1. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

PC Terraria 1.3.0.8: Can Mac & Linux Come Out & Play?

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob :P

noob :P Terrarian

the dungeon in a nut shell too spooky.gif meanwhile in the dungeon.gif SKELETON.gif

2. Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey Official Terrarian

Yeah, but I don't recommend switching to Linux. I tried it, returned to Windows after a few days. It just isn't ready for prime time yet.

3. Ori

Ori Spazmatism

These are some great news! Too bad I gave my mac only friend terraria when it was in like 1.1. I doubt he has interest in it anymore
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2015 ---
    Also does this mean STEAMOS compatibility? lol :D

4. Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey Official Terrarian

Obviously. SteamOS is based on the Linux kernel.

5. PlatinumDV

PlatinumDV Terrarian

It's amazing to finally see the full release for Mac/Linux! I do have one question, though. I was wondering why my Steam library still says its in the open beta. Do I have to change something in the properties to play the full release?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Edit: I noticed that a some people we're having the same problem. What I did was I went into the Steam Library, opened the properties window, and opted out of the Beta. It's basically the same as entering the Beta.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  6. thr

thr Terrarian

Terraria now works out-of-box on Arch. I imagine supporting every distro in existence would be a nightmarish task, so I'd rather the devs concentrate their efforts on the game itself. Linux folk will manage anyway. I also believe they've chosen Ubuntu, because of how Terraria client is tied with the Steam platform. Incidentally, Ubuntu is the distro that Steam officially supports.

Torque likes this.
  7. Derpinator-9000

Derpinator-9000 The Destroyer

8. vanilla

vanilla Skeletron Prime

I quite literally just pulled a goku after seeing this (in a good way) [​IMG] YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now I need to wait for a mac app store port :(

9. lukejano

lukejano Terrarian

I am happy about the linux support and all, but now it is time to wait for TShock to update...

What fun.

10. The__Bird

The__Bird Spazmatism

i agree with this
    ty devs for taking the time to port this game over

11. jazztickets

jazztickets Terrarian

You shouldn't use sudo for editing files in your own home directory.

12. PoroCYon

PoroCYon Terrarian

It has been confirmed to run on Arch, and it should on most distros.

13. Scope :3

Scope :3 Terrarian

Awesome job :D
    Im happy for all the Mac and Linux users out there, that finally can play Terraria.

14. Hie the Badger

Hie the Badger The Destroyer

I bet they are really getting those nerfs down in windows. But I'm glad linux is getting terraria because I may go linux over windows 10.

15. Shyguy

Shyguy Spazmatism

Darn, thought some awesome thing i didnt know about was added... erm. Anyway, congrats mac users!

16. Drodin

Drodin Steampunker

I approve. Mobile/Mac/PC user. :)

17. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks to Skiphs, Arkhalis and the Re-Logic team for all the hard work on getting Mac and Linux up to speed. It's exciting to play on my Mac as well as my Windows computers. Love the flexibility.

18. Zoomo

Zoomo Lunatic Cultist

Yay it's done! Thanks to all the people who reported bugs and sped up the process!

19. Gnominator

Gnominator Skeletron Prime

Oh...Such rates will appear 1.4 soon...

20. Jofairden

Jofairden Retinazer

OMG, My body is ready! ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.