Terraria: Twenty Million Strong & Counting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never would have thought the game sold 20 million.

I mean the game is amazing but damn...20 million is crazy. Congrats.

So this game has finally reached 20 million copies and imo this was well deserved as this is truly an awesome game and I love it so much. It is games like these that I love because the developers make extra content for us but they are not greedy and will not charge us to get extra content in the form of dlc but they update the game for free so everyone can have fun and over time the game improves. I really hate dlc and think it is a waste of money and all developers should be happy with the money from the base game and terraria couldn't have been another one of those games. It wouldn't be as fun if only half of players had access to 1.3 because we had to pay for it and more or less money could have been made by doing that but they decided to keep the game free beyond the base price of the game. Terraria is ultimately a prime example that you can still be successful without relying on dlc
Well done guys you deserve it :happy:

Could you provide a breakdown of sales, if possible? I.e.:
- Copies sold on Steam
- Copies sold on GOG
- Copies sold on iOS
- Copies sold on Android
And so on...

Could be interesting to see!

So just hardcore expert mode? I mean, yeah, it's hard, but you can totally do it easily since the nurse is obtainable pre-boss.
The challenge relies on more than just the bosses.

Regardless of anything, Expert Mode is still a harder difficult, spicing things more up than it's originally used to be.
Certainely not extremely hard, but that's where you can make it harder by yourself if you're up to it.

Could you provide a breakdown of sales, if possible? I.e.:
- Copies sold on Steam
- Copies sold on GOG
- Copies sold on iOS
- Copies sold on Android
And so on...

Could be interesting to see!

Maybe, I don't have all of that in front of me right now....but I will say that we are closing in on 9m for PC alone (8.6m as of end of 2016, with more thus far in 2017 of course), and that PC growth has been a huge part of the rise in the last 18 months (beyond just "being on more platforms"...though that certainly helps!)

Maybe, I don't have all of that in front of me right now....but I will say that we are closing in on 9m for PC alone (8.6m as of end of 2016, with more thus far in 2017 of course), and that PC growth has been a huge part of the rise in the last 18 months (beyond just "being on more platforms"...though that certainly helps!)
less than 50% are PC players?

The challenge relies on more than just the bosses.

Regardless of anything, Expert Mode is still a harder difficult, spicing things more up than it's originally used to be.
Certainely not extremely hard, but that's where you can make it harder by yourself if you're up to it.
Okay, but it's only hard while you're looking for the first heart crystal, and that's not too bad. After that, stay inside at night and stay near the nurse for bosses. Only two exceptions, the eater of worlds, but it's not too bad unless you fight it on the surface and you can use a crimson world anyway, and the wall of flesh, but the hellwing bow or some dynamite kills it very effectively.

Okay, but it's only hard while you're looking for the first heart crystal, and that's not too bad. After that, stay inside at night and stay near the nurse for bosses. Only two exceptions, the eater of worlds, but it's not too bad unless you fight it on the surface and you can use a crimson world anyway, and the wall of flesh, but the hellwing bow or some dynamite kills it very effectively.
you progress slower, that's for sure
also, skeletron

I'm glad to see how far this game has come, though I am not sure I'm too interested in the direction the game is going. Some major balancing issues have not been fixed in years, some useless content has been added like parties (I still enjoyed having them in the game, though having an entire 1.3.X update for something as simple as that was not needed), the PVP scene in Terraria is somewhat broken just because of how alot of the weapons work, and Mobile and Console still have major problems compared to the experience of the PC version, balancing in those 2 versions is pretty much completely :red:ed.

I actually read the news first on a big dutch website. Congratulations! For a game so incredibly entertaining AND dirt cheap to boot you people more than earned this success.

Edit: And after seeing the old trailer I was reminded of and still think the old oven/forge looks better! :p

Last edited:
Good job guys! I remember when I bought a Terraria. In 2012. Today I have this game on PC, Android! I love this game! I love what you done and still will do. :passionate:
(Sorry 4 my bad english :joy:)

yeah, but you can just move the nurse next to the dungeon. run back and forth for the spinny bit. heck, you don't need the nurse for the second half of the fight, ten blocks above your head make him stop shooting.
You know, if you really like to nurse-abuse, you can also decide to not use the nurse. as a part of the 'make it harder by yourself.' I mentioned earlier.

I don't say I'll never use the nurse myself, but I see it more as a part of honor to beat the expert mode bosses without the help of the nurse.

I'll rather end this discussion here, it's rather off-topic.

EDIT: I have not noticed Tunnel King's post about this. sorry for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom