Ask a Derpling anything.

Has a terrarian ever stolen derpling tech?
Not stolen, persay. They seem to be bound by rules entirely different then ours, which prevent them from accessing any of our sensitive laboratories. I guess they have if you count the extremely old weapon prototypes we have in the dungeon, though.

That doesn't say much. Do you mean the biome chest ones?
Those are the most valuable ones that are still there, but we have others there too. The most noteworthy ones are the Magnet Sphere mana focusing tomes and the Sniper Rifle. It's our abandoned laboratory, so everything there can be credited to us.

If everything is credited to you did you tie up the mechanic
:sigh: I meant all of the weapons and mechanisms and enemies...

The Moon Lihzahrd Cult who made their home there could have imprisoned her... But if they did, they don't remember it. The vessel of Skeletron is the most likely candidate for that, which means that we are indirectly responsible, because we created him as a defense mechanism for the dungeon in the first place.

I'm very interested in your kind,considering both of our kinds jump,but I want to know what your kind eat? And are you at peace with the 2 different kinds of jungle slime?

Are There multiple species of derplings? and are terrarians considered to be "disruptive" to your spices? Is your behavior influenced by certain music? Why do you like to kill my noob friends so much? Is that just something you do to say, "Oh, Crap. Another Freaking terrarian? How many are there?"

Apologies for the significant delay, our Assessors have been overworking themselves lately (due to the massive dimensional shift that has occured recently) and it became a bit much for everyone involved to manage.

I will answer the questions that have been waiting to the best of my current ability.
I'm very interested in your kind,considering both of our kinds jump,but I want to know what your kind eat? And are you at peace with the 2 different kinds of jungle slime?
We can eat basically anything we want, as we've reconfigured our digestive systems to do so. What we prefer to eat varies on the individual. I personally prefer vegetables of the green variety (in particular, broccoli.)

We created slimes in order to do scouting and intel work for us, so we're in a meaningful alliance with them.
Why nuclear weapons and not something more advanced?
It isn't exactly weaponry that causes the explosions in that anomalous dimension. It's a dimension where atoms are constantly crashing into each other at such high speeds that nuclear radiation is constantly bombarding from all angles to an incendiary degree. We discovered it a long time ago and have theorized that it's a universe actively being born. Our simulations pointed to the possibility that it would become a universe identical to ours, so we began sending our enemies there to destroy them, altering the timeline and removing potential for a multiversal paradox to occur.
Are There multiple species of derplings? and are terrarians considered to be "disruptive" to your spices? Is your behavior influenced by certain music? Why do you like to kill my noob friends so much? Is that just something you do to say, "Oh, Crap. Another Freaking terrarian? How many are there?"
There are a variety of different Derpling "roles" which have different biology and appearance to others. The light blue shelled variety ("Assessors") are specially designed to gather information on the denizens of the Archipelago, being physically weakened enough that they (usually) don't obliterate the subjects too quickly to lose out on meaningful data.

Terrarians aren't considered disruptive, they aren't able to gain access to our civilizations and outposts, so we don't feel threatened by them. They are fascinating for us to study, however.

If you mean "can Derplings dance?" by that question, then yes. :D

We attack Terrarians because we realize that they (usually) have the ability to resurrect themselves in under a minute. They also have such a significant array of abilities that we usually gain an incredible amount of data by attacking them and assessing their combat prowess. We apologize for the inconvenience if we disrupt your expeditions by doing so.
why do you, derplings, just jumps
We can walk, but Terrarians have a more behaviourally interesting reaction if we attack them in a more aerial fashion. They usually consider "walkers" to be more bland to fight, anyway, so it's better for everyone involved if we jump instead.

All right. How are Derpling-Aztec, Derping-Equestria and Derpling-Modern Earth relationships anyway?
Their physic sets are incompatible with ours, so we aren't able to really directly communicate with them too well. We're working on creating three dimensional vessels so we'll be able to, however. The work is very slow going, because we have to work on every layer of them, atom by atom. We're able to watch other dimensions using the Dimensional Ocular, but we won't be able to communicate in any form except text until the vessels are complete... Which makes Derpling-Aztec relationships borderline impossible because they use a different written language than ours.

Last edited:
What if a terrarian doesn't resurrect?
do you do a funeral?
Did you design the DCU?
We extract their minds and seperate it from the control of the Higher Beings before resurrecting them ourselves. They can either choose to work for us or go to one of the "deserted" islands in the Archipelago, which are similar to the actual ones but are unable to be influenced by the Higher Beings.

We did design it. We're curious how the Terrarians got their hands on the blueprint for it, as version 2.0 (the one they're able to construct) is too new to have been stored in the Dungeon. The current version of the DCU is version 8.3, and the Terrarians fortunately don't have access to it.

Back
Top Bottom