLoadException: Error loading "PixelShader". File not found --->
System.IO.FileNotFoundExecption: Error loading "Content\PixelShader.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

Please help! I love terraria and want to play mods. But I think I bricked my terraria!
google Steam verify game integrity and do it to restore the files

F.P Rox

Skeletron Prime
honestly the last version simply makes my game not boot :( so i'm using 0.10.1.5 for now, it only happens in the new version, does not happen in 0.10.1.5 and below.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newest update does not work on the pirated version );
Then just use a legal copy of the game instead. That should hopefully still work.

I've searched quite a few places for this, but never found an answer: how do I create a mod thumbnail?
In the Mods list (where you enable/disable/reload installed mods)? Simply have an 80x80 PNG image called "icon.png" in your mod's root folder, beside the "build.txt" and "description.txt" files, and then (re-)compile your mod for it to get a thumbnail.
See the "Mod Icon" section of this link for the golden border template used by many mods' thumbnails: tModLoader/tModLoader

In the Mod Browser (where you download new mods or updates for existing ones)? This gets a little complicated, but first, add an 80x80 "icon.png" image to your mod's root folder (as above), then carefully read the "GitHub integration" section of this link: tModLoader/tModLoader

TheBlazingTopHat

Steampunker
Then just use a legal copy of the game instead. That should hopefully still work.

In the Mods list (where you enable/disable/reload installed mods)? Simply have an 80x80 PNG image called "icon.png" in your mod's root folder, beside the "build.txt" and "description.txt" files, and then (re-)compile your mod for it to get a thumbnail.
See the "Mod Icon" section of this link for the golden border template used by many mods' thumbnails: tModLoader/tModLoader

In the Mod Browser (where you download new mods or updates for existing ones)? This gets a little complicated, but first, add an 80x80 "icon.png" image to your mod's root folder (as above), then carefully read the "GitHub integration" section of this link: tModLoader/tModLoader
Thank you so much!

hi i dont know if anyone else is having this issue but when i go into my mods (ingame not a folder) the terraria cursor just kinda stops working like moving around clicking and all that and i have to manually shut down terraria. if anyone could help that would be swell!

direwolf420

Terrarian
hi i dont know if anyone else is having this issue but when i go into my mods (ingame not a folder) the terraria cursor just kinda stops working like moving around clicking and all that and i have to manually shut down terraria. if anyone could help that would be swell!
Go to where your mods are stored:
Windows: C:\Users\MY USER NAME HERE\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods
Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/ or $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods
Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods
Then find the "enabled" file, and remove "HamstarHelpers", line from it

Dark Pixel

Terrarian
HI, do you have any connection with the software "akamai netsession" or the browser "Brave", I've checked and they were installed today. Tmodloader is the only thing I've installed recently and I've noticed from the control panel in windows that netsession and brave were installed roughly the same time i installed tmodloader.

For those who don't know, netsession is essentially a legal bot network and spyware virus packaged and hidden with other software, installed without the permission or knowledge of the computer owner. Akamai Netsession connects to other computers to form a peer to peer network and uses your bandwidth to upload data and offload the cost of running a server. It also monitors your bandwidth for data received and sent. It's very dubiously hidden in: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local. It also restarts itself if you use end task in the taks manager.

Brave, from what i gather ,is a fairly legitimate browser. Though it suspiciously has no uninstaller.

As you might imagine i am quite concerned about this. All signs point to the tmodloader download as the source and i'd like to warn you, this is not the sort of thing you want to be associated with and i am suspicious that you are.

Thanks for reading, and I'd like to hear from you. i apologise for the accusatory tone but there is no other suspect for this, i also apologise if this turns out to be baseless

PS for those who are concerned, you can check if netsession is on your machine by using task manager. you will have to uninstall from the control panel, same goes for Brave.

And, once again, I apologise if i'm spouting crap here.

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
HI, do you have any connection with the software "akamai netsession" or the browser "Brave", I've checked and they were installed today. Tmodloader is the only thing I've installed recently and I've noticed from the control panel in windows that netsession and brave were installed roughly the same time i installed tmodloader.

For those who don't know, netsession is essentially a legal bot network and spyware virus packaged and hidden with other software, installed without the permission or knowledge of the computer owner. Akamai Netsession connects to other computers to form a peer to peer network and uses your bandwidth to upload data and offload the cost of running a server. It also monitors your bandwidth for data received and sent. It's very dubiously hidden in: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local. It also restarts itself if you use end task in the taks manager.

Brave, from what i gather ,is a fairly legitimate browser. Though it suspiciously has no uninstaller.

As you might imagine i am quite concerned about this. All signs point to the tmodloader download as the source and i'd like to warn you, this is not the sort of thing you want to be associated with and i am suspicious that you are.

Thanks for reading, and I'd like to hear from you. i apologise for the accusatory tone but there is no other suspect for this, i also apologise if this turns out to be baseless

PS for those who are concerned, you can check if netsession is on your machine by using task manager. you will have to uninstall from the control panel, same goes for Brave.

And, once again, I apologise if i'm spouting crap here.
Of course not. All the code for the installer is on the github, it doesn't do anything of the sort.

Top Bottom