Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost a month since this post was made and no further news... At this point i have already lost all trust in their One terraria vision...
Do people really expect constant updates nowadays? As you say it's been one month, is there really an expectation that anything has changed? Developers have better things to do with their time than to tell us "still working on it" every week.

Yeah, that's the joke. >.>

A little longer*

I got the joke before, what I meant was maybe people just need to deal with how long it takes.
No, Seriously, some of you people are spoiled, really, truly, spoiled. Game Development takes a long time, you're expecting them to snap their fingers and have the game done, and even though they have a couple of predictions that were wrong, I won't blame them, because of how long this stuff takes, and they were only ever estimates anyway, All of these update threads that they've created, made you forget how long it actually takes to make a game.

Let's take a peek at Electronic Arts and their FIFA series...
Soccer/Football, a pretty big :red:ing deal, they put out a new game each year, and while "playable" it's terrible, the animations are :red:, and the gameplay is jittery and the connection to their servers is horrible, you usually get disconnected mid-game, this is what happens when you spend a year on the game.

Nintendo? Anyone?
"Breath of the Wild took four years to develop and employed 300 developers at Nintendo.

That’s according to Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma, who has been working on Zelda games for 20 years.

With that many developers working for that long, it would also most certainly make it the most expensive game Nintendo has ever made."
LoZ BoTW might be a Bigger Game than Terraria, but it's taken significantly more time, and people to do so. Let's not forget, PipeWorks doesn't have anywhere near 300 developers.

PipeWorks has shown us Development Builds, quite clearly on the Consoles, that includes a ton of content from 1.3, and shows us that it's working quite well, but they haven't even spent a whole year on it, the fact that they're doing this well, is astonishing.

Take the wait, those of you with many posts of complaining/saying PipeWorks is a horrible company.

For those of you who have only posted your complaint a couple times, I don't mean to target you like this, i'm talking about the ones who act like they're going to die if they have to wait any longer, non-jokingly.

Last edited:
Almost a month since this post was made and no further news... At this point i have already lost all trust in their One terraria vision...

you know, i consider myself one of the most pessimistic people around, and even i have more patience and hope than a lot of the people complaining here... that says a lot about the different eras we're from.

if it takes so little to completely shatter your hope and trust, then you have had very little hardship in life.

big things take time, and considering they had to completely reconstruct this game from scratch, and are trying to keep one of the most important things for a lot of console gamers intact and working properly, you should learn to be a bit more grateful for the hard work going into it.

i can understand being anxious for it, but people need to stop throwing needless blame around and losing faith so quickly.

this isn't just directed at you, but to everyone here who is behaving in similar or even worse ways.

calm down, it's clear pipeworks is working hard, it's not like they're procrastinating and purposely trying to upset people, they're doing their best to make sure the update satisfies as many people as possible.

you know, i consider myself one of the most pessimistic people around, and even i have more patience and hope than a lot of the people complaining here... that says a lot about the different eras we're from.

if it takes so little to completely shatter your hope and trust, then you have had very little hardship in life.

big things take time, and considering they had to completely reconstruct this game from scratch, and are trying to keep one of the most important things for a lot of console gamers intact and working properly, you should learn to be a bit more grateful for the hard work going into it.

i can understand being anxious for it, but people need to stop throwing needless blame around and losing faith so quickly.

this isn't just directed at you, but to everyone here who is behaving in similar or even worse ways.

calm down, it's clear pipeworks is working hard, it's not like they're procrastinating and purposely trying to upset people, they're doing their best to make sure the update satisfies as many people as possible.

I know Pipeworks is working plenty hard on this, but I would prefer they give us as much updating as possible. The longer they wait to update us on what is going on the more it seems like they aren't working on it. They are, but if the updates on their progress were more often than every 3 months, I would feel like they ARE getting somewhere.
It just would make me (and maybe more people) more focused and ready for this update. Because the longer they wait, the more I'm falling asleep.:confused:

People should be upset. They announced the first "short" delay just shy of six months ago. This isn't folks being quick to anger. This is something that has had months to build.

I know Pipeworks is working plenty hard on this, but I would prefer they give us as much updating as possible. The longer they wait to update us on what is going on the more it seems like they aren't working on it. They are, but if the updates on their progress were more often than every 3 months, I would feel like they ARE getting somewhere.
It just would make me (and maybe more people) more focused and ready for this update. Because the longer they wait, the more I'm falling asleep.:confused:

They've already given more updates than most game companies do.

PipeWorks did give us an update yesterday on their Twitch channel. They demoed the PS4 build live, and frankly it looked pretty damn good. Only a few more bugs to squash and then we will have it. I must say I was pretty worried about performance and how they would solve pasting a PC gui onto a console, but it looked pretty good. They didn't demo split-screen multiplayer so that is something to worry about still, but they seemed pretty confident they would crack that nut as well.

You can watch the rerun of the stream on their channel if you want.

People should be upset. They announced the first "short" delay just shy of six months ago. This isn't folks being quick to anger. This is something that has had months to build.

"something that has had months to build"

you do realize they're reconstructing the game from scratch... right?

do you have any idea how long it takes to create a game from scratch, let alone using a code made for one platform and getting it to work on several very different platforms?

this is about more than people being quick to anger, it's about people not quite grasping what it is that pipeworks is accomplishing.

the fact that they've gotten as much done as they have, as quickly as they have, should be applauded, they don't deserve to be treated as if they committed a crime.

it'd just be nice to see people show some understanding, instead of being so unreasonable.

problems can occur at any moment, with anything, simple or complex... and what they're working on is far from simple, i'd imagine.

if they had something new or important to tell us, they'd do so.

but it's easy to see nothing will change anyone's mind on this matter... so that's all i can say, not much point in any further attempts. %:sigh:

do you have any idea how long it takes to create a game from scratch, let alone using a code made for one platform and getting it to work on several very different platforms?

this is about more than people being quick to anger, it's about people not quite grasping what it is that pipeworks is accomplishing.

the fact that they've gotten as much done as they have, as quickly as they have, should be applauded, they don't deserve to be treated as if they committed a crime.

it'd just be nice to see people show some understanding, instead of being so unreasonable.

problems can occur at any moment, with anything, simple or complex... and what they're working on is far from simple, i'd imagine.

if they had something new or important to tell us, they'd do so.

but it's easy to see nothing will change anyone's mind on this matter... so that's all i can say, not much point in any further attempts. %:sigh:
The anger has has months to build. The update has had multiple years.

Last edited:

Correct, Terraria is massive, it's like trying to release all of any of these games: WoW/Warcraft Franchise (1,2,3, and 3's Expansions)/Minecraft/Every FNaF Game/Portal 1-2/Runescape (All of it, 2007-RS2-RS3) etc. all in one update/at once...

All of these games took many updates/expansions to create, many many many items, and they all took time to get where they are now, PipeWorks is re-doing many updates worth of stuff, in one update.

These games/franchises never released all (of it's expansions/content) at once.

Essentially, PipeWorks is trying to re-"develop" all of Terraria in less time than it took to get PC Terraria to the same update originally.

Do people really expect constant updates nowadays? As you say it's been one month, is there really an expectation that anything has changed? Developers have better things to do with their time than to tell us "still working on it" every week.

I've never understood it either. I'd rather they update when necassary rather then just a weekly update that tells us nothing.

A little longer*

I got the joke before, what I meant was maybe people just need to deal with how long it takes.
No, Seriously, some of you people are spoiled, really, truly, spoiled. Game Development takes a long time, you're expecting them to snap their fingers and have the game done, and even though they have a couple of predictions that were wrong, I won't blame them, because of how long this stuff takes, and they were only ever estimates anyway, All of these update threads that they've created, made you forget how long it actually takes to make a game.

Let's take a peek at Electronic Arts and their FIFA series...
Soccer/Football, a pretty big :red:ing deal, they put out a new game each year, and while "playable" it's terrible, the animations are :red:, and the gameplay is jittery and the connection to their servers is horrible, you usually get disconnected mid-game, this is what happens when you spend a year on the game.

Nintendo? Anyone?
"Breath of the Wild took four years to develop and employed 300 developers at Nintendo.

That’s according to Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma, who has been working on Zelda games for 20 years.

With that many developers working for that long, it would also most certainly make it the most expensive game Nintendo has ever made."
LoZ BoTW might be a Bigger Game than Terraria, but it's taken significantly more time, and people to do so. Let's not forget, PipeWorks doesn't have anywhere near 300 developers.

PipeWorks has shown us Development Builds, quite clearly on the Consoles, that includes a ton of content from 1.3, and shows us that it's working quite well, but they haven't even spent a whole year on it, the fact that they're doing this well, is astonishing.

Take the wait, those of you with many posts of complaining/saying PipeWorks is a horrible company.

For those of you who have only posted your complaint a couple times, I don't mean to target you like this, i'm talking about the ones who act like they're going to die if they have to wait any longer, non-jokingly.

Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom