tAPI MiraiMai's Tweaks and Overhauls

Cool mods. Would be nice to have a general energy/stamina mod and not just for swimming - that effects everyting. But then you would like your stamina be permanently increased by some means.

Cool mods. Would be nice to have a general energy/stamina mod and not just for swimming - that effects everyting. But then you would like your stamina be permanently increased by some means.
Ya, though in order to get it to change how vanilla items like the different running boots work, it would be a bit of a pain, and balancing the stamina usage would take forever :dryadtongue: There's also the fact that a general stamina system would have to be a separate mod, and I'd rather not force people to download something else for a feature in the swimming mod.

If someone ever makes a stamina api mod though, I'd add support for it :dryadsmile:

Are there any plans to bring these nifty mods to 1.3? I know tAPI's future is uncertain at best right now, but it seems other modding/plugin frameworks or whatever are popping up now... *cough*TerrariaPatcher*sneeze*

Any chance the community will get to enjoy these again? I really miss Main Slot Zero in particular. :3

Honestly, I'm surprised there's not more outcry for updates; your mods were my must-haves for Terraria after I found them.

Are there any plans to bring these nifty mods to 1.3? I know tAPI's future is uncertain at best right now, but it seems other modding/plugin frameworks or whatever are popping up now... *cough*TerrariaPatcher*sneeze*

Any chance the community will get to enjoy these again? I really miss Main Slot Zero in particular. :3

Honestly, I'm surprised there's not more outcry for updates; your mods were my must-haves for Terraria after I found them.
Terrariapatcher is not a modding tool.

Terrariapatcher is not a modding tool.
Well, I'm no coder or anything close, but I drew the parallel because of the former dependency on tAPI. Whatever the case may be, I wanted to say that I miss this mod since this thread seemed so dead. Not sure if creator has moved on or just not bothered because no one posted in a while, so I'm holding out hope. :)

Also, I'm really enjoying some of the other plugins from TerrariaPatcher, so I thought it couldn't hurt to suggest these mods (or whatever) be integrated into that system since (a) I like & use it, and (b) it seems to be popular in tAPI's wake.

I guess I should start talking on the forums again, it's been a while :dryadtongue:

Already planned, and there's a new API in the works :dryadsmile: The API is called "Prism", and it's fully open source. It's not complete yet, but because of how it's being made, it's far more stable than tAPI, and doesn't add any bugs to vanilla, we just have to deal with our own bugs.

Once Prism is more feature complete(like you know, the custom items actually save/load :dryadrolleyes: they currently disappear each time you save and exit lol) I'll be starting to make mods for it :dryadgrin:

Last edited:
I guess I should start talking on the forums again, it's been a while :p

Already planned, and there's a new API in the works :dryadsmile: The API is called "Prism", and it's fully open source. It's not complete yet, but because of how it's being made, it's far more stable than tAPI, and doesn't add any bugs to vanilla, we just have to deal with our own bugs.

Once Prism is more feature complete(like you know, the custom items actually save/load :dryadrolleyes: they currently disappear each time you save and exit lol) I'll be starting to make mods for it :dryadgrin:
I'm glad to hear from you! :)

Prism, huh? First I'm hearing of it; I'll have to look into it. Cool name. Do you know if it'll work alongside other tools, or is it pretty exclusionary (like tAPI was, if I recall correctly)?

Also, how rude of me... I forgot to say THANK YOU in my previous post. So thank you very much for your work and sharing it with the community. I got much enjoyment out of it in the past, and look forward to enjoying your future(dance) creations. :)

I'm glad to hear from you! :)

Prism, huh? First I'm hearing of it; I'll have to look into it. Cool name. Do you know if it'll work alongside other tools, or is it pretty exclusionary (like tAPI was, if I recall correctly)?

Also, how rude of me... I forgot to say THANK YOU in my previous post. So thank you very much for your work and sharing it with the community. I got much enjoyment out of it in the past, and look forward to enjoying your future(dance) creations. :)
You're welcome :dryadsmile:

And yes, we've been rather quiet about it's development mostly. The main people who would know about it are those that frequent the #tapi chatroom.

Whether it works with other mods is up to those mods makers. Prism patches Terraria instead of just being a modified version of Terraria, so if those mods don't change what we patch, it should work fine with them too. If not, one of us would just have to write compatibility, considering it's open source it's easy for people to help :dryadgrin:

Good stuff!

I hope the people on this project don't spend too much time on the tapi forum thread... all that confusion and entitlement and inability to read two posts back... :p

So, do I understand you correctly, that if I'm using something like @PinkPlum's excellent TerraCustom or a set of mods/plugins from @Trascend's TerrariaPatcher, that so long as they're not altering the same stuff (or vice versa) it should all play nicely together? What if (for example) your mod changes something that a TerrariaPatcher plugin also changes; am I suddenly unable to use both mods side by side, or can I just choose specific mods/plugins to take priority over the other(s)? Sorry, I'm not code savvy, so I'm not quite clear on the difference; I just know TerrariaPatcher has "patch" right in the name, and TerraCustom allows me to make awesome worlds. :p

I'm really looking forward to being able to buff/prefix my weapons from TP and dual wield them from your mod, for instance. Possible?

Good stuff!

I hope the people on this project don't spend too much time on the tapi forum thread... all that confusion and entitlement and inability to read two posts back... :p

So, do I understand you correctly, that if I'm using something like @PinkPlum's excellent TerraCustom or a set of mods/plugins from @Trascend's TerrariaPatcher, that so long as they're not altering the same stuff (or vice versa) it should all play nicely together? What if (for example) your mod changes something that a TerrariaPatcher plugin also changes; am I suddenly unable to use both mods side by side, or can I just choose specific mods/plugins to take priority over the other(s)? Sorry, I'm not code savvy, so I'm not quite clear on the difference; I just know TerrariaPatcher has "patch" right in the name, and TerraCustom allows me to make awesome worlds. :p

I'm really looking forward to being able to buff/prefix my weapons from TP and dual wield them from your mod, for instance. Possible?
It depends on which part. A lot of where we patch is the beginning/end of something, in which case the only thing that will change if multiple people change it is the order. For anything in the middle of code though it's hard to say.

But yes, it should be possible to use both, and if anything, one of the two mods would just have to add compatibility for each other.

I guess I should start talking on the forums again, it's been a while :dryadtongue:

What sort of format does Prism use? Does it use .jsons and .cs' like tAPI, or something different?

What sort of format does Prism use? Does it use .jsons and .cs' like tAPI, or something different?
Same idea, but it fully requires C# files now, you can't make a mod with only JSON's. This makes it quite a bit more flexible, but a bit more advanced to work with.

Reactions: Azu
Same idea, but it fully requires C# files now, you can't make a mod with only JSON's. This makes it quite a bit more flexible, but a bit more advanced to work with.
After Prism is finished, could you make a mod for it that loads tModLoader mods? so maybe beginners could work with tModLoader, while more advanced users could load those mods into Prism

After Prism is finished, could you make a mod for it that loads tModLoader mods? so maybe beginners could work with tModLoader, while more advanced users could load those mods into Prism
Shouldnt be needed, depending on how tModLoader works (I still need to look at it, been busy with work/1.3 playthrough/Prism) it might be possible to install Prism onto it, would probably need one or both sides to add some compatibility though.

Are you still playing/modding Terraria? Your mods were the best in my opinion, and I really miss their function in 1.3.1 :( And tModLoader is working quite well now in multiplayer too, so I think the API wouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom